Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Asterite for kitchen sink, any good?

On Saturday, November 27, 1999 at 8:00:00 AM UTC, jid wrote:
Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a kitchen sink made out of stuff called
Asterite from a company called Astracast. It comes with a ten year
guarantee and the manufacturers claim it's jolly good. I'd be
interested in knowing whether it resists chipping, and given that
we're going for white, how does it stand up to staining?

All the best, Jon

(please remove NOSPAMs if replying by email)

Jon. We have had an Asterite sink for 27 years,does stain with tea etc but an overnight soak with mild bleach soon cures. Cleans easily and would buy another.
NO other problems at all.Hard water- we have to keep scale at bay by wiping dry and descaling regularly all things that have contact with water. If you look after products they last longer.
John King
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 09:49:24 UTC, wrote:
[...]

Somehow I suspect he has made his decision already. The question was asked in 1999 after all.

NT

Kitchen sink collects water in the quarter inch between sink andbackplate Adair Bordon Home Repair 17 February 20th 16 02:55 PM
Minimum distance between a kitchen socket and the kitchen sink? Stephen H UK diy 9 April 4th 12 10:09 AM
Asterite Sinks Rod UK diy 2 March 7th 08 05:37 PM
Good quality kitchen sink on a budget David Hearn UK diy 5 August 16th 05 10:20 PM
kitchen sink problem: want single-flow crosstop deck sink mixer... but height clearance limited james UK diy 6 March 30th 04 02:43 PM