Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Faulty Dishwasher

Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power and
the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys that
SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has gone and
this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my wallet out and
purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described does this sound
plausible?

Cheers

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 09/08/2016 20:26, Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power
and the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys
that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has
gone and this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my
wallet out and purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described
does this sound plausible?

Cheers

Not knowing much about repairs or that model but I would go for a
blockage of some kind. If some water was left in it has it all gone
mouldy/gungy and blocked a pipe?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything.
Pressing start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill
and no cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely
got power and the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance
repair guys that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the
're-circulator' has gone and this is very likely to be unrepairable.
Before getting my wallet out and purchasing a new machine, from the
symptoms described does this sound plausible?

Cheers

I wonder if the outlet pump is seized?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/9/2016 9:18 PM, Capitol wrote:
Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything.
Pressing start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill
and no cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely
got power and the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance
repair guys that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the
're-circulator' has gone and this is very likely to be unrepairable.
Before getting my wallet out and purchasing a new machine, from the
symptoms described does this sound plausible?

Cheers

I wonder if the outlet pump is seized?

Could be, or perhaps more likely the main "swishing" pump. The former is
normally similar a washing machine waste pump, but often more
inaccessible in dishwashers. You may well be able to get at the impeller
of the "swishing" pump by removing one or two of the plastic covers in
the middle of the "floor" of the chamber. It *could* just be food or
mechanical debris.

Or could it just be that the "fill" solenoid valve is not opening to let
the water in? These are usually relatively cheap, standard parts. In the
past I have kept ancient washing machines going by "bodging" in a valve
from a completely different model.

Your repair guys might well be right that it is probably uneconomic to
pay them for a repair, but could be worth doing yourself even if you
only get another year or two out of it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote
Endulini wrote

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years
in storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything.
Pressing start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill
and no cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely
got power and the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance
repair guys that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the
're-circulator' has gone and this is very likely to be unrepairable.
Before getting my wallet out and purchasing a new machine, from the
symptoms described does this sound plausible?

I wonder if the outlet pump is seized?

Doesn't explain no fill. My Bosch doesn't pump out initially, just starts
filling and turns the pump on when there is enough water in it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Endulini" Wrote in message:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power and
the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys that
SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has gone and
this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my wallet out and
purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described does this sound
plausible?

Cheers

I would have thought the solenoid valve would have opened to let
the water in before the recirculation pump comes into play.
first check you haven't got an open -circuit solenoid
valve.
--

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Aug 2016 00:12:30 +0100, Graham. wrote:

"Endulini" Wrote in message:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power
and the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys
that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has
gone and this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my
wallet out and purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described
does this sound plausible?

Cheers

I would have thought the solenoid valve would have opened to let
the water in before the recirculation pump comes into play.
first check you haven't got an open -circuit solenoid valve.

If it's a Bosch, the Aqua-Stop system in the hose may have stuck.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 20:26:43 UTC+1, Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise

that'll be the emptying pump

but no fill and no

there's the problem. Bad fill solenoid or controller, or wiring between the 2. You can check the diagnosis by stopping at this point, hand filling and continuing the cycle. If this diagnosis is correct it will then do a wash cycle. You may want to use vinegar & a tiny bit of washing up liquid first time instead of a detergent tablet to help clean it out.

cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power and
the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys that
SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has gone and
this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my wallet out and
purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described does this sound
plausible?

I doubt it. But we don't know for sure with limited info.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
Capitol wrote
Endulini wrote

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything.
Pressing start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no
fill and no cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's
definitely got power and the water is definitely on. A couple of
local appliance repair guys that SWMBO has spoken to have suggested
that the 're-circulator' has gone and this is very likely to be
unrepairable. Before getting my wallet out and purchasing a new
machine, from the symptoms described does this sound plausible?

I wonder if the outlet pump is seized?

Doesn't explain no fill. My Bosch doesn't pump out initially, just
starts filling and turns the pump on when there is enough water in it.

Before filling, the water level has to be low enough to start the
cycle.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 9 Aug 2016 20:26:39 +0100, "Endulini"
wrote:

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks).

There are a lot of repair videos on Bosch and other dishwashers on You
Tube such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GgOka30xA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Endulini" Wrote in message:
[...]

Or the the float switch (part of the Bosch aqua-stop system) in the base
tub is stuck which will cut off the water supply as mentioned at:
http://header.bosch.com/claim/ifl/fr...=en&country=uk

Google for how to repair this. If you cannot find anything I would be
inclined to try back flushing water through the outlet to try to free it.

Alan

--

Using an ARMX6
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 August 2016 20:26:43 UTC+1, Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks). It's definitely got power and
the water is definitely on. A couple of local appliance repair guys that
SWMBO has spoken to have suggested that the 're-circulator' has gone and
this is very likely to be unrepairable. Before getting my wallet out and
purchasing a new machine, from the symptoms described does this sound
plausible?

Cheers

You could try tilting the machine forward and shaking it. This sometimes works.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Our Bosch dishwasher, that has just been plumbed in after 2 years in
storage, worked for 3-4 washes and now refuses to do anything. Pressing
start just makes it give a gurgling/gasping noise but no fill and no
cleaning activity (and it absolutely stinks).

There are a lot of repair videos on Bosch and other dishwashers on You
Tube such as

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23GgOka30xA

I'd suggest finding the exact model video or a decent manual/written
guide, and making sure that key parts are still available. Bitter
experience here ;-)

--
Cheers, Rob

Is this PSU faulty? aeio Electronics Repair 11 July 25th 14 03:23 PM
why Dc Adapter get faulty on UPS? Asad Ali Electronics Repair 1 September 22nd 11 05:35 AM
Faulty DI Gareth Magennis Electronic Schematics 6 December 18th 08 10:31 AM
Faulty LCD TV Ian N Electronics Repair 3 September 9th 05 06:41 AM
Faulty tv Larry Brasfield Electronics Repair 4 April 7th 05 12:53 PM