Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 downighter with PIR?

Our porch is lit with three led downlighters. I'd like to add a motion
sensor and I'm sure that there are plenty of sensors that would do but if
possible (and if such a thing exists), I'd prefer a downlighter with a
built in sensor that could be used to control the other two.

Any suggestions for either a combined sensor or a discrete one that I can
set into the ceiling?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/16 15:02, Tim+ wrote:
Our porch is lit with three led downlighters. I'd like to add a motion
sensor and I'm sure that there are plenty of sensors that would do but if
possible (and if such a thing exists), I'd prefer a downlighter with a
built in sensor that could be used to control the other two.

Any suggestions for either a combined sensor or a discrete one that I can
set into the ceiling?

Tim

Quite a few options he
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tch/index.html

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/02/16 15:02, Tim+ wrote:
Our porch is lit with three led downlighters. I'd like to add a motion
sensor and I'm sure that there are plenty of sensors that would do but if
possible (and if such a thing exists), I'd prefer a downlighter with a
built in sensor that could be used to control the other two.

Any suggestions for either a combined sensor or a discrete one that I can
set into the ceiling?

Tim

Quite a few options he
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tch/index.html

Cheers. This one would probably do if no combined unit exists.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMSLFM360.html

Just prefer not to drill another hole in the ceiling.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/02/16 17:05, Tim+ wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/02/16 15:02, Tim+ wrote:
Our porch is lit with three led downlighters. I'd like to add a motion
sensor and I'm sure that there are plenty of sensors that would do but if
possible (and if such a thing exists), I'd prefer a downlighter with a
built in sensor that could be used to control the other two.

Any suggestions for either a combined sensor or a discrete one that I can
set into the ceiling?

Tim

Quite a few options he
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tch/index.html

Cheers. This one would probably do if no combined unit exists.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMSLFM360.html

Just prefer not to drill another hole in the ceiling.

??

That is a flush-mount sensor and needs a 75mm hole cut in the ceiling.
See third bullet point on page 3 "Tools and parts needed" at
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Smiths/SMSLV360E_Install.pdf

You need the surface mount equivalent if you don't want to cut another hole:
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMSLW360.html

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/02/16 17:05, Tim+ wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:
On 06/02/16 15:02, Tim+ wrote:
Our porch is lit with three led downlighters. I'd like to add a motion
sensor and I'm sure that there are plenty of sensors that would do but if
possible (and if such a thing exists), I'd prefer a downlighter with a
built in sensor that could be used to control the other two.

Any suggestions for either a combined sensor or a discrete one that I can
set into the ceiling?

Tim

Quite a few options he
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_In...tch/index.html

Cheers. This one would probably do if no combined unit exists.
https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/SMSLFM360.html

Just prefer not to drill another hole in the ceiling.

??

Just badly phrased it. If no combined unit exists I'll use one of those
(and drill the required hole).

Tim

GU10 LED replacements Fevric J. Glandules UK diy 20 March 15th 15 09:21 AM
GU10 oddity Iain UK diy 21 February 22nd 13 12:41 PM
GU10 shattered Lee UK diy 12 April 22nd 09 05:11 PM
Which GU10 bulb? [email protected] UK diy 7 November 8th 08 01:58 PM
GU10 lamps Ariadne UK diy 2 August 12th 08 09:38 PM