Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Toslink to analogue converter.

TV has only a Toslink (optical fibre) audio output. Fairly common these
days. External amp is analogue only.

I've been using a fairly old universal (AES,S/PDIF and Toslink DAC which
is fine - except that it defaults to AES at switch on. And being a pro
unit, pretty large.

I bought a Toslink to phono unit from Ebay which works OK - but the audio
level from it is low. Meaning you have to alter the power amp when
switching between say radio and TV sound. All other inputs to the amp are
ok.

Obviously I could build an amp to raise the level - but the idea is to get
rid of as much clutter as possible. So anyone know of a unit with
adjustable output level?

--
*No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver,purple

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

TV has only a Toslink (optical fibre) audio output. Fairly common these
days. External amp is analogue only.

I've been using a fairly old universal (AES,S/PDIF and Toslink DAC which
is fine - except that it defaults to AES at switch on. And being a pro
unit, pretty large.

I bought a Toslink to phono unit from Ebay which works OK - but the audio
level from it is low. Meaning you have to alter the power amp when
switching between say radio and TV sound. All other inputs to the amp are
ok.

Obviously I could build an amp to raise the level - but the idea is to get
rid of as much clutter as possible. So anyone know of a unit with
adjustable output level?

What's the IC and the circuitry inside the Toslink adaptor? You might be
able to fiddle the DAC Vref with a resistor or two.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
TV has only a Toslink (optical fibre) audio output. Fairly common
these days. External amp is analogue only.

I've been using a fairly old universal (AES,S/PDIF and Toslink DAC
which is fine - except that it defaults to AES at switch on. And being
a pro unit, pretty large.

I bought a Toslink to phono unit from Ebay which works OK - but the
audio level from it is low. Meaning you have to alter the power amp
when switching between say radio and TV sound. All other inputs to the
amp are ok.

Obviously I could build an amp to raise the level - but the idea is to
get rid of as much clutter as possible. So anyone know of a unit with
adjustable output level?

What's the IC and the circuitry inside the Toslink adaptor? You might be
able to fiddle the DAC Vref with a resistor or two.

It's a sealed unit. Suppose I could cut it open - it wasn't expensive.
Runs off a USB 5v wall wart.

--
*I'm not being rude. You're just insignificant

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
[...]

What does it do when you put in 9 Volts then ....

(nah, don't try that!)

--
Adrian C