Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Health and softy for dishwashers

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to see which is which when you put them away?

--
Women do not snore, burp, sweat, or fart.
Therefore, they must "bitch" or they will blow up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 21:18:22 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:32:39 -0000, wrote:

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 21:18:22 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

I thought falling onto cutlery only happened in that really funny German mock safety video, but apparently it did happen once somewhere. Just once.

--
TEACHER: Clyde, your composition on "My Dog" is exactly the same as your brother's. Did you copy his?
CLYDE : No, sir. It's the same dog.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What
happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

Just put it down to the rest of the things that you don't know about.
You really are one stupid trolling ****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 22:55:12 -0000, Chris French wrote:

"Mr Macaw" Wrote in message:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to see which is which when you put them away.

Ours gets as clean which ever way up it is.

I can get more in with the big ends up. And I can see which ones they are when I unload it.

--
A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over, there's nobody home."
I went over. Nobody was home.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Macaw" Wrote in message:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to see which is which when you put them away.

Ours gets as clean which ever way up it is.

Chris French

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually
face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't
hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly?
What happened to being able to see which is which when
you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from
falling onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:39:10 +1100, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually
face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't
hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly?
What happened to being able to see which is which when
you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from
falling onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.

At times on the tines ;-)

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graham. wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually
face their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't
hurt themselves. What happened to cleaning them properly?
What happened to being able to see which is which when
you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from
falling onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.

At times on the tines ;-)

Sure, but that doesn't give you food poisoning,
what gets left is completely sterilised.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Graham. wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling onto
cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.

At times on the tines ;-)

Sure, but that doesn't give you food poisoning, what gets left is
completely sterilised.

Where did you get your degree in hindsight and stating the bleeding obvious?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bm" wrote in message
eb.com...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Graham. wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling
onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.

At times on the tines ;-)

Sure, but that doesn't give you food poisoning, what gets left is
completely sterilised.

Where did you get your degree in hindsight and stating the bleeding
obvious?

Go and **** yourself, gutless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 14/02/2016 05:29, F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

Well mine doesnt wash efficiently....well that is when wife fills it.
She makes every mistake in the book and will not change. Cups etc often
placed correct way up so they just fill with water, cutlery all mixed
up, items too tall that stop the spinner.
I now empty it as found so cutlery is taken out and not sorted and I
leave uncleaned items sitting on the worktop.
A long way to go but she is slowly learning.
Oh and I put sharp end up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"bm" wrote in message
web.com...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Graham. wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being
able to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling
onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

You wont get any food poisoning from having the cutlery
pointing down, at most just some of the cutlery with some
completely sterilised remains on them at times.

At times on the tines ;-)

Sure, but that doesn't give you food poisoning, what gets left is
completely sterilised.

Where did you get your degree in hindsight and stating the bleeding
obvious?

Go and **** yourself, gutless.

Better still; go and gut yourself, ****less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

Well mine doesnt wash efficiently....well that is when wife fills it. She
makes every mistake in the book and will not change. Cups etc often placed
correct way up so they just fill with water, cutlery all mixed up, items
too tall that stop the spinner.

Time to give her the bums rush and replace her.

I now empty it as found so cutlery is taken out and not sorted and I leave
uncleaned items sitting on the worktop.
A long way to go but she is slowly learning.
Oh and I put sharp end up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Richard" wrote in message
"Rod Speed" wrote in message ...

"bm" wrote in message
aweb.com...

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Graham. wrote
Rod Speed wrote
wrote
Mr Macaw wrote

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2/13/2016 9:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:32:39 -0000, wrote:

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 21:18:22 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling
onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

I thought falling onto cutlery only happened in that really funny German
mock safety video, but apparently it did happen once somewhere. Just once.

Yes, it was a toddler in the UK, and it was fatal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ss
writes

Well mine doesnt wash efficiently....well that is when wife fills it.
She makes every mistake in the book and will not change.

huge grin I could have written that. Wifey dumps stuff in there, and
she knows I'm going to rearrange the whole thing later. She just gives
me The Look :-)

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

The basket on ours has lots of little holes such that knives *have* to
go blades down (the handles won't fit in the holes) and forks *have*
to go tines up because only the handle fit in the holes. The knives
always seem to come out clean anyway.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Blanco"
Go and gut yourself, ****less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 05:29:22 -0000, F Murtz wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about that. Handles go through the bottom and jam the spinning spray arm.

