Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet going down tonight...

...at 8:00 pm. Episode 12 of Project Binky due for release.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:

Episode 12 of Project Binky

Heh! I only checked their youtube video feed last night (previous
episode showed up as a private video before it was released) but saw
nothing, I don't check twitter for such things ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have no idea what you are on about.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Tim+ wrote:

Episode 12 of Project Binky

Heh! I only checked their youtube video feed last night (previous episode
showed up as a private video before it was released) but saw nothing, I
don't check twitter for such things ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2016 11:01, Chris French wrote:

It's a project to fit the engine (2L turbo)and running gear from a
a 4WD Toyota Celicia into an old mini. To make a very fast old
mini. The are posting regular you tube updates on
it.

I had no idea what it was so I googled 'Binky' and got some images of a
young lady with a large top end. Some very pleasant running gear...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

http://www.badobsessionmotorsport.co...project-binky/

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Tim+ wrote:

Episode 12 of Project Binky

Heh! I only checked their youtube video feed last night (previous episode
showed up as a private video before it was released) but saw nothing, I
don't check twitter for such things ...

Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 8 April 2016 12:15:51 UTC+2, F wrote:
On 08/04/2016 11:01, Chris French wrote:

It's a project to fit the engine (2L turbo)and running gear from a
a 4WD Toyota Celicia into an old mini. To make a very fast old
mini. The are posting regular you tube updates on
it.

I had no idea what it was so I googled 'Binky' and got some images of a
young lady with a large top end. Some very pleasant running gear...

Whereas to me "Binky" is a white horse whose owner you do not want to annoy.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Binky Boo was a character in some kiddies book back in the 50s, but I'm sure
its been other things as well.
Did they not use that nickname for some ficticious flying ace from the
early 20th century.
Brian

--
----- -

"Martin Bonner" wrote in message
On Friday, 8 April 2016 12:15:51 UTC+2, F wrote:
On 08/04/2016 11:01, Chris French wrote:

It's a project to fit the engine (2L turbo)and running gear from a
a 4WD Toyota Celicia into an old mini. To make a very fast old
mini. The are posting regular you tube updates on
it.

I had no idea what it was so I googled 'Binky' and got some images of a
young lady with a large top end. Some very pleasant running gear...

Whereas to me "Binky" is a white horse whose owner you do not want to
annoy.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Is this like that Rolls Royce with a Merlin aero engine in it. I saw
that once at a show.

Was that the John Dodd special? With a RR grille? If so, not a Merlin
(Spitfire etc), but a much lower powered Meteor from a tank. That was the
more common version.

--
*Never miss a good chance to shut up *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It wasn't a real Rolls Royce - it was a fibreglass body with a Rolls-
looking radiator and shape. Bloody fast - I saw it go at the Brighton
Speed Trials many years ago.

Rolls weren't very happy.

On Fri, 08 Apr 2016 16:40:03 +0100, Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this like that Rolls Royce with a Merlin aero engine in it. I saw
that once at a show.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2016 16:48, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
Martin Bonner wrote:

On Friday, 8 April 2016 12:15:51 UTC+2, F wrote:
On 08/04/2016 11:01, Chris French wrote:

Whereas to me "Binky" is a white horse whose owner you do not want to
annoy.

Yes. His owner has a scythe and speaks only in capitals.

Small blocks actually. As in lead blocks. As this is a text only medium
SPEAKS LIKE THIS will do.

(Brian - it's the character of Death in Terry Pratchett's Discworld books)

Andy