Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Totally OT why am I a minority

I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Because you post on Usenet maybe?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

That means we are just eccentric

British folk are allowed to be eccentric have sheds and all that stuff.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Because you post on Usenet maybe?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/16 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Because there's more women than men?

Another Dave
--
Change nospam to gmx

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 04/03/2016 16:45, Another Dave wrote:
On 04/03/16 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Because there's more women than men?

Another Dave

What a lovely answer! Perfectly correct, and completely unhelpful. Are
you a statistician, perhaps?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Are you?
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly kinky
bloke. sexuality has nothing to do with much else than itself unless you
behave like some sort of over sexed testosterone crazed individual when out
with your wife!

:-)
Brian

--
----- -

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to think
I am a minority?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly
kinky bloke.

I'm picturing you in a French maid's uniform at this very minute. With
Miss Whiplash in attendance.

--
*I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore I am perfect*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly
kinky bloke.

I'm picturing you in a French maid's uniform at this very minute. With
Miss Whiplash in attendance.

You always did have a sewer of a 'mind'

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 04/03/2016 17:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you?
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly kinky
bloke.

I have some bad news for you: DIY is completely mainstream, not a kink
at all.

sexuality has nothing to do with much else than itself unless you
behave like some sort of over sexed testosterone crazed individual when out
with your wife!

:-)
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"GB" wrote in message
On 04/03/2016 17:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you?
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly
kinky
bloke.

I have some bad news for you: DIY is completely mainstream, not a kink at
all.

Depends on how well you do it. The worst of it has lots of kinks.

sexuality has nothing to do with much else than itself unless you
behave like some sort of over sexed testosterone crazed individual when
out
with your wife!

:-)
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 5 March 2016 01:08:19 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Depends on how well you do it. The worst of it has lots of kinks.

You're talking about my doorframes aren't you.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
On Saturday, 5 March 2016 01:08:19 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
Depends on how well you do it. The worst of it has lots of kinks.

You're talking about my doorframes aren't you.

Yep, and fences too. And the worst of the brickwork too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 4 March 2016 18:00:04 UTC, GB wrote:
On 04/03/2016 17:01, Brian Gaff wrote:
Are you?
I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly kinky
bloke.

I have some bad news for you: DIY is completely mainstream, not a kink
at all.

I don't believe DIY is mainstream anymore.
Kids these days seem to want everything done for them.
Totally helpless.
How many here are under fifty?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote
GB wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Are you?

I've not found this to be true for me as a single het and slightly kinky
bloke.

I have some bad news for you: DIY is completely mainstream, not a kink at
all.

I don't believe DIY is mainstream anymore.

I'm not convinced that it ever was mainstream.

Kids these days seem to want everything done for them.

Bull****. I've just recently had a 13 year old borrowing
tools to DIY his desk/table so it works better with his
games machines. He didn't even ask me to do it for him.

Totally helpless.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

How many here are under fifty?

That's for a different reason, they don't know anything
about usenet. Plenty doing DIY on facebook etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to think I am a
minority?

Not many couples get married in a stable nowadays.

The trend is more to getting married in places like stately homes or castles;
or if more adventurous, on a Caribbean Island.

If the latter and you want to get on the TV then holding it during
the hurricane season is quite a good idea.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Ask your wife's girlfriend.

--
*Filthy stinking rich -- well, two out of three ain't bad

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2016 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

It's only other straight white men wanting you to think you're in a
minority, and not all of them. The genuine minorities realise you're not
in one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Those that think that never are.

What they do mean is they want minorites to be neither seen or heard.

--
*PMS jokes aren't funny; period.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Why do you think you're being *made* to think anything? Think for
yourself, man.

--
Mike Barnes
Cheshire, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Mike Barnes
escribió:

Why do you think you're being *made* to think anything? Think for
yourself, man.

Amen to that.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/16 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Do you at least have several kids who don't have BOTH you and your wife
as parents and ideally are of varying skin tones?

freak...

:-
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2016 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Probably because those who *are* in a minority make a lot of noise to
get noticed.

Not to mention the government's 'diversity' agenda.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 04/03/2016 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Probably because those who *are* in a minority make a lot of noise to get
noticed.

Or people who make noise for you.

Feminist are easily offended on behalf of others.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to think
I am a minority?

You aren't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Sangmo wrote:

"Broadback" wrote in message
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

You aren't.

You've got Wodney on your side. Be afraid. Very afraid.

--
*White with a hint of M42*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News)
escribió:

You've got Wodney on your side. Be afraid. Very afraid.

FFS. It /is/ Wodney you're replying to, using one of his many nyms.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y

escribió:

You've got Wodney on your side. Be afraid. Very afraid.

