Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default The London buses

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bill Wright wrote:

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses?

It's not as if it's being funded by the new Mayor's Office, seems it
will be in other cities too, including here.

Why not, if they pay the same rate as other charities or advertisers?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 13 May 2016 04:51:30 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Legitimately you can sign the petition at change.org or contribute to a rival advertising campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 12 May 2016 23:11:25 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, 13 May 2016 04:51:30 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Legitimately you can sign the petition at change.org or contribute to a rival advertising campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Owain

Is there anywhere you can go to give it a thumbs up (but if the
campaign worked, what would all those people then do with their free
time)? 'Good things' comes to mind and anyone can do that without
being the member of any club. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 13 May 2016 07:20:02 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/16 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

What slogan?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...display~chrome
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Bill Wright Wrote in message:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

Divine intervention?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1483967 20160513 045237 Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Outrageous?
So you don't believe in free speech or balance?
(but do believe in fairies, it seems)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 May 2016 07:25:01 +0100, Andy Burns

Bill Wright wrote:

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses?

Legitimately you can sign the petition at change.org or contribute to a rival advertising campaign

I'll just keep my sticker in the car rear window ...

http://evolvefish.com/sticker-p/efd-00017.htm

;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 May 2016 04:52:37 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

He is big enough to look after himself - stop all the bothering...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

What slogan exactly?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of lots
of things that could be done.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

What slogan exactly?

"Gather the rewards of ramadan, subhan Allah, Donate now, Islamic relief"

The bus ads will run on 180 buses in London for two weeks. It will then
return for a further two weeks at the end of Ramadan on 180 buses in
London and 460 more in Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester and Bradford.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
On Friday, 13 May 2016 07:20:02 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/16 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

What slogan?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...display~chrome

Why should we have to search to be allowed to understand what the **** the
OP is on about!!!!!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2016 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

Interesting read of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Quote, "In Southampton, a bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying
the advert. His employers, First Bus, undertook to find him another bus
to drive"

I wonder if TFL will have the same sympathy for drivers of these buses?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

How terribly outrageous.
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs..._large/public/
thumbnails/image/2016/05/08/17/islamic_relief_bus2.jpg

Yes, Bill. You're right. There are lots of things that can be done. I
suggest firebombing the infected buses. That'll really achieve your aims.

Or, perhaps, you could do the exact same as you do to every other bus
advert - and just ignore it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 13 May 2016 10:06:52 +0100, Fredxxx wrote:

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Interesting read of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Quote, "In Southampton, a bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying
the advert. His employers, First Bus, undertook to find him another bus
to drive"

I wonder if TFL will have the same sympathy for drivers of these buses?

What if a bus driver with animal-rights sympathies decided they didn't
want to drive this...?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/E4F91H/a-bu...ited-has-been-
covered-with-an-advertisement-E4F91H.jpg

Or a feminist bus driver decided they didn't want to drive this...?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BM0FTA/arri...ith-hm-bikini-
advertisement-oxford-street-london-BM0FTA.jpg

Or an anti-capitalist bus driver decided they didn't want to drive
this...?

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BKM7B2/a-do...dvertising-mg-
recovery-fund-london-uk-BKM7B2.jpg

Perhaps EVERY bus driver should just get over what happens to be
advertised on it...

There is a simple set of rules that applies to all adverts, no matter
what for. Whether we, individually, like the product or not. If you think
an ad breaches those rules, complain to the ASA. They are politically
independent, and will rule only on whether the ad breaches those rules.

If it doesn't, then get over yourself. Yes, it is that simple.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 13 May 2016 10:09:12 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
How terribly outrageous.
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs..._large/public/
thumbnails/image/2016/05/08/17/islamic_relief_bus2.jpg

Yes, Bill. You're right. There are lots of things that can be done. I
suggest firebombing the infected buses. That'll really achieve your aims.

Or, perhaps, you could do the exact same as you do to every other bus
advert - and just ignore it.

Are or can bus adverts ignored.
The one I don't like is curently one of someone showing a bare chest and tattoos.

But I was wondering whether the islamic relief has charity status.

But then I'd find a picture of mohhamad wanking and underneath islamic relief funny, I'd also find a picture of a catholic priest bending over an alter boy
with catholic relief written under it funny too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bill Wright, Agnostic21 wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Yes, there is plenty that can be done about this slogan (once I took the
trouble to find it....)! 1) adopt the "christian" attitude of tolerance 2)
accept that their opinion is at least as valid as the nonsense I assume you
believe in. 3) Suck it up, get a life and don't be so precious!

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy/...s-1129174-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2016 10:06, Fredxxx wrote:
On 13/05/2016 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

Interesting read of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Quote, "In Southampton, a bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying
the advert. His employers, First Bus, undertook to find him another bus
to drive"

I wonder if TFL will have the same sympathy for drivers of these buses?

They first used the slogan:

"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

Should the word 'probably' be there in a slogan for the Atheist Bus
Campaign?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:
On 13/05/2016 10:06, Fredxxx wrote:
On 13/05/2016 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

Interesting read of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Quote, "In Southampton, a bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying
the advert. His employers, First Bus, undertook to find him another bus
to drive"

I wonder if TFL will have the same sympathy for drivers of these buses?

They first used the slogan:

"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

Should the word 'probably' be there in a slogan for the Atheist Bus
Campaign?

Agnostic rather than atheist maybe.

Tim

--
Trolls and troll feeders go in my killfile
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Friday, 13 May 2016 10:09:12 UTC+1, Adrian wrote:
How terribly outrageous.
http://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs..._large/public/
thumbnails/image/2016/05/08/17/islamic_relief_bus2.jpg

Yes, Bill. You're right. There are lots of things that can be done. I
suggest firebombing the infected buses. That'll really achieve your aims.

