Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Parts of this pedal-powered submarine appear made of wood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05-Aug-16 9:32 AM, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

That is one way to smuggle immigrants into the UK :-)

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 05-Aug-16 9:46 AM, jim wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Vive les barking mad frenchmen :-D

Er... if they pedal in shifts - one pedals whilst t'other sleeps,
why do they need 2 pedalling stations?

It's too tight inside to swap positions?

What are they doing for air?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2016 09:46, jim wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Vive les barking mad frenchmen :-D

Er... if they pedal in shifts - one pedals whilst t'other sleeps,
why do they need 2 pedalling stations?

"there are two pedalling sets, one at the back and one at the front and
we will switch seats every four hours"

Perhaps the one on the back doesn't need to push so hard!!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Nightjar wrote:
On 05-Aug-16 9:32 AM, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

That is one way to smuggle immigrants into the UK :-)

Two at a time if you can train them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2016 10:10, GB wrote:
On 05-Aug-16 9:46 AM, jim wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Vive les barking mad frenchmen :-D

Er... if they pedal in shifts - one pedals whilst t'other sleeps,
why do they need 2 pedalling stations?

It's too tight inside to swap positions?

What are they doing for air?

Qu'est-ce que ça veut dire, "Vot are zey doing..."

Merde!

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2016 09:32, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Someone needs to tell them that peddle powered subs have already been
done and long gone, as in many decades.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, August 5, 2016 at 12:58:25 PM UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 05/08/2016 09:32, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Someone needs to tell them that peddle powered subs have already been
done and long gone, as in many decades.

It looks the part but £100,000. Utter madness.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05-Aug-16 12:26 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Nightjar wrote:
On 05-Aug-16 9:32 AM, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

That is one way to smuggle immigrants into the UK :-)

Two at a time if you can train them.

You sell them the outside seats.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not
pressure hull.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/16 21:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not
pressure hull.

Andy

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah that is the turbo charge feature I'd imagine...:-)
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"jim" k wrote in message
TimW Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Vive les barking mad frenchmen :-D

Er... if they pedal in shifts - one pedals whilst t'other sleeps,
why do they need 2 pedalling stations?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I did wonder that myselfMore to the point what are they doing to remove co2
which will be generated big time if they are exerting themselves
peddaling.Do the crew need oxygen masks etc, or is there also some pump
that has a snorkel above the water to exchange the air.
Brian

--
----- -

"GB" wrote in message
On 05-Aug-16 9:46 AM, jim wrote:
TimW Wrote in message:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

Tim W

Vive les barking mad frenchmen :-D

Er... if they pedal in shifts - one pedals whilst t'other sleeps,
why do they need 2 pedalling stations?

It's too tight inside to swap positions?

What are they doing for air?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2016 09:54, Nightjar wrote:
On 05-Aug-16 9:32 AM, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

It has made me think about what I could do in the shed.

That is one way to smuggle immigrants into the UK :-)

They can do the pedalling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 August 2016 09:33:01 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

A hundred meters deep??
That sounds unlikely.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2016 18:19, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 23:43:29 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 05/08/16 21:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not
pressure hull.

Andy

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW

Local SW News at 18.15 today reported that they've given up after less
than a day, blaming problems with their sonar and carbon monoxide
detected inside the sub. Carbon Monoxide? Where's that coming from
then?

Their disposable barbecue?

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2016 18:10, harry wrote:
On Friday, 5 August 2016 09:33:01 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-36967146
http://www.projetpoissonpilote.com/en/

A hundred meters deep??
That sounds unlikely.

I had also thought that and assumed it was a typical journalistic error.

10m per atmosphere, 100m would be 150lb/in^2

Not the easiest thing to test. Perhaps drop below a boat to 150m as a
proof test and see what comes back up?

They may also be confused about the depth of the English Channel, which
is in the order of 100m.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2016 19:17, Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 06/08/2016 18:19, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 23:43:29 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 05/08/16 21:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not
pressure hull.

Andy

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW

Local SW News at 18.15 today reported that they've given up after less
than a day, blaming problems with their sonar and carbon monoxide
detected inside the sub. Carbon Monoxide? Where's that coming from
then?

Their disposable barbecue?

Perhaps they had a secret petrol engine in there after all?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Chris Hogg" wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Aug 2016 19:53:29 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

On 06/08/2016 19:17, Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 06/08/2016 18:19, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 23:43:29 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 05/08/16 21:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings,
not
pressure hull.

Andy

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW

Local SW News at 18.15 today reported that they've given up after less
than a day, blaming problems with their sonar and carbon monoxide
detected inside the sub. Carbon Monoxide? Where's that coming from
then?

Their disposable barbecue?

Perhaps they had a secret petrol engine in there after all?

Is there any CO in farts?

Nope. Some H2S tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Chris Hogg Wrote in message:
On Fri, 5 Aug 2016 23:43:29 +0100, TimW wrote:

On 05/08/16 21:59, Vir Campestris wrote:
They're mad.

But looking at their web site - the wooden bits are only fairings, not
pressure hull.

Andy

You are right for sure. Fairings full of water.

TW

Local SW News at 18.15 today reported that they've given up after less
than a day, blaming problems with their sonar and carbon monoxide
detected inside the sub. Carbon Monoxide? Where's that coming from
then?

Gitanes

--
Jim K