Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Farage Promised Money to the NHS LIVE on Question Time

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU

cash should be spent on the National Health Service

after Brexit.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June - just

weeks before the referendum - shows the Ukip leader

claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million

and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

"Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million

a week is wrong, it's higher than that," he told the

programme's audience.

Howver afterwards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 12:49, pamela wrote:
On 12:40 28 Jun 2016, Turnips Friend wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...t-eu-referendu
m-nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-
a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU

cash should be spent on the National Health Service

after Brexit.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June - just
weeks before the referendum - shows the Ukip leader
claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million
and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.
"Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million
a week is wrong, it's higher than that," he told the
programme's audience.

I seem to recall that Dimbleby politely ignored such loony nonsense
from Farage and moved on without making a fuss over the wild claim.

It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

Well yes, Farage has always said that the hidden cost of the EU above
and beyond the direct cost was phenomenal. Not to the psyche, but in
terms of restrictive practices.

The businesses we could not start, the exports we couldn't make, the
closure of firms strangled by EU regulations and high energy prices.

Its impossible to quantify, but its non zero.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 12:40, Turnips Friend wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU

cash should be spent on the National Health Service

after Brexit.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June - just

weeks before the referendum - shows the Ukip leader

claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million

and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

"Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million

a week is wrong, it's higher than that," he told the

programme's audience.

Howver afterwards

Classic. Hold him to account.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

--
*24 hours in a day ... 24 beers in a case ... coincidence? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 14:06:23 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 13:49 28 Jun 2016, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

Why do you call him "Turnip"? You may disagree with his views and you
may dislike him but calling him names seems a bit petty.

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a robust
performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received. I expect he
intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as possible.

At least he turned up this time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has
tended to be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than
many other leave campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to
make a point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche
of some intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated
some colossal cost from implementing EU inspired legislation.
Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C
word.

Why do you call him "Turnip"? You may disagree with his views and
you may dislike him but calling him names seems a bit petty.

Cos I used to call him plow****, because he is

Its very 'robust' in here.;-)

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received.

So you managed to filter out the extended applause, and only heard the boos?

Marine le Pen was very supportive indeed. Now that is one smart chick!
Sarah Palin with brains.

Did you see Scotland and Ireland grovelling and pleading for mercy?

expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as
possible.

Until we are gone.

There is method in his madness. He doesn't want a half way deal, and
making himself as unpleasant as possible is how he expects to get
England out completely.

The trade deal is in fact a red herring. We don't actually need one at all.

What Nigel knows, is that the referendum was largely about immigration
and that means freedom of movement is non negotiable.
He would be failing his constituency if we ended up with it.
Nigel also considers himself a European and the EU to be something of a
monster, and the class of people who infest it. Making them overreact
and driving other nations to exit is also a mission.

Probably wont have to try too hard

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...of-eu-members/

let them."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
[...]

His attendance record is better than Nick Cleggs ever was.

all women"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 28 June 2016 12:40:05 UTC+1, Turnips Friend wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU

cash should be spent on the National Health Service

after Brexit.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June - just

weeks before the referendum - shows the Ukip leader

claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million

and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

"Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million

a week is wrong, it's higher than that," he told the

programme's audience.

So you have understanding problems too.

Did you see and hear the word "should" now look that word up in a dictonary..

Howver afterwards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 12:49, pamela wrote:
[...]

though it is likely the Remainers will argue it is negative

I personally have no idea

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
[...]

Not going to happen (unfortunately)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/2016 14:06, pamela wrote:

Why do you call him "Turnip"? You may disagree with his views and
you may dislike him but calling him names seems a bit petty.

Why does turnip call me denise?

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received. I
expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as
possible.

You mean he has an agenda besides getting the UK out of the EU.
Well that makes it OK then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

I thought he was brilliant. They needed telling and he certainly told'em.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C
word.

Why do you call him "Turnip"? You may disagree with his views and
you may dislike him but calling him names seems a bit petty.

Well, he hides behind some made up name so why not? It's also just filling
in between his initials TNP. So thanks to whoever first used it.
But at least it's rather more polite (and accurate) than the name he calls
me.

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received. I
expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as
possible.

Very sensible way to behave. When we are about to start sensitive
negotiations. All it does is confirm it wasn't just about exiting the EU.
He wants to do as much damage as possible. But then he was probably ****ed.

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tim... wrote:
Well yes, Farage has always said that the hidden cost of the EU above
and beyond the direct cost was phenomenal. Not to the psyche, but in
terms of restrictive practices.

The businesses we could not start, the exports we couldn't make, the
closure of firms strangled by EU regulations and high energy prices.

Its impossible to quantify, but its non zero.

though it is likely the Remainers will argue it is negative

I personally have no idea

If it were true, the UK would be doing rather badly compared to other
similar countries not in the EU.

