Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Man with a van - how much to pay?

I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but
not entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their
storage facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few
months I will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with
unpacking this container into the van, and driving me plus contents to
the North West where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rob wrote:

I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but
not entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their
storage facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few
months I will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with
unpacking this container into the van, and driving me plus contents to
the North West where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?

£1 for each mile would be reasonable.
e.g, 100 mile one way, would be £200.
Depends how long to pack/unload.
Maybe more than £1 if it'll take a long time.
--
Alan
To reply by mail, change '+' to 'plus'

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but not
entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their storage
facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few months I
will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with unpacking this
container into the van, and driving me plus contents to the North West
where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?

Not having any similar experience, I'd start he
http://www.anyvan.com/man-and-van

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 3 April 2016 08:18:03 UTC+1, Richard wrote:
"Rob" wrote in message

I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but not
entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their storage
facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few months I
will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with unpacking this
container into the van, and driving me plus contents to the North West
where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?

Not having any similar experience, I'd start he
http://www.anyvan.com/man-and-van

a good idea that fails hopelessly in practice

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/04/2016 21:00, Rob wrote:
I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but
not entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their
storage facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few
months I will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with
unpacking this container into the van, and driving me plus contents to
the North West where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?

I think this might be fairly typical:

http://vanandmansheffield.co.uk/Pages/pricingpolicy.htm

--
Cheers, Rob

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rob" wrote in message

I have a storage container in the East Midlands which is 8 x 7 x 5 but not
entirely full. The company do deliver the container from their storage
facility, but only locally 50m. At some point in the next few months I
will need to get a van with a driver who will assist with unpacking this
container into the van, and driving me plus contents to the North West
where he will assist with unpacking.

Approximately how much would I be looking at paying for this, including
fuel?

Not having any similar experience, I'd start he
http://www.anyvan.com/man-and-van

a good idea that fails hopelessly in practice

NT

You'd have thought someone would complain about such a sexist job ;-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

recently we used to hire http://www.megaremovals.co.uk/removals-wimbledon
ust for 35/h and they weer best for their services
Posted to uk.d-i-y

few week age we used the services http://www.megaremovals.co.uk/removals-wimbledon they were good at their service and their prices was also reasonable just 35/h
Posted to uk.d-i-y

week ago i move my full house in Fulham by hiring services of a local removals Company named AA man and van and they charged me only £35/h and these are very cheap rates.

http://www.aamanandvan.co.uk/man-and-van-fulham