Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default I know the answer

The question seems to be "why have fuel bills risen even though we are using
less power?" Probably suitably viewing for a 10 year old - so safe at work
to watch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zgcx82p

Is it to pay for all those FREE lightbulbs (the wank ones not LED ones),
FREE loft insulation [1] [2] (sometimes with FREE installation) and FREE
cavity wall insulation installations that the power companies gave us for
FREE?

[1] I cannot remember what the offer was on the B&Q stuff I got (ISTR £1 a
roll) but it could only be used on existing buildings and not new builds so
I bought it and used it on my brothers extension.

[2] **** poor loft insulation on an old house my mate bought (1 inch of
polystyrene balls). Ripped it out and said there was no insulation when he
bought the house and that the surveyor never checked the loft. Nice new FREE
up to modern standard insulation was installed.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 10 July 2016 11:43:25 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Is it to pay for all those FREE lightbulbs (the wank ones not LED ones),
FREE loft insulation [1] [2] (sometimes with FREE installation) and FREE
cavity wall insulation installations that the power companies gave us for
FREE?

You forgot to mention all the FREE energy monitors with FREE batteries, not to mention all the solar panels which are even better than FREE when the power companies give you FREE MONEY.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Those polystyrene balls are a PITA. Our loft looks like a ski slope.
I'd guess maybe 100 black bags worth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 11:43, ARW wrote:

Is it to pay for all those FREE lightbulbs

And for people with solar panels.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

When you changing your name to arfur Daley?
As for the original question, I suspect that over the years exchange rates,
the need to make Putin richer and prospecting for more fuel has had to be
paid for.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
or what I say, you don't have to
"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"bm" wrote in message
eb.com...

"ARW" wrote in message
[...]

Rip it out and burn them.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/07/2016 11:43, ARW wrote:
[...]

You forgot the 'warmfront' scheme where complete new central heating
systems were installed in tens of thousands of 'vulnerable' households,
at no cost to the owner.

Then there are the solid-walled properties that were clad with external
insulation under the green-bull**** scheme, again at little cost to the
owner.

In both cases, a charge should have been applied to the property,
repayable when the property is sold.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Andrew" wrote in message
On 10/07/2016 11:43, ARW wrote:
[...]

I wired a lot of them up! Complete new install my arse - the existing
pipework was reused in most cases - as was the cable from the CU to the
boilers switched fuse spur.

Then there are the solid-walled properties that were clad with external
insulation under the green-bull**** scheme, again at little cost to the
owner.

In both cases, a charge should have been applied to the property,
repayable when the property is sold.

There is a charge if you sell within so many years (ISTR 5 years).
Personally I would have made it a lifelong charge.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 July 2016 12:21:05 UTC+1, Andrew wrote:
You forgot the 'warmfront' scheme where complete new central heating
systems were installed in tens of thousands of 'vulnerable' households,
at no cost to the owner.

.... in council houses which were subsequently demolished for 'urban regeneration'.

Owain

I think I am going mad. (no don't answer that). The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 41 January 28th 16 09:36 PM
The answer Rick Hughes[_5_] UK diy 3 June 28th 14 03:01 PM
Bit OT. Anyone know the answer ...? Arfa Daily UK diy 16 February 24th 13 11:06 PM
What is your answer ? Engineerz Junction[_2_] Metalworking 1 May 18th 12 01:19 PM
RCA tv- anyone have an answer? Marlene Blanshay Electronics Repair 6 October 15th 03 07:28 AM