But of course Farage would like free trade with the EU - and the ability
to trade 'unfettered' with the rest of the world. No wonder he gave up
working for a living and went into politics.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Turnips Friend posted
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ferendum-nigel
-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU
cash should be spent on the National Health Service
after Brexit.

Footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June - just
weeks before the referendum - shows the Ukip leader
claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million
and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

Actually, as the comments point out, the article does not quote Farage
as saying that. He said "Id like that £10 billion to be spent
helping the communities in Britain that [the] Government damaged so
badly by opening up the doors to former communist countries. What people
need is schools, hospitals, and GPs. " Note the "schools".

And of course he can't promise what it will be spent on now. He's not
prime minister.

--
Les

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
Well yes, Farage has always said that the hidden cost of the EU above
and beyond the direct cost was phenomenal. Not to the psyche, but in
terms of restrictive practices.

The businesses we could not start, the exports we couldn't make, the
closure of firms strangled by EU regulations and high energy prices.

Its impossible to quantify, but its non zero.

though it is likely the Remainers will argue it is negative

I personally have no idea

If it were true, the UK would be doing rather badly compared to other
similar countries not in the EU.

There aren't any similar countries not in the EU

All of the other similar sized countries (not in the EU) are third world
countries playing catch up

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jun 2016 12:40:00 +0100, Turnips Friend wrote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...eu-referendum-

nigel-farage-nhs-350-million-pounds-live-health-service-u-turn-
a7102831.html

Video evidence has emerged of Nigel Farage saying EU

cash should be spent on the National Health Service

after Brexit.

He was only expressing a personal view. Others may subsequently decide
the money saved might be better spent on defence or infrastructure or
whatever. It's no big deal, pal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

Yes. It was extremely embarrassing to be British and listening to his
drivel. Indeed I shall use the C word to say that he behaved like a right
****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"pamela" wrote in message
[...]

IMO he was just saying that it makes a lot more sense to spend that
money in Britain than to send it to the EU and IMO he is right about that.

The problem for the turnip is that he claims that UKIP is a libertarian
party and no libertarian would be spending that money in Britain if
it wasn’t going to the EU, they would be reducing taxes instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
pamela wrote

It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage
has tended to be more grounded in accurate facts
and figures than many other leave campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make
a point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?

Yeah, hilarious.

No wonder Turnip idolises him.

He doesn’t idolise him, he just realises he is one of the most
effective politicians around. He's right about that too.

Only Boris gets even close.

All that was missing was the C word.

Because he knows he would have got kicked out if he had used that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
pamela wrote

It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage
has tended to be more grounded in accurate facts
and figures than many other leave campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to
make a point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche
of some intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated
some colossal cost from implementing EU inspired legislation.
Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

Why do you call him "Turnip"?

It’s a play on the turnip's nick, TNP.

The turnip calls him everything from Plowthing to Plow****.

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received.
I expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as possible.

He hasn’t got any choice on that given that he will be completely
irrelevant with Britain outside the EU and he's out of a job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
[...]

He's also achieved infinitely more than Clegg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
pamela wrote

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received. I
expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as possible.

You mean he has an agenda besides getting the UK out of the EU.

He doesn’t want Britain to be stupid enough to agree
to the free movement of EU citizens into Britain or to
continue to pay the EU what it currently pays, or to
allow the EU to enforce policy on Britain, in order
to get a free trade agreement, because that would
mean that leaving the EU would have been pointless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
pamela wrote

Yes, I did see Farage at the EU parliament today. It was quite a
robust performance and, predictably enough, wasn't well received.
I expect he intends to be a thorn in their flesh for as long as possible.

Very sensible way to behave. When we are about to start sensitive
negotiations.

Very sensible way to behave when you don’t want Boris to
be stupid enough to agree the free movement of EU citizens
into Britain, or to keep paying what Britain pays to the EU,
or to agree to continuing to allow the EU to tell Britain what
policy it must have in Britain, to get a free trade agreement.

All it does is confirm it wasn't just about exiting the
EU. He wants to do as much damage as possible.

More of your flagrant dishonesty.

But then he was probably ****ed.

Even if he was, he does obscene gestures a
hell of a lot better than anyone else currently.

Even Boris isn't a patch on Farage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

True, but yours is no more.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:
Well yes, Farage has always said that the hidden cost of the EU above
and beyond the direct cost was phenomenal. Not to the psyche, but in
terms of restrictive practices.

The businesses we could not start, the exports we couldn't make, the
closure of firms strangled by EU regulations and high energy prices.

Its impossible to quantify, but its non zero.

though it is likely the Remainers will argue it is negative

I personally have no idea

If it were true, the UK would be doing rather badly compared to other
similar countries not in the EU.

There aren't any similar countries not in the EU

All of the other similar sized countries (not in the EU) are third world
countries playing catch up

There are plenty not in the EU that are doing fine,
with a wide variety of sizes, some bigger some
smaller, which arent third world countrys.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Big Les Wade wrote:
And of course he can't promise what it will be spent on now. He's not
prime minister.

