Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default New apprentice starts on Tuesday

Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 28 May 2016 14:15:48 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

Nah, give him a bicycle and send him to the wholesalers for some conduit.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

Send him to the stores for a long weight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo . com,
bm escribió:

Send him to the stores for a long weight.

And fork handles.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, May 28, 2016 at 8:38:55 PM UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 28/05/16 17:56, wrote:
On Saturday, 28 May 2016 14:15:48 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

Nah, give him a bicycle and send him to the wholesalers for some conduit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson Wrote in message:
En el artículo . com,
bm escribió:

Send him to the stores for a long weight.

And fork handles.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg

From what I remember, there were so many **** takes when I was an
apprentice, we declined any suspicious sounding request. The odd
one proved genuine, like rubber mallet.

Phil
--

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

From what I remember, there were so many **** takes when I was an
apprentice, we declined any suspicious sounding request. The odd
one proved genuine, like rubber mallet.

Phil

don't forget to send him for half a dozen eddy current cakes!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

bm wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

Send him to the stores for a long weight.

And spots for the spot welder.
When I first started, my mother said, if they ask for striped paint, get
two colours and tell them to mix it themselves.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

From what I remember, there were so many **** takes when I was an
apprentice, we declined any suspicious sounding request. The odd
one proved genuine, like rubber mallet.

Phil

don't forget to send him for half a dozen eddy current cakes!

We used to send one apprentice to a workshop down the road each day
with two housebricks done up in paper,they would rewrap it and send it
back, went on for ages till he dropped the parcel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/05/2016 08:58, F Murtz wrote:
We used to send one apprentice to a workshop down the road each day with
two housebricks done up in paper,they would rewrap it and send it back,
went on for ages till he dropped the parcel.

Well, if that's really the best use you can make of him, why bother to
take him on?

I heard tell of one apprentice who used to go along and volunteer to
help the storekeeper. After a couple of days storekeeper enquired why,
as this seemed to be too good to be true... turned out that apprentice
had rumbled the tricks, but wanted to learn.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Vir Campestris" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 29/05/2016 08:58, F Murtz wrote:
We used to send one apprentice to a workshop down the road each day with
two housebricks done up in paper,they would rewrap it and send it back,
went on for ages till he dropped the parcel.

Well, if that's really the best use you can make of him, why bother to
take him on?

I like the one that asked me "why do you not sent me to the van for things
like skyhooks" My reply was "I sent you to the van for a Makita drill and
you could not find it so why send you for something that is not there"

--
Adam

Two for Tuesday Spalted Walt Woodworking 12 April 16th 16 02:15 PM
Tuesday Tim Watts[_3_] UK diy 15 October 21st 14 03:23 PM
Gunner, this is where you should go on Tuesday Ignoramus6145 Metalworking 2 May 19th 14 02:29 PM
Somewhere it's Black Tuesday [email protected] Home Repair 1 November 27th 12 01:28 PM
tuesday diggerop Woodworking 6 November 17th 09 03:56 PM