Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Productive weekend

https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...h/24522829964/

Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Watts
writes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...317896/with/24
522829964/

Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam.

Ouch! My brain hurts. I guess to fully understand what is happening, you
have to be the-)

My planned alterations include a new dormer in an existing pitched roof,
removing the roof where engineered trusses have been used and re-roofing
to include an extension with two further dormers.

I'll be back!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/16 11:11, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Tim Watts
writes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/timjwa...317896/with/24
522829964/

Additional dormer roof supporting pillar and mid span beam.

Ouch! My brain hurts. I guess to fully understand what is happening, you
have to be the-)

My brain hurts every time I uncover something ****e that was done by Mr
Bodgitt in the 70's. If I had had money at the start and kne wthe roof
needed retiling *before* I did anything else, I would have had the
dormers and floor joists taken out and the whole lot redone properly -
and had something a little more artistic than two flat roof dormers.

But here we are - retro-fixing as we go :|

My planned alterations include a new dormer in an existing pitched roof,
removing the roof where engineered trusses have been used and re-roofing
to include an extension with two further dormers.

I'll be back!

Good luck!