Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ??

Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 25/07/16 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

You may be in luck, I move to my new house next week. (new for me that
is, even the agent description had to admit "the house does now require
some modernisation and refurbishment ".)

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 01:12:50 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

You are as bad as anyone else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 01:12:52 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

Yes. As I commented offline, harry is responsible for starting 90% of it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2016 06:27, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 01:12:50 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

You are as bad as anyone else.

And how many DIY threads have you started recently harry?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
David Lang wrote:

Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Yes: I note that several people are now not even bothering with "OT:".
Perhaps we should start using "OT:" to signify a DIT question. :-/

J.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 10:27:14 +0100, Another John wrote:

In article ,
David Lang wrote:

Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Yes: I note that several people are now not even bothering with "OT:".
Perhaps we should start using "OT:" to signify a DIT question. :-/

"*On* Topic" - Nice idea.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 01:12:50 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

You are as bad as anyone else.

Patently not true Harry and you ****ing know it. Trying to make out that
everyone is posting OT crap just to justify your own newsgroup wrecking
behaviour just doesn't wash.

Kindly get the **** out of this group and start your own when you can share
fantasies with other like-minded *******.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/2016 10:15, John Rumm wrote:
And how many DIY threads have you started recently harry?

The best thing I have done in a while was to killfile harry.

Still see the ensuing threads... but it is an improvement in the landscape.

--
Rod

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/16 10:27, Another John wrote:
In article ,
David Lang wrote:

Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Yes: I note that several people are now not even bothering with "OT:".
Perhaps we should start using "OT:" to signify a DIT question. :-/

J.

Including the person who originated this thread....

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/07/16 10:59, polygonum wrote:
On 26/07/2016 10:15, John Rumm wrote:
And how many DIY threads have you started recently harry?

The best thing I have done in a while was to killfile harry.

Still see the ensuing threads... but it is an improvement in the landscape.

harry, Plow****, Rod's Peed and nyms..If everyone simply fkill-filed who
they didn't like, the real idiots would vanish.

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

David Lang wrote:

Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Yes: I note that several people are now not even bothering with "OT:".
Perhaps we should start using "OT:" to signify a DIT question. :-/

J.

Including the person who originated this thread....

*Except*, Dave's observation was a reflection on how much political bs
was (still) going on in this d-i-y newsgroup, so it was very much on
topic for this *newsgroup*, *especially* by today's standards.

As has been mentioned elsewhere, if you want to talk politics, why
*wouldn't* you want to do so somewhere more appropriate?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 26 Jul 2016 11:22:47 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 26/07/16 10:59, polygonum wrote:
On 26/07/2016 10:15, John Rumm wrote:
And how many DIY threads have you started recently harry?

The best thing I have done in a while was to killfile harry.

Still see the ensuing threads... but it is an improvement in the landscape.

harry, Plow****, Rod's Peed and nyms..If everyone simply fkill-filed who
they didn't like, the real idiots would vanish.

Well I've now killfiled anything with brexit or politics in the
subject, as well as certain individuals.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Kindly get the **** out of this group and start your own when you can share
fantasies with other like-minded *******.

Well said.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) systemd: the Linux version of Windows 10

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , Tim+
escribió:

Kindly get the **** out of this group and start your own when you can
share fantasies with other like-minded *******.

Well said.

It's not the way 'they' work, though. The idea is to spread their brand of
bile and politics as far and wide as possible. And to call anyone who
challenges them a **** or whatever.

The amusing thing is that they actually represent a tiny part of the
population. EU excepted.

--
Is the hardness of the butter proportional to the softness of the bread?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 26/07/16 10:59, polygonum wrote:
On 26/07/2016 10:15, John Rumm wrote:
And how many DIY threads have you started recently harry?

The best thing I have done in a while was to killfile harry.

Still see the ensuing threads... but it is an improvement in the landscape.

harry, Plow****, Rod's Peed and nyms..If everyone simply fkill-filed who
they didn't like, the real idiots would vanish.

Well I've now killfiled anything with brexit or politics in the
subject, as well as certain individuals.

That's the great thing about individual freedom. If this newsgroup was
in the EU, you wouldn't be allowed to do that.

Either brexit posts would be removed, or you would be forced to read them.

Its called 'harmonisation'

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default subject less thread version 6 ??

Just ignore the things you are not interested in is what I tend to do. This
thread seems to have no subject.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"David Lang" wrote in message
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/26/2016 1:12 AM, John Rumm wrote:
On 25/07/2016 20:21, David Lang wrote:
Looked in again, still heavy on politics, light on DIY.

I'll try again in a week.

Its better if you stay and help drown the buggers out ;-)

+1.

I use Thunderbird and simply kill the silly threads (just type k)