Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing: Non-Return Valves for Bath Mixer Tap

Bathroom refit being planned. Have bough a wall mounted bath mixer tap with hand shower attachment (http://www.grohe.co.uk/en_gb/concett...-32212001.html or http://goo.gl/WE1B5C).

Whilst I was waiting for Grohe to confirm which were the cold and hot inlets (I'd assumed the right one was cold as per usual but its best not to assume, and nothing in the installation instructions), I decided to just blow into the inlets and move the tap from hot to cold (cold inlet is on the right by the way). I've found that whilst there is a non return valve in the shower outlet, there is nothing to stop flow between hot and cold inlets.

The question is, given I have a Megafow system with hot water being delivered at close to mains pressure, is there any need for me to insert non return valves into the hot/cold feeds to the mixer? The same H/C feed will be supplying a (thermostatic) shower in the same room but I can't see a time where we'd be using both shower and bath.

Non-return valves Keefiedee UK diy 19 February 17th 18 02:17 PM
Non-return valves for C/H systems NoSpam UK diy 4 August 2nd 11 09:31 PM
isolating and non return valves kent UK diy 7 January 15th 11 11:24 PM
15mm non-return valves Arthur2 UK diy 5 September 4th 07 07:47 PM
non-return valves, isolating valves and service valves Ron Askew UK diy 3 October 29th 03 07:32 PM