Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Peripheral vision in cats and humans

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4097761.html

"cats have a visual field that spans a whopping 200 degrees, as compared to 180 degrees in humans"

I disagree with this. Firstly, I tested my own vision and I have 220 degrees. Secondly, I always find my cats looking straight at me or whatever they want to examine, they don't seem to be able to see sideways, and the other day I walked over to one cat, I was 90 degrees from his forward direction, and he didn't see me until I touched him to stroke him, which scared the hell out of him.

What are your experiences of cats vision (and your own)?

--
A Catholic boy in confession says, €śBless me Father, I have sinned, I masturbated while thinking about my sister.€ť
€śThat's a disgrace,€ť said the priest, €śespecially when you have two gorgeous younger brothers.€ť