FFS. It /is/ Wodney you're replying to, using one of his many nyms.

I was telling Broadback. ;-)

Who is probably just trolling too.

--
*INDECISION is the key to FLEXIBILITY *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2016 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

You are unique, you are a minority of one.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/16 16:35, Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Cos you are!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Broadback wrote:
I am a heterosexual man in a stable marriage. Why am I being made to
think I am a minority?

Have you tried registering your children to start school?

I went through this 20+ years ago twice with our three. (Twice as they
include twins.)

The first time, after a couple of questions, I said. "Let me stop you.
Before we go any further, my wife and I are married, we live in the same
house, xxxx is our daughter. Please assume that for all further
questions."

Rather surprised, the lady explained that was actually quite unusual. I
confess I was quite shocked, the school is in an affluent area, far from
'run down' etc.

The second time, I simply made a similar statement at the beginning.

When I began teaching some years later, I discovered that the lady was
correct. It wasn't at all unusual to find pupils had different names to
their parents or had siblings of different names etc.

Yeah, one of my neighbours on what you lot call benefits
had every single kid of the 8 or so with a different father.

Bet that caused one hell of a hassle at the school.

Obviously not an issue from the view point of how you deal with pupils,
unless there are some problems it causes. Schools are required to record
and monitor such problems and mitigate them. Obviously such details
are handled with care. Different names can lead to confusion on parents'
evening if the parent gives their name and not that of their child!

Having been married nearly 40 years, I am rarely find people of my age
(59)
who are still on their first marriage. I met someone who had been married
7
times, he was a bit older than me but not much. Three marriages isn't at
all rare. Two is common place. I'm not judging people, if things aren't
working I can understand why people split up, but yes long term marriages
do SEEM to be in the minority. Of course, the actual statistics may prove
otherwise. As to why things are as they are, I don't pretend to know.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
Broadback wrote:
[...]

their parents or had siblings of different names etc. Obviously not an
issue from the view point of how you deal with pupils, unless there are
some problems it causes. Schools are required to record and monitor such
problems and mitigate them. Obviously such details are handled with care.
Different names can lead to confusion on parents' evening if the parent
gives their name and not that of their child!

Some 15 years ago, I noticed that security cameras were being fitted to a
local private infant school. A rare occurance in those days. I asked one of
the Governors - it's in case the wrong parent takes the child.

and if you go to our local Indian Restauant on a Friday night, it's very
obvious that there are fathers taking children out to a meal.

Having been married nearly 40 years, I am rarely find people of my age
(59) who are still on their first marriage. I met someone who had been
married 7 times, he was a bit older than me but not much. Three marriages
isn't at all rare. Two is common place. I'm not judging people, if things
aren't working I can understand why people split up, but yes long term
marriages do SEEM to be in the minority. Of course, the actual
statistics may prove otherwise. As to why things are as they are, I
don't pretend to know.

We're just about, at the end of the month, to make it 53 years!

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/03/2016 18:35, charles wrote:
In article ,
Brian Reay wrote:
Broadback wrote:
[...]

Yes, I've heard of similar things.

and if you go to our local Indian Restauant on a Friday night, it's very
obvious that there are fathers taking children out to a meal.

Having been married nearly 40 years, I am rarely find people of my age
(59) who are still on their first marriage. I met someone who had been
married 7 times, he was a bit older than me but not much. Three marriages
isn't at all rare. Two is common place. I'm not judging people, if things
aren't working I can understand why people split up, but yes long term
marriages do SEEM to be in the minority. Of course, the actual
statistics may prove otherwise. As to why things are as they are, I
don't pretend to know.

We're just about, at the end of the month, to make it 53 years!

Congratulations. I hope you enjoy many more years together.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Brian Reay writes

Having been married nearly 40 years, I am rarely find people of my age (59)
who are still on their first marriage. I met someone who had been married 7
times, he was a bit older than me but not much. Three marriages isn't at
all rare. Two is common place. I'm not judging people, if things aren't
working I can understand why people split up, but yes long term marriages
do SEEM to be in the minority. Of course, the actual statistics may prove
otherwise. As to why things are as they are, I don't pretend to know.

Interesting.

My experience is that pre-marriage (47 years) friends of ours are
mostly still together. Engineering and teaching backgrounds might be an
explanation. Unadventurous/boring people:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
Tim Lamb wrote:
[...]

If divorce etc. is your idea of adventure and a way to prevent boredom,
feel free to live your life that way. While I've no issue with people who
get divorced etc. and I know many find happiness second (or later) time
around, most seem to have had some very unpleasant times.

Divorce is not the answer. Just a little adultery is needed.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

I met someone who had been married 7
times, he was a bit older than me but not much.

Slow learner?

--
Adam