Or, perhaps, you could do the exact same as you do to every other bus
advert - and just ignore it.

Are or can bus adverts ignored.

Clearly completely blotto, as always.

The one I don't like is curently one of someone
showing a bare chest and tattoos.

Your hangups are your problem.

But I was wondering whether the islamic relief has charity status.

But then I'd find a picture of mohhamad wanking and underneath
islamic relief funny, I'd also find a picture of a catholic priest bending
over an alter boy with catholic relief written under it funny too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And on the London news today:-

Khan has stated there will be no more orders for the Boris bus after the
current one is fulfilled.

Wonder how long this monument to Boris's vanity will still be on the
roads? (Usually at the side, broken down)

When will such people realise that they should take advice from experts
before going down a new route?

--
*That's it! I‘m calling grandma!

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/05/2016 17:44, Agnostic21 wrote:
replying to Bill Wright, Agnostic21 wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Yes, there is plenty that can be done about this slogan (once I took the
trouble to find it....)! 1) adopt the "christian" attitude of
tolerance

'Christian' has a capital 'C'. The attitude of tolerance is a
characteristic of modern western thought, because of our Christian heritage.

2)
accept that their opinion is at least as valid as the nonsense I assume you
believe in.

No, we need to stop this absurd pretence that barbaric medieval dogma is
valid.

Don't make assumptions about what I believe in. Just to enlighten you I
don't believe in any deity. My basic philosophy is, "We're all up ****
creek, but until we go over the rapids let's all try to help each other
as much as possible."

3) Suck it up, get a life and don't be so precious!

Three platitudes don't make an argument.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 13 May 2016 09:40:20 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"harry" wrote in message
On Friday, 13 May 2016 07:20:02 UTC+1, Tim Watts wrote:
On 13/05/16 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

What slogan?

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?...display~chrome

Why should we have to search to be allowed to understand what the **** the
OP is on about!!!!!

tim

Virtually everybody but you knew about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/2016 07:46, harry wrote:
Virtually everybody but you knew about it.

I didn't know about it.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2016-05-13, alan_m wrote:
On 13/05/2016 10:06, Fredxxx wrote:
On 13/05/2016 04:52, Bill Wright wrote:
Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about this
outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses? I can think of
lots of things that could be done.

Bill

Interesting read of:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheist_Bus_Campaign

Quote, "In Southampton, a bus driver refused to drive a bus displaying
the advert. His employers, First Bus, undertook to find him another bus
to drive"

I wonder if TFL will have the same sympathy for drivers of these buses?

They first used the slogan:

"There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life."

Should the word 'probably' be there in a slogan for the Atheist Bus
Campaign?

The ASA made them put it in.

I doubt it. Religion an politics are exempt from ASA

kind word alone.

Al Capone

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 14 May 2016 02:38:24 UTC+1, Bill Wright wrote:
'Christian' has a capital 'C'. The attitude of tolerance is a
characteristic of modern western thought, because of our Christian heritage.

Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.

Tolerance is due to those who rebelled against orthodoxy, from Knox to Darwin.

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.

No, it isn't.

Which is why millions are fleeing to Europe, and leaving their own (non
Christian) countries.

Which are being bombed by Christians...

--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/16 13:23, Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
The Natural wrote:
Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.
No, it isn't.
Which is why millions are fleeing to Europe, and leaving their own (non
Christian) countries.

Which are being bombed by Christians...

And everybody else.

we didn't start it.

And We are not actually 'Christians' are we any more.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/16 14:05, Phil L wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

Is there anyone in the London area prepared to do anything about
this outrageous slogan that will soon appear on the buses?

Legitimately you can sign the petition at change.org or contribute
to a rival advertising campaign

I'll just keep my sticker in the car rear window ...

http://evolvefish.com/sticker-p/efd-00017.htm

This pic's better:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=jza87d&s=9#.VzciYEiANv4

well yes. If I see a fish symbol on the back of a car I give it a very
wide berth, as basically its says 'I put my trust in Jesus, not my rear
view mirrors, or my brakes'

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

well yes. If I see a fish symbol on the back of a car I give it a very
wide berth, as basically its says 'I put my trust in Jesus, not my rear
view mirrors, or my brakes'

Look closer. if it has legs, you're OK.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/05/16 14:28, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artÃ*culo , The Natural Philosopher
escribió:

well yes. If I see a fish symbol on the back of a car I give it a very
wide berth, as basically its says 'I put my trust in Jesus, not my rear
view mirrors, or my brakes'

Look closer. if it has legs, you're OK.

Not really, that mess that the car still contains someone trying to push
some (anti-) religious agenda.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

Not really, that mess that the car still contains someone trying to push
some (anti-) religious agenda.

On the contrary, a fish with legs/feet means the occupant of the car has
a clue and you may safely approach. If, however, the occupant is
wearing a flat cap (whippet optional) and it's a Sunday, all bets are
off.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Windows 10: less of an OS, more of a drive-by mugging.
(")_(") -- "Esme" on el Reg
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

The Natural Philosopher escribió:

If I see a fish symbol on the back of a car I give it a very wide
berth

Look closer. if it has legs, you're OK.

Especially if it carries a spanner in one of its 'feet'.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Capitol wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
The Natural wrote:

Our Christian heritage is just as intolerant as any other.

No, it isn't.

Which is why millions are fleeing to Europe, and leaving their own (non
Christian) countries.

Which are being bombed by Christians...

And everybody else.

True. So can you really blame them for wanting out?

--
*People want trepanners like they want a hole in the head*