Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default no more nails types of grab adhesive

Hello,

I used to use Toolstations' "glue screws" cartridge adhesive but it
seems they have discontinued it. So I was using their "gun a nail"
instead:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p48295

This is solvent free but seems to have gone up in price recently. I
see they also sell "instant nails" from the same manufacturer:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhe...e+310ml/p51064

Is there much difference between these or can I save some money and
use the cheaper one?

They are both solvent free, so I presume this means they are water
based?

Can I use them with moisture resistant plasterboard or will the fact
that it is moisture resistant stop it from working with a water based
adhesive?

Would a water based adhesive fail when wet or once cured, does it not
matter? Would I be better using a solvent version?

Thanks,
Stephen.

best grab adhesive Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 7 April 26th 11 11:18 PM
best grab adhesive sm_jamieson UK diy 8 April 25th 11 09:15 PM
Which grab adhesive? pete UK diy 9 February 18th 11 09:30 AM
grab adhesive (removal) Fred UK diy 0 December 20th 07 05:57 PM
Cerafix Grabs Like Nails/ B&Q Exterior Grab Adhesive (information) jim UK diy 0 August 16th 06 11:32 AM