He couldn't actually promise anything. Since he isn't - and never will be
- in a position to implement anything.
But that didn't stop a vast number believing he could, and did nothing to
point that out to them at the time.

--
*Prepositions are not words to end sentences with *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
pamela wrote:
His wider view that the EU simply can not not impose tarrifs on
various other goods without cutting off its nose to spite its face
may also be misplaced. Farage's real understanding of markets is
as a successful City metals trader but not as an international
trade agreement negotiator many of whom disagree with him on this
crucial point.

Well, he was perfectly happy to see the UK cut off its nose to spite its
face - so he's now worried about the EU doing the same?

It really is pie in the sky to behave extremely badly towards the EU -
then expect it to treat us well afterwards.

--
*If work is so terrific, how come they have to pay you to do it?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
It's sad really because, like him or loath him, Farage has tended to
be more grounded in accurate facts and figures than many other leave
campaigners.

I wonder what possessed him that day. Perhaps he intended to make a
point about the immense cost to the UK national psyche of some
intangible like sovereignty. Or maybe he had estimated some colossal
cost from implementing EU inspired legislation. Bless him.

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

Yes. It was extremely embarrassing to be British and listening to his
drivel. Indeed I shall use the C word to say that he behaved like a
right ****.

It rather confirms my suspicions. He has no interest in the UK at all. His
main aim is to bring down the EU. And I've no idea why.

At least it's easier to see how Boris's mind works.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Find an Aussie ng FFS.

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
**** snipped

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
His wider view that the EU simply can not not impose tarrifs on
various other goods without cutting off its nose to spite its face
may also be misplaced. Farage's real understanding of markets is
as a successful City metals trader but not as an international
trade agreement negotiator many of whom disagree with him on this
crucial point.

Well, he was perfectly happy to see the UK cut off its nose to spite its
face - so he's now worried about the EU doing the same?

It really is pie in the sky to behave extremely badly towards the EU -
then expect it to treat us well afterwards.

He was great and has the balls to say it how it is.
Corbyn doing ok for you, Dave?
Marvellous.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Big Les Wade wrote:
And of course he can't promise what it will be spent on now. He's not
prime minister.

He couldn't actually promise anything. Since he isn't - and never will be
- in a position to implement anything.
But that didn't stop a vast number believing he could, and did nothing to
point that out to them at the time.

Keep voting Corbyn, you'll go far.
You should be on stage, Dave. First one outta town.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
[...]

The large ego's in the EU NEED bringing down FFS. Who the hell do they think
they are, dictating rules.
And yes, Boris should in no way be next PM. I think i'd prefer Nige to
Boris.
Probably not Jeremy.
Give it up Dave, Labour is dead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
pamela wrote

His wider view that the EU simply can not not impose tarrifs on
various other goods without cutting off its nose to spite its face
may also be misplaced. Farage's real understanding of markets
is as a successful City metals trader but not as an international
trade agreement negotiator many of whom disagree with him
on this crucial point.

Well, he was perfectly happy to see the UK cut off its nose to spite its
face

More of your lies.

- so he's now worried about the EU doing the same?

More of your lies. He said very unambiguously indeed
that he thinks it makes sense for the EU to continue
to have a free trade agreement with Britain, without
any requirement for the free movement of EU citizens
to Britain, Britain continuing to pay what it pays to
Britain, and without the EU telling Britain what it
must do policy wise, just like it does with both Israel
and Korea right now. He's right.

It really is pie in the sky to behave extremely badly towards the EU -

Leaving the EU is doing nothing of the sort.

then expect it to treat us well afterwards.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela wrote:
[...]

I dunno, Clegg destroyed the Limp Dims. Nigel hasn't destroyed Labour,
the tory party and the EU yet....though it is looking good.

Josef Stalin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/06/16 23:50, Bob Eager wrote:
He's also achieved infinitely more than Clegg

In a bad way.

FSVO 'bad'

Time will tell if Britain fares better outside of the sinking EU ship or
not.

First rat and all that.

windows of my apartment. (I live on the twenty-first floor.) "

Alan Sokal
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Richard wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
pamela wrote

And have you heard his performance in the EU parliament today?
No wonder Turnip idolises him. All that was missing was the C word.

Yes. It was extremely embarrassing to be British and listening to his
drivel. Indeed I shall use the C word to say that he behaved like a
right ****.

It rather confirms my suspicions. He has no interest in the UK at all.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

His main aim is to bring down the EU.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

He was just crowing that what he said has come to pass.

And I've no idea why.

Having fun thrashing yet another straw man ?

At least it's easier to see how Boris's mind works.

You can't work that out either, you're too stupid for that.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

web.com...

pamela wrote:
[...]

Indeed they do need bringing down. However, the proper British way is done
with finesse. Nige lacks this quality.