--
*Squawk!* Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine! [Parroty error]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:36:50 -0000, wrote:

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

The basket on ours has lots of little holes such that knives *have* to
go blades down (the handles won't fit in the holes) and forks *have*
to go tines up because only the handle fit in the holes. The knives
always seem to come out clean anyway.

You have a posh dishwasher where you have to take the trouble to put each piece of cutlery in individually. I'm glad mine doesn't. I just put a handful of 10 of any cutlery item into each section of the basket.

--
Some "chinese english" instructions for an automatic light switch, needless to say I did not attempt to follow them during the installation....

The surface design is facility, comely but not losing generosity, it will not have accidented feeling after installation.
Wide working voltage: you will not be worried when you go all over Europe carrying it.
You could fix the sensor with two screws on the junction box in circular one, also fix it with special installation shelf.
In a word, whether the junction box installation orientation is true, it makes the installation flatly.
The lamp will be on automatically when you knock at the door or say "I am coming back".
It will make your home warmer and more romantic.
Penetrate the setscrew into installation hole, block on radiator to aim at the installation hole on connection box.
Let electrician or experienced human install it.
The unrest objects can't be regarded as the installation basis-face.
Don't open the case for your safety if you find the hitch after installation.
If there is any difference between instruction and products, please give priority to product, sorry not to inform you again.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

Well mine doesnt wash efficiently....well that is when wife fills it.
She makes every mistake in the book and will not change. Cups etc often
placed correct way up so they just fill with water, cutlery all mixed
up, items too tall that stop the spinner.
I now empty it as found so cutlery is taken out and not sorted and I
leave uncleaned items sitting on the worktop.
A long way to go but she is slowly learning.

[giggle]

Oh and I put sharp end up.

--
What's the best thing to get for a woman who has everything?
A man to show her how to work it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:02:11 -0000, newshound wrote:

On 2/13/2016 9:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:32:39 -0000, wrote:

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 21:18:22 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling
onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

I thought falling onto cutlery only happened in that really funny German
mock safety video, but apparently it did happen once somewhere. Just once.

Yes, it was a toddler in the UK, and it was fatal.

There's 2 then. The one I heard about was a woman. Still, not exactly something to worry about.

--
You need only two tools in life. WD-40 and duck tape.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 11:55:50 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article ,
newshound wrote:

On 2/13/2016 9:39 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:
On Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:32:39 -0000, wrote:

On Saturday, 13 February 2016 21:18:22 UTC, Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able
to see which is which when you put them away?

food poisoning fatalities vastly outnumber fatalities from falling
onto cutlery in dishwashers, so sharp bits up is better.

I thought falling onto cutlery only happened in that really funny German
mock safety video, but apparently it did happen once somewhere. Just once.

Yes, it was a toddler in the UK, and it was fatal.

Depends dunnit. Just because only one kid dies, doesn't mean that
related irritations couldn't happen with some frequency. I put stuff in
points down, because these glasses distort slightly and I don't want to
poke myself on a sharp jobby as I load or unload - something that would
happen but never appear in the statistics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pessimism

And no, the cutlery basket *has* to be last out. Why? Because this
sodding Bosch DW has a cute trick. Unload the font row of stuff first
(ie. the stuff nearest you) and the weight of the stuff at the back
makes the bottom drawer tip up away from you. Potentially rattle rattle
rattle crash crash crash.

Change it immediately, one day you will forget, have to lean in to tidy up the mess, and fall eyeball first onto a fork.

--
10 times as many people are killed by coconuts falling on their heads as are eaten by sharks.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

The basket on ours has lots of little holes such that knives *have* to
go blades down (the handles won't fit in the holes) and forks *have*
to go tines up because only the handle fit in the holes. The knives
always seem to come out clean anyway.

You have a posh dishwasher where you have to take the trouble to put each
piece of cutlery in individually. I'm glad mine doesn't. I just put a handful
of 10 of any cutlery item into each section of the basket.

Posh? It's a Beko. :-)

We did try without the (removable) tops of the cutlery basket but it
didn't wash so well then so we've put them back.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
I can't believe it, I've just discovered the majority actually face
their cutlery down in the dishwasher so they don't hurt themselves.
What happened to cleaning them properly? What happened to being able to
see which is which when you put them away?

I always put the blunt end down so they don't fall through the basket.

The basket on ours has lots of little holes such that knives *have* to
go blades down (the handles won't fit in the holes) and forks *have*
to go tines up because only the handle fit in the holes. The knives
always seem to come out clean anyway.

