Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Mailchimp: why no line breaks within paragraphs?

Sorry bit OT, but I know there are a few MailChimp mailing list users out
there...

I'm using Mailchimp to manage a mailing list at the moment, and have been
advised by a number of recipients that my emails are very hard to read
because on their monitor, every paragraph of text appears as a single line,
ie running off the screen to the right - the user has to use the right and
left arrow keys to scroll back and forth across the screen. It happens by
no means to all users, including me - I've been unable to reproduce it
myself although I've seen how it appears within reply emails I've received.

I expect that the reason is related to the fact that my outgoing emails are
in HTML format, which I'd rather retain. I'm also guessing that the
problem is caused by an issue within the users' email client? One affected
user is using Windows Mail, don't know about any others.

Does anyone know if there's anything I can realistically do at my end to
sort out the problem?

Thanks

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Lobster wrote:
[...]

When I used MailChimp, mails had an HTML version and a plain text
version. The plain text version was created automatically from the HTML
version, not very intelligently I might add, and I always found it
necessary to replace it with a plain text version of my own making.

It might be a red herring but it is important to know which version the
affected users are looking at.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I hate the emails sent by this, as it often seems to forget to update the
plain text resulting in an old lump of info going out to all who read in
plain text. I do not know anything about it, but in my view its the lazy
option to just put a loasd of headings in a mail list with huge links to
pages next to them.
Brian

--
----- -