Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone else hear the bang at 21:50 today?

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2016 22:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

No - didn't hear it.

Reports of a sonic boom been heard over Doncaster and Leeds are
filtering through over social media following a QRA (Quick Reaction
Alert) Typhoon scramble.

RAF Conningsbury has confirmed that QRA Typhoons were scrambled this
evening, possibly down to an aircrafts Mode-S Transponder been turned
off which could indicate a hijack.

It is normal for Quick Reaction Alert Typhoons to be given
Authority to break the sound barrier over land when scrambled & to be
heard!!!

€” RAF Coningsby Info (@EGXCinfo) 2 May 2016

Many local residents reported that their house had literally been shook
by the noise of the Typhoon breaking the speed of sound.

Early reports indicate that Air France flight AF1558 from Paris to
Newcastle could have been the reason for the typhoons being deployed.

UPDATE CityJet #AF1558 declared an emergency, now on final approach
to Newcastle. Live: https://t.co/Ujl9thvCIj pic.twitter.com/lbE1Eve5mi

€” AIRLIVE (@airlivenet) 18 February 2016

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 May 2016 22:51:49 +0100, polygonum wrote:

[...]

Seems to have landed OK.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2016 23:23, Bob Eager wrote:
Seems to have landed OK.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...-are-scrambled

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 May 2016 22:51:49 +0100, polygonum
wrote:

Reports of a sonic boom been heard over Doncaster and Leeds are
filtering through over social media following a QRA (Quick Reaction
Alert) Typhoon scramble.

Or ARW either driving home or bawling out an apprentice.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:

Reports of a sonic boom been heard over Doncaster and Leeds are
filtering through over social media following a QRA (Quick Reaction
Alert) Typhoon scramble.

Or ARW either driving home or bawling out an apprentice.

Total silence in Barnsley. Not even my CCTV picked it up.

Now Donny got it as did Normanton.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In North Leeds it sounded like those big fireworks that are sent up via a mortar - but a lot louder. I thought it must have been a gas explosion about half a mile away.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

No, it was Leicester fans shouting when Chelsea equalised, then the ref
blew the final whistle.
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Where was this?
Maybe it was a local wind turbine spinning so fast the tip of the blade
broke the sound barrier?
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/05/16 08:38, Brian Gaff wrote:
Where was this?
Maybe it was a local wind turbine spinning so fast the tip of the blade
broke the sound barrier?
Brian

Now you are taking the ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/05/2016 22:45, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Heard it here.

Just disappointed it was in the dark and, seeing as this year's display
has just been cleared as fit for human consumption, they didn't put one
on on their way back.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 May 2016 22:45:15 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Normally is and not overly rare. No.1 Daughter heard it in Consett.
We didn't hear anything.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 May 2016 22:49:41 +0100
Tim Streater wrote:

In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Where was this?

Certainly didn't hear it in Suffolk. Typhoons and Tornadoes (and
Raptors) live very close to here.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Where was this?

Certainly didn't hear it in Suffolk. Typhoons and Tornadoes (and
Raptors) live very close to here.

East Leeds and Garforth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled
Typhoons.

Where was this?

Certainly didn't hear it in Suffolk. Typhoons and Tornadoes (and
Raptors) live very close to here.

East Leeds and Garforth.

Thanks. The OP gave no hint.
It was on the News today, with explanation.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Where was this?

To the east of Leeds - on the border of West and North Yorkshire. There
were reports of buildings being shaken, windows rattling and one of
glass being shattered.

Here I was in the kitchen near the boiler, the door of our boiler
cupboard rattled, the noise seemed to come from our boiler, so I
thought our boiler had exploded lol
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Back in the 60s you could regularly hear sonic booms on Bognor beach from
experiments being undertaken by aircraft out of Farnborough performing
supersonic flights just off the coast.
Brian

--
----- -

wrote:

Seems it is suggested to have been sonic boom from scambled Typhoons.

Where was this?

To the east of Leeds - on the border of West and North Yorkshire. There
were reports of buildings being shaken, windows rattling and one of glass
being shattered.

Here I was in the kitchen near the boiler, the door of our boiler
cupboard rattled, the noise seemed to come from our boiler, so I thought
our boiler had exploded lol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 5/3/2016 8:41 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Back in the 60s you could regularly hear sonic booms on Bognor beach from
experiments being undertaken by aircraft out of Farnborough performing
supersonic flights just off the coast.
Brian

And in Bristol in the early 70's we regularly heard the double boom from
the early evening out-going Concorde as it opened up over the Bristol
Channel.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 5/3/2016 8:41 AM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Back in the 60s you could regularly hear sonic booms on Bognor beach from
experiments being undertaken by aircraft out of Farnborough performing
supersonic flights just off the coast.
Brian

And in Bristol in the early 70's we regularly heard the double boom from
the early evening out-going Concorde as it opened up over the Bristol
Channel.

we used to hear that in London :-)

tim

OT Another bang harryagain[_2_] UK diy 0 April 7th 14 06:24 PM
I hear the Boston Marathon ended with a bang... Running Man Home Repair 58 April 20th 13 12:29 PM
Easy Plug & Play System. Start Today - Profit Today! //www.online-jobs-4u.page.tl leena Home Ownership 1 August 26th 08 10:38 PM
Nail gun that goes bang/whirr/bang/whirr ... ? N_Cook UK diy 3 June 18th 08 04:01 PM
"Do yo hear what I hear?" was Recession is a given. Can we avoid a Bush Depression? Larry Jaques Metalworking 1 April 3rd 08 04:02 AM