Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Go compare utility prices.

I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for
cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly
usage, and entered dont know for current utility company.
It defaulted to BG for a comparison and OVO among the ones I would save
money.
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying and that I have been quoted for renewing my yearly
contractnext month.
Anyone understand how this works or am I missing something.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

I am currently with OVO
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying

Are you on exactly the same OVO tariff it quoted? is it using TCR?
(tariff comparison rates are useless for a real comparison).
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 09/07/2016 20:40, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

I am currently with OVO
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying

Are you on exactly the same OVO tariff it quoted? is it using TCR?
(tariff comparison rates are useless for a real comparison).

Yip as far as I am aware but interestingly for the same kWh hours I gave
the tarriff per kWH was slightly higher yet they still stated I would
save £221 per year.
For the same kWH with a slightly higher tarrif I cant see how that would
save me money.
It just doesnt make sense.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/16 20:21, ss wrote:
I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for
cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly
usage, and entered dont know for current utility company.
It defaulted to BG for a comparison and OVO among the ones I would save
money.
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying and that I have been quoted for renewing my yearly
contractnext month.
Anyone understand how this works or am I missing something.

Who with?

I found CompareTheMarket got me some excellent deals - simple deals with
no silly catches.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 09/07/2016 20:40, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

I am currently with OVO
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying

Are you on exactly the same OVO tariff it quoted? is it using TCR?
(tariff comparison rates are useless for a real comparison).

Yip as far as I am aware but interestingly for the same kWh hours I gave
the tarriff per kWH was slightly higher yet they still stated I would
save £221 per year.
For the same kWH with a slightly higher tarrif I cant see how that would
save me money.
It just doesnt make sense.

The comparison is probably with the default BG rather than your current tariff.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 09/07/2016 21:09, Tim Watts wrote:
I found CompareTheMarket got me some excellent deals - simple deals with
no silly catches.

Yes thats why I changed 2 years back to OVO but now looking to see if
anything better. (used go compare)

Quote "The comparison is probably with the default BG rather than
your current tariff."

Yes maybe that accounts for it but the price they are quoting by
switching to Ovo gives a higher kWH price/daily charge when compared to
my current OVO price and the quote OVO have given me as a current
customer to renew next month.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/2016 21:25, ss wrote:
On 09/07/2016 21:09, Tim Watts wrote:
I found CompareTheMarket got me some excellent deals - simple deals with
no silly catches.

Yes thats why I changed 2 years back to OVO but now looking to see if
anything better. (used go compare)

Quote "The comparison is probably with the default BG rather than
your current tariff."

Yes maybe that accounts for it but the price they are quoting by
switching to Ovo gives a higher kWH price/daily charge when compared to
my current OVO price and the quote OVO have given me as a current
customer to renew next month.

Perhaps there's a letter in the post correcting their mistake?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ss writes:
I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for
cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly
usage, and entered dont know for current utility company.
It defaulted to BG for a comparison and OVO among the ones I would save
money.
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying and that I have been quoted for renewing my yearly
contractnext month.
Anyone understand how this works or am I missing something.

Standing charge?
VAT @ 5%?
dual fuel discount?
DD discount?
etc...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/07/16 21:09, Tim Watts wrote:
On 09/07/16 20:21, ss wrote:
I wont go in to all the detail but thought I would run a check for
cheaper prices, I am currently with OVO, I entered my gas & elec yearly
usage, and entered dont know for current utility company.
It defaulted to BG for a comparison and OVO among the ones I would save
money.
However the prices quoted for OVO are higher than the prices I am
currently paying and that I have been quoted for renewing my yearly
contractnext month.
Anyone understand how this works or am I missing something.

Who with?

I found CompareTheMarket got me some excellent deals - simple deals with
no silly catches.

The way this works is the comparison site gets a commission for
directing you to a company who you will pay more to, than if you had
gone direct.

And you get a ****ing meerkat in a smoking jacket...

Cute huh?

--
How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.

Adolf Hitler

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lee Lee is offline

The way this works is the comparison site gets a commission for
directing you to a company who you will pay more to, than if you had
gone direct.

Although that's the way it works, you usually need to mention to the
said company about having been quoted on a price comparison site to get
a good deal.
Insurance companies in particular are notorious for not volunteering
their best deals, even when they claim they do ;p.
But then they are out to make a profit, so why would they.