You have a posh dishwasher where you have to take the trouble to put each
piece of cutlery in individually. I'm glad mine doesn't. I just put a handful
of 10 of any cutlery item into each section of the basket.

Posh? It's a Beko. :-)

Mine is a Beko too, 1-2 years old. It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each. Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one? You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

We did try without the (removable) tops of the cutlery basket but it
didn't wash so well then so we've put them back.

Odd, I've found cutlery is always clean (sharp end up), if anything is ever left dirty it's bowls with dried on food. But if I set it to the hottest wash and use 2 dishwasher tablets, and the maximum setting for rinse aid, it's rare anything comes out dirty. And quite often it's only used every 4 days, so everything is well dried on.

--
When they found out their wives were attending a sex-toy party,
the husbands refused to go and pick them up,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:49:28 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each.

Not everybody's though. ;-)

Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one?

Yes, but it's very quick to do (even when I do it).

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

snip

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:06:06 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:49:28 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each.

Not everybody's though. ;-)

Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one?

Yes, but it's very quick to do (even when I do it).

Placing single items takes 10 times longer than placing groups of 10.

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.

--
A can of diet coke floats in water, but a can of regular coke sinks.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
[...]

No, ours isn't like that. It's around the same size overall as yours,
but has two top pieces which make a grid into which you drop the
cutlery. It was a little awkward at first since previous dishwashers
were like yours but it's not so bad now and actually quiten handy when
getting them out.

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:40:17 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:06:06 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:49:28 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each.

Not everybody's though. ;-)

Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one?

Yes, but it's very quick to do (even when I do it).

Placing single items takes 10 times longer than placing groups of 10.

Did you miss the 'but' in my comment above? I wasn't saying it was
quicker than just chucking them in willy-nilly, I just said (in
comparison with the general time it take to load and unload a
dishwasher) it's still pretty quick.

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

Apparently. ;-)

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.

If you only have the bunchy basket thing than I'm guessing you don't
really have the choice.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Go and **** yourself, gutless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F Murtz wrote:
Mr Macaw wrote:
[...]

You've just reminded me, I think mine actually had a flip down piece like that, which I removed and discarded as it didn't make any sense. Easiest thing in the world to use it without, you place 10 items of cutlery in each section, business end up. Then take them all out together after the wash. Nothing could be simpler.

--
"If women are so bloody perfect at multitasking,
How come they can't have a headache and sex at the same time?" - Bill Connolly
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:55:05 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:40:17 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 17:06:06 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 16:49:28 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

It's got the same basket I've seen in everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into 8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each.

Not everybody's though. ;-)

Do you really have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one?

Yes, but it's very quick to do (even when I do it).

Placing single items takes 10 times longer than placing groups of 10.

Did you miss the 'but' in my comment above? I wasn't saying it was
quicker than just chucking them in willy-nilly, I just said (in
comparison with the general time it take to load and unload a
dishwasher) it's still pretty quick.

I wouldn't call having to do 10 times as many things "very quick".

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

Apparently. ;-)

Were you told you must dry?

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.

If you only have the bunchy basket thing than I'm guessing you don't
really have the choice.

Surely if I had the little holes I'd have to do it business end up. You can't get the business end through the holes.

--
Why do the Scots wear kilts?
Sheep can hear a zipper at 500 yds....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:53:25 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

[...]

Like I said, it's got to be taken in context. It wasn't a measurement
of time per-se, it was the suggestion that it didn't take very long.

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

Apparently. ;-)

Were you told you must dry?

Yes. You *can* use the draining board to 'dry' (rather than just
drain) stuff, but it's often quicker to dry it by hand. Like it is
generally quicker to dry stuff in a TG than to just peg it on a line
oustside or on a horse inside, especially if you are in a hurry and
consider all conditions.

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.

If you only have the bunchy basket thing than I'm guessing you don't
really have the choice.

Surely if I had the little holes I'd have to do it business end up. You can't get the business end through the holes.

Correct? *IF you only have the bunchy basket thing* you don't have the
choice of having them held individually?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:51:47 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

You've just reminded me, I think mine actually had a flip down piece like that, which I removed and discarded as it didn't make any sense. Easiest thing in the world to use it without, you place 10 items of cutlery in each section, business end up. Then take them all out together after the wash. Nothing could be simpler.

