Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT....EUSSR subsidises Chinese steel.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/2016 16:00, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed the imposition of
tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 April 2016 16:49:12 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 11/04/2016 16:00, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed the imposition of
tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?

It's unavoidable to use carbon to make iron.
Recyling uses less.

We all need to using carbon free energy where possible.
And as little as possible.

Re China business, ?i hate all the subterfuge from the EUSSR.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/11/2016 4:00 PM, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

"Subsidise" seems to have become one of the most mis-used words around.
All this balls about how "governments subsidise the coal and oil
industries". What they typically do is to give tax relief on expenses
incurred in running the business. Just like the tax-man lets me claim my
dedicated "work" laptops as a business expense. Perhaps the proles AKA
voters don't know what any of it means, but I am damned sure the
spin-masters who write this rubbish know exactly what they are doing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The problem with politicians is that they have..
1 short memories
2 are often so naive that they think they have struck a good deal until the
coach and horses ride through the contract.
3. trade barriers have not been known for their success most of the time.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Fredxxx" wrote in message
On 11/04/2016 16:00, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed the imposition of
tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 11 April 2016 17:17:31 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Monday, 11 April 2016 16:49:12 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 11/04/2016 16:00, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed the imposition of
tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?

It's unavoidable to use carbon to make iron.
Recyling uses less.

We all need to using carbon free energy where possible.
And as little as possible.

deos that include china, you do know we can buy cheap chinese steel without using any energy what-so-ever, is that better for the UK ?

Re China business, ?i hate all the subterfuge from the EUSSR.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 11 April 2016 17:17:31 UTC+1, harry wrote:
On Monday, 11 April 2016 16:49:12 UTC+1, Fredxxx wrote:
On 11/04/2016 16:00, harry wrote:
https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed the imposition of
tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?

It's unavoidable to use carbon to make iron.
Recyling uses less.

We all need to using carbon free energy where possible.
And as little as possible.

deos that include china, you do know we can buy cheap chinese steel
without using any energy what-so-ever,

Even sillier than you usually manage.

You need to use energy to get it from china to britain, stupid.

And that is some of the dirtiest energy around too.

is that better for the UK ?

Corse it is.

Re China business, ?i hate all the subterfuge from the EUSSR.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 20:45:08 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
[...]

So how does that make it a good idea then ?
Why would the chinnes spend more on shipping it to the UK than we pay for it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
harry wrote
Fredxxx wrote
harry wrote

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...tish-industry/

Even fewer know that David Cameron effectively vetoed
the imposition of tariffs on Chinese steel imports.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...hinese-dumping
https://www.rt.com/uk/337870-cameron-steel-china-jobs/
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...-after-7344784

I always thought you supported green energy? What's changed?

It's unavoidable to use carbon to make iron.
Recyling uses less.

We all need to using carbon free energy where possible.
And as little as possible.

deos that include china, you do know we can buy cheap
chinese steel without using any energy what-so-ever,

Even sillier than you usually manage.

You need to use energy to get it from china to britain, stupid.

And that is some of the dirtiest energy around too.

So how does that make it a good idea then ?

Because when china produces vastly more steel than Britain does,
it makes absolutely no sense what so ever to be propping up the
British steel industry that uses dinosaur technology WAY past its
useby date to produce it, when china has doubled its steel production
in the last decade or so and has invested in decent modern production
systems to do that. And they get to keep the pollution produced when
that steel is made in China too. Win win all round for everyone, including
the operations that need steel and can get it much cheaper from China.

Why would the chinnes spend more on
shipping it to the UK than we pay for it.

They don't. Shipping by sea actually costs a
lot less than carting it around Britain does.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 14 April 2016 22:23:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
harry wrote
Fredxxx wrote
harry wrote

[...]

Which isn;t true.

What they are doing is propering up teh chinese steal industry which is not only making more steel than china needs but more steel than the rest of teh world needs.

when china has doubled its steel production
in the last decade or so and has invested in decent modern production
systems to do that.

which it hasn;t a market for unless it sells it below costs.

And they get to keep the pollution produced when
that steel is made in China too. Win win all round for everyone, including
the operations that need steel and can get it much cheaper from China.

Only you seem to see it that way, strange that.

OT EUSSR harry UK diy 1 August 8th 15 08:42 AM
Stainless steel used in Chinese made grills Ignoramus6004 Metalworking 15 July 29th 11 10:33 PM
Chinese Stainless Steel Bracelet with Carbon KB4491 [email protected] UK diy 0 April 2nd 08 11:53 AM
Learn Chinese ,chinese instrument and travel in Beijing Julia Home Repair 0 January 14th 08 02:06 AM
Learn Chinese ,chinese instrument and travel in Beijing Julia Home Repair 0 January 7th 08 01:43 AM