Gunner Asch

Default Update on Hobart Cybertig pedal (made it to work)

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 06:26:31 GMT, Ignoramus13880
wrote:

A little update...

The hobart cybertig that I bought 6 weeks ago, came with a remote
control pendant. It was not easy to use it for welding because it
required the use of third hand.

I recently bought a foot pedal on ebay. It did not work for me,
because the 10 pin connector that I thought was for the pedal, was in
fact for something else, and was (just as the pedal) male. I wasted
some time and money by buying a matching female plug for it and then
realizing that it was a wrong route.

Afterwards, I bought a 19 pin plug for the pendant connector, and
basically followed the manual that I had, for connecting them. The
pedal has two sets of wires:

1) two wires for ON/OFF control (open/close)
2) three wires for potentiometer based current control: two sides and
the wiper. I had to make a guess (the manual was unclear) on which
side goes where.

After I soldered everything, the pedal worked and, luckily, the two
sides of the potentiometer were soldered correctly, not in reverse
order, as I was afraid. So, now I have a working foot pedal, it is
beautiful.

I want to say special thanks to everyone who advised me on the foot
pedal issue. Wayne was spot on in pointing out that the 10 pin
connector was for the dabber and not for the foot pedal.

On my Cybertig 2...the 10 pin is for the pedal, and also requires a
biasing resistor. (CT300 drawer)

There is a company on the net..cant remember the name..SSC Controls or
such, that makes pedals, adapters and so forth, that has plugs, and
wiring diagrams.

.....click! got it

http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-...otcontrols.htm

If you go down to the "old Hobart" and click on the PDF link..you will
notice the wiring diagram for the rather hard to find 10 pin
connector.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Wayne Cook

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:23:20 GMT, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On my Cybertig 2...the 10 pin is for the pedal, and also requires a
biasing resistor. (CT300 drawer)

There is a company on the net..cant remember the name..SSC Controls or
such, that makes pedals, adapters and so forth, that has plugs, and
wiring diagrams.

....click! got it

http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-...otcontrols.htm

If you go down to the "old Hobart" and click on the PDF link..you will
notice the wiring diagram for the rather hard to find 10 pin
connector.

Mine has the ten pin as well. But it's much older than yours. I bet
your 10 pin is female on the welder as well. That was the big
difference actually. Iggy's had a female ten pin for some fancy robot
torch based on what I could figure out in the manual in a few minutes.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm
Gunner Asch

wrote:

On my Cybertig 2...the 10 pin is for the pedal, and also requires a
biasing resistor. (CT300 drawer)

There is a company on the net..cant remember the name..SSC Controls or
such, that makes pedals, adapters and so forth, that has plugs, and
wiring diagrams.

....click! got it

http://www.ssccontrols.com/homepage-...otcontrols.htm

If you go down to the "old Hobart" and click on the PDF link..you will
notice the wiring diagram for the rather hard to find 10 pin
connector.

Mine has the ten pin as well. But it's much older than yours. I bet
your 10 pin is female on the welder as well. That was the big
difference actually. Iggy's had a female ten pin for some fancy robot
torch based on what I could figure out in the manual in a few minutes.

You are right, except that my receptacle on the welder was male, not
female. If it was a foot pedal receptacle, it would have been female
instead. The plug of the pedal was male.

After I replaced the 10 pin male plug on the pedal with the big 19 pin
plug, I have a spare 10 pin male plug that is usable for many cybertigs.

Thats the one I need.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

UPDATE $9.99 Hobart CyberTig II welder Ignoramus5411 Metalworking 2 September 23rd 05 08:39 AM
Dan-Mig update yourname Metalworking 3 December 30th 04 06:25 PM
Query: Legality of Electrical work Peter UK diy 36 May 23rd 04 12:13 AM
Compressor Motor: HP v.s. Amps? Chuck Metalworking 81 October 15th 03 04:03 AM