Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Clear plastic to keep fingers off tabletop display

Inspired by Chris Green's plastic glass thread, I'm asking about
suitability of plastic sheets for a slightly different purpose.

Later this year, I'll be involved with a public display of stuff which
will be on table tops 36 inches above the floor, around 14 - 16 feet
long. There is a need to prevent little fingers poking, so plastic
glass along the front, about 12 inches high, is envisaged. Last time,
some years ago, I had access to some panels 1 x 8 feet, but only about
1/8th inch thick. They worked, but were a bit floppy, so 1/4 inch thick
is probably the way to go. I suppose I'm looking for an 8 x 4 sheet
that the supplier will cut into four of 1 x 8, which I can drill to
mount along the front of the tabletops (which are 1/4 inch ply framed
with 2 x 1).

Brilliant ideas?
--
Graeme