Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default easySMX DZ09 smart watch

Don't waste yer money. Barely usable.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
Don't waste yer money. Barely usable.

Tim

Mine is very convenient as a watch and phone/email notifier.
The only bit that doesn't work so far is sending pictures from the watch
to the phone. That seems to be a problem with Android 5. I wouldn't want
it as a phone, too awkward to use.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
Don't waste yer money. Barely usable.

Tim

Mine is very convenient as a watch and phone/email notifier.
The only bit that doesn't work so far is sending pictures from the watch
to the phone. That seems to be a problem with Android 5. I wouldn't want
it as a phone, too awkward to use.

Display almost impossible to see in daylight. As a notifier it's a bit of a
dead loss without a vibrate function. Mine is dead this morning. Won't
charge.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/06/16 21:27, Tim+ wrote:
Don't waste yer money. Barely usable.

Interesting hardware, probably crap software put together by some
sweatshop factory managers son just to avoid a beating ...

It would be nice if these things were purposely hackable open source.

There is a flourishing market in Raspberry Pi look alikes that are meant
for such fiddling. Why not expand (where safety is not involved) the
fiddling aspect for other 'half manufactured' goods.

An answer that would kill that though is NDA ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

Don't waste yer money. Barely usable.

Tim

Mine is very convenient as a watch and phone/email notifier.
The only bit that doesn't work so far is sending pictures from the watch
to the phone. That seems to be a problem with Android 5. I wouldn't want
it as a phone, too awkward to use.

Display almost impossible to see in daylight. As a notifier it's a bit of a
dead loss without a vibrate function. Mine is dead this morning. Won't
charge.

Tim

Battery? The reviews were a bit patchy, so either your's works
and you're lucky or you're unlucky! Isn't there a reset function? Mine
is readable in daylight with a bit of shading. However, I did say that I
bought it as a toy and it suits my purposes! I like to be able to read
the time if I wake up at 2.30am as the clock is her side and not visible.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:

I like to be able to read
the time if I wake up at 2.30am as the clock is her side and not visible.

If that isn't the definition of a solution looking for a problem, I
don't know what is.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
wrote:

Tim+ wrote:

[...]

Nope. It's the USB socket that's flaky. If I try a different plug I can
just about get it to charge if I hold it absolutely still in one position,
otherwise zilch.

I'm not complaining about your heads-up though. At the price it was always
going to be a gamble with the odds stacked against it. I've been offered a
refund.

Tim

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

Nope. It's the USB socket that's flaky. If I try a different plug I can
just about get it to charge if I hold it absolutely still in one position,
otherwise zilch.

I'm not complaining about your heads-up though. At the price it was always
going to be a gamble with the odds stacked against it. I've been offered a
refund.

Tim

Yes, I've not found the usb problem on the watch, but I have
the same problem with a USB triple output PSU. One socket is touchy. I
am very wary of micro usb connectors, I know they are the solution to
all someones prayers, but I find them sensitive to the plug connecting
them. My new Asus phone doesn't like some connectors and it is a
function of the plug and not the socket IMO. My other phone, also micro
usb has the same symptoms. Her phone uses mini usb, it is socket
sensitive. My unused old phone is also mini usb and that connects to any
plug without problems as do the sat navs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott M wrote:
Capitol wrote:

I like to be able to read
the time if I wake up at 2.30am as the clock is her side and not
visible.

If that isn't the definition of a solution looking for a problem, I
don't know what is.

Tell me if you have a better ploy to get a new toy!
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Scott M wrote:
Capitol wrote:

I like to be able to read
the time if I wake up at 2.30am as the clock is her side and not
visible.

If that isn't the definition of a solution looking for a problem, I don't
know what is.

Tell me if you have a better ploy to get a new toy!

I would climb on top of her and say that "I wanted to know the time"

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ARW wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Scott M wrote:
Capitol wrote:

I like to be able to read
the time if I wake up at 2.30am as the clock is her side and not
visible.

If that isn't the definition of a solution looking for a problem, I
don't know what is.

Tell me if you have a better ploy to get a new toy!

I would climb on top of her and say that "I wanted to know the time"

I agree with the sentiment, but unfortunately the reality is
different.

DZ09 Watch Capitol UK diy 15 June 11th 16 10:03 AM
What is smart about a smart DVD player? micky Electronics Repair 9 December 16th 13 06:07 PM
plz watch nitin rana Metalworking 0 February 14th 12 07:47 PM
Smart Tool Level or Smart Level Cynthia McGraw Metalworking 6 September 1st 09 06:06 AM
Watch out watch out theres a bodger about! tarquinlinbin UK diy 3 November 12th 05 07:25 PM