Yes. Simpler would be to just chuck them all in one basket but every
stage between that and having them held individually will give you the
cleaning range from 'lucky dip' to 'perfect every time'. (because a
fork isn't sitting inside a spoon etc).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:51:47 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

You've just reminded me, I think mine actually had a flip down piece
like that, which I removed and discarded as it didn't make any
sense. Easiest thing in the world to use it without, you place 10
items of cutlery in each section, business end up. Then take them
all out together after the wash. Nothing could be simpler.

Yes. Simpler would be to just chuck them all in one basket but every
stage between that and having them held individually will give you the
cleaning range from 'lucky dip' to 'perfect every time'. (because a
fork isn't sitting inside a spoon etc).

Do you know that you have replied to the unemployable career troll Peter
Hucker, Tough Guy, Uncle Peter, PHucker and many more socks?
It's best not to feed this waste of fresh air.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:05:31 -0000, T i m wrote:

[...]

How many pieces of cutlery do you put in your dishwasher for one load?

You'd be quicker washing them by hand!

Not if you include filling the bowl with water, washing, rinsing and
drying. ;-)

I never did dry. Isn't that what the draining basket on the draining board was for?

Apparently. ;-)

Were you told you must dry?

Yes. You *can* use the draining board to 'dry' (rather than just
drain) stuff, but it's often quicker to dry it by hand.

Why does crockery have to be dried urgently?

Like it is generally quicker to dry stuff in a TG

What is a TG?

than to just peg it on a line
oustside or on a horse inside, especially if you are in a hurry and
consider all conditions.

However, having all the 'working ends' completely exposed and held
apart guarantees a much better wash than potentially having them all
bunched together.

Agreed, which is why I was surprised anyone did any different.

If you only have the bunchy basket thing than I'm guessing you don't
really have the choice.

Surely if I had the little holes I'd have to do it business end up. You can't get the business end through the holes.

Correct? *IF you only have the bunchy basket thing* you don't have the
choice of having them held individually?

No, if you have the special fancy holder, you have no choice - you must put them handle down. If you don't, like me, then they can go either way up.

--
****head Simon saw sexy Sheila sucking Stephen's stiff sperm sausage softly, so Simon sucked
Stuart's super sized sexrod savagely. Several sluts saw Stuart spraying spunk, soaking Sarah's
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:09:52 -0000, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 18:51:47 -0000, "Mr Macaw" wrote:

snip

You've just reminded me, I think mine actually had a flip down piece like that, which I removed and discarded as it didn't make any sense. Easiest thing in the world to use it without, you place 10 items of cutlery in each section, business end up. Then take them all out together after the wash. Nothing could be simpler.

Yes. Simpler would be to just chuck them all in one basket but every
stage between that and having them held individually will give you the
cleaning range from 'lucky dip' to 'perfect every time'. (because a
fork isn't sitting inside a spoon etc).

10 at a time works fine. They shuffle about with the water jets anyway. If you had no dividers, they wouldn't stay upright, then they would stick together.

--
Many years ago in Scotland, a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 19:27:07 -0000, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:

Mine is a Beko too, 1-2 years old. It's got the same basket I've seen in
everybody's dishwasher - about a foot long and 6 inches wide divided into
8 compartments. You shove about 10 bits of cutlery into each. Do you really
have to place every individual piece of cutlery in one by one? You'd be
quicker washing them by hand!

No, ours isn't like that. It's around the same size overall as yours,
but has two top pieces which make a grid into which you drop the
cutlery. It was a little awkward at first since previous dishwashers
were like yours but it's not so bad now and actually quiten handy when
getting them out.

Trouble is that the grid holes are not circular, so you have to watch
that when you pull something out, it doesn't catch and pull the lid
off. Also the lid (top piece) is getting very ratty now after 5 years
of me having no patience with it.

Thass why when we get the kitchen redone, we're gonna get a new DW with
a top tray for the cutlery.

Why not just remove the offending lid like I did?

--
"These stretch pants come with a warranty of one year or 500,000 calories... whichever comes first."

Health and softy gone mad Tough Guy no. 1265 UK diy 156 November 28th 15 05:15 AM
Health and Softy twatt Uncle Peter[_2_] UK diy 252 May 28th 14 01:36 AM
Dishwashers GMM UK diy 26 July 1st 12 06:37 PM
Effin Softy Act The Medway Handyman UK diy 48 August 23rd 11 12:47 AM
Am I a big softy? The Medway Handyman UK diy 30 November 16th 08 02:48 PM