Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT shopping

I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month.
Apart from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one
of the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the
rest came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is
unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our most
significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...

I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month. Apart
from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one of the
purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the rest came
from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is unimportant,
and when we leave, China will become by far our most significant trading
partner for manufactured goods. It will be interesting to see how Chinese
cars will impact the UK marketplace. Looks like Fiat, VW group and the
French are going to have a hard time competing. It'll be like the Japanese
impact in the 1970s!

So what do you drive?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/28/2016 11:36 AM, Capitol wrote:
I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month. Apart
from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one of
the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the rest
came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is
unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our most
significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

We *buy* from China, but we only sell them Mansions in London. We *sell*
to Europe.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 5/28/2016 11:36 AM, Capitol wrote:
I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month.
Apart from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not
one of the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but
the rest came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU
is unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our most
significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

We *buy* from China, but we only sell them Mansions in London. We *sell*
to Europe.

Well, quite. Absolutely no country will have problems selling to us in or
out of the EU, unless we make things difficult for them to do so
ourselves. It's the ability to *sell* to them which matters. And you'd
have thought even Capitol would have noticed how little he buys is made in
the UK.

So called 'invisibles' are the lifeblood of the UK. By some measures, up
to 80% of GDP. And much easier to re-locate or change supplier than a
factory making widgets.

--
*Xerox and Wurlitzer will merge to market reproductive organs.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
9pl 9pl is offline

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month. Apart
from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one of the
purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the rest came
from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is unimportant,
and when we leave, China will become by far our most significant trading
partner for manufactured goods.

While that is true for cheaper stuff consumers buy, it isnt true
of cars, or stuff like Airbus components or aircraft engines.

It will be interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK
marketplace.

Bet it will be minimal for a long time to come.

Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing.

I doubt it. I bet VW does fine once the ****
has stopped hitting the fan with diesels.

It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

Bet its nothing like any time soon.

And it is all academic anyway, Britain won't be leaving the EU, you watch.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
newshound wrote
Capitol wrote

[...]

Not really. The British economy hasn’t been dominated
by exports for a hell of a long time now. Important, yes,
but dominated, nope.

And you'd have thought even Capitol would have
noticed how little he buys is made in the UK.

So called 'invisibles' are the lifeblood of the UK.
By some measures, up to 80% of GDP.

Yes, but the absolute vast bulk of that is internal
to Britain, it isnt what Britain exports or imports.

And much easier to re-locate or change
supplier than a factory making widgets.

Not so true of what the BBC and ITV produces, tho
those are certainly only a small part of British exports.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...

I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month.
Apart from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not
one of the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but
the rest came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the
EU is unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our
most significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard
time competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

So what do you drive?

Not relevant. Question should have been what will you drive? The
answer is, I whatever I care to buy. Currently we own 4 cars. One
newish, one very old. They are bought mainly for function and replaced
when necessary. Many people will buy on price alone, that's what keeps
ebay going. Dave will want to buy a BMW I would guess, it's up to him,
if he wants to pay for it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

More ******** from Wodney.

--
*I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can't put it down.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So called 'invisibles' are the lifeblood of the UK.
By some measures, up to 80% of GDP.

Yes, but the absolute vast bulk of that is internal
to Britain, it isnt what Britain exports or imports.

More ******** from Wodney.

Nope, no modern first world country has
all that much of its GDP involved in export.
And Britain has a net trade deficit with the
rest of the world too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_net_exports
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Richard wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...

I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month. Apart
from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one of
the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the rest
came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is
unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our most
significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

So what do you drive?

Not relevant. Question should have been what will you drive?

So what do you eat?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Capitol
writes
Richard wrote:
"Capitol" wrote in message
news:Sd6dnS3ZwuJZ6dTKnZ2dnUU78IPNnZ2d@brightview .co.uk...

[...]

According to Dave we won't be able to buy BMWs after BREXIT as they
will refuse to trade with us because we have been naughty.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
newshound writes
On 5/28/2016 11:36 AM, Capitol wrote:
I have just reviewed my on line purchases over the past month. Apart
from the fact that I seem to have become an Amazon addict, not one of
the purchases came from the EU, a couple came from the UK, but the rest
came from China.. This indicates to me that trade with the EU is
unimportant, and when we leave, China will become by far our most
significant trading partner for manufactured goods. It will be
interesting to see how Chinese cars will impact the UK marketplace.
Looks like Fiat, VW group and the French are going to have a hard time
competing. It'll be like the Japanese impact in the 1970s!

We *buy* from China, but we only sell them Mansions in London. We
*sell* to Europe.

You are joking. Range Rovers for starters. Burberry clothing. Middle
class luxury items. The EU market is stagnant. All the growth is in the
emerging markets.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/29/2016 9:17 PM, Rod Speed wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So called 'invisibles' are the lifeblood of the UK.
By some measures, up to 80% of GDP.

Yes, but the absolute vast bulk of that is internal
to Britain, it isnt what Britain exports or imports.

More ******** from Wodney.

Nope, no modern first world country has all that much of its GDP
involved in export. And Britain has a net trade deficit with the
rest of the world too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_net_exports

"This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent
events or newly available information.
Last update: 2011 (July 2015)"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
Rod Speed wrote

So called 'invisibles' are the lifeblood of the UK.
By some measures, up to 80% of GDP.

Yes, but the absolute vast bulk of that is internal
to Britain, it isnt what Britain exports or imports.

More ******** from Wodney.

Nope, no modern first world country has all that much of its GDP involved
in export. And Britain has a net trade deficit with the rest of the world
too.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_net_exports

"This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent
events or newly available information.
Last update: 2011 (July 2015)"

Sure, but the percentage hasn’t changed much in that time.

OT Shopping Seymore4Head Home Repair 0 October 7th 14 03:48 AM
Thanks for Shopping, Come Again! Precious Online Store (http://marieprecious1.webs.com/apps/webstore/) Home Ownership 1 July 31st 09 07:36 PM
Go GO GO !!go to shopping [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 January 14th 08 06:33 AM
Go GO GO !!go to shopping cheapestsell[_2_] Home Repair 0 August 14th 07 03:17 AM
FOR ALL YOUR SHOPPING NEEDS . . . . .$ Kats Home Ownership 0 April 10th 06 07:13 PM