Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/16 14:11, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

"A Nana Mouskouri record is among the 200 unwanted vinyl records from
the town's charity shops "

Indeed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 April 2016 14:11:06 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

I think I have more CD smostly CDRs and DVDs I could do that with and they'd reflect the suns light helping to reduce global warming, not sure how good they'd be in time regarding leaks.

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 14:14:56 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 15/04/16 14:11, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".

"A Nana Mouskouri record is among the 200 unwanted vinyl records from
the town's charity shops "

Indeed.

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 15/04/2016 15:00, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 15 April 2016 14:11:06 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

I think I have more CD smostly CDRs and DVDs I could do that with and they'd reflect the suns light helping to reduce global warming, not sure how good they'd be in time regarding leaks.

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

I can't think why people use roofing felt, when they can just spend
months nailing LPs on instead.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/16 15:34, GB wrote:
On 15/04/2016 15:00, whisky-dave wrote:
On Friday, 15 April 2016 14:11:06 UTC+1, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

I think I have more CD smostly CDRs and DVDs I could do that with and
they'd reflect the suns light helping to reduce global warming, not
sure how good they'd be in time regarding leaks.

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

I can't think why people use roofing felt, when they can just spend
months nailing LPs on instead.

Months? you dont have to play them first!

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2016 14:11, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

If Sean Connery did the same thing would he have used shingles?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

Wonder how they'll sand up to direct sunlight? They melt at a pretty low
temperature.

--
*Why are a wise man and a wise guy opposites? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 15:50:46 +0100, "www.GymRatZ.co.uk"
wrote:

On 15/04/2016 14:11, TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

If Sean Connery did the same thing would he have used shingles?

Don't you just hate it when you look through a thread with a gag in
mind, and someone has used it already?

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:16:14 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

Wonder how they'll sand up to direct sunlight? They melt at a pretty low
temperature.

Maybe they'll fuse togther? Not sure what the UV will do to them
though.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Seems a bit of a waste of good vinyl.
I wonder how stable it would be though as records warp easily in hot places.
brain

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"TimW" wrote in message
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because "it
was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's roof
was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment," he
said.....

Full article he
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36053722

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
TimW wrote:
Vinyl LPs on shed roof puts new spin on old records

A man has covered a shed roof with charity shop vinyl records because
"it was a lot cheaper than tiles".
Mike Johnson came up with the idea after the bitumen on his friend's
roof was constantly shredded by the wind. "It was a lightbulb moment,"
he said.....

Coincides nicely with yet another vinyl 'revival' - it's Record Store Day
today. They had a true nutcase on R4 Saturday Live today. Reminded me of
several on here. He really seemed to believe the rubbish he was talking.

--
*You sound reasonable......time to up my medication

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

From the look of it he's already used a heat gun to fold the records over
the ridge and at the edges so I don't think a bit of warping is going to
show much. ;-)

Tim

Brian Gaff wrote:
Seems a bit of a waste of good vinyl.
I wonder how stable it would be though as records warp easily in hot places.
brain

--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Lucas Bergkamp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Whoosh.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 14:57, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Whoosh.

Fraid you got me there. Still way over my head sir.

Oh. Yawn. Terrible pun.

Well, just for harry, which musical was all about solar panels?

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/04/16 16:47, jim wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 16/04/16 14:57, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Whoosh.

Fraid you got me there. Still way over my head sir.

Oh. Yawn. Terrible pun.

Well, just for harry, which musical was all about solar panels?

Er.... Fiddler on a hot tin roof?

That'll do nicely :-)

private property.

Karl Marx

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 16/04/16 14:57, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Whoosh.

Fraid you got me there. Still way over my head sir.

Oh. Yawn. Terrible pun.

Well, just for harry, which musical was all about solar panels?

Er.... Fiddler on a hot tin roof?

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 15:25:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:57, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 14:43:27 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

Whoosh.

Fraid you got me there. Still way over my head sir.

Oh. Yawn. Terrible pun.

Well, just for harry, which musical was all about solar panels?

Hair.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 16 April 2016 14:43:27 UTC+1, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 16/04/16 14:11, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 13:39:16 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 16/04/16 07:30, News wrote:
In message ,
writes

There has just got to be a Drifters LP up there.

Up on the roof?

Wasn't that Carly Simon?

No, she sang about the wind vane.

No, she sang up on the roof.

I thought that was blancmange, oh no that was "living on the ceiling"

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2016 18:58, Graham. wrote:

If Sean Connery did the same thing would he have used shingles?

Don't you just hate it when you look through a thread with a gag in
mind, and someone has used it already?

On-track, in the groove and punning with stylus.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 16:29:58 +0100, www.GymRatZ.co.uk wrote:

On 15/04/2016 18:58, Graham. wrote:

If Sean Connery did the same thing would he have used shingles?

Don't you just hate it when you look through a thread with a gag in
mind, and someone has used it already?

On-track, in the groove and punning with stylus.

They should have used Roofus Wainwright.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2016 16:58, Bob Eager wrote:

They should have used Roofus Wainwright.

Rufus & Chaka Khan to start with but it didn't hold water in the context
of the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycnuyo3MLbw

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/04/2016 16:58, Bob Eager wrote:
They should have used Roofus Wainwright.

No, he fixes wagons. You need Bonnie Tyler.

Andy

Shed roof Dave UK diy 20 May 19th 08 12:39 AM
shed roof Moxie Home Repair 3 June 7th 07 07:17 PM
Shed roof felt blown off, timber roof wet, should I... Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 December 8th 06 10:09 AM
Vinyl siding for shed? al Home Repair 11 June 12th 06 10:23 AM
vinyl/ plastic shed for DRY storage?? Alvin Wibowoo Home Repair 4 February 28th 04 04:51 PM