Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anonymous thermostat

During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat
controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed* did
not come with any setting instructions and that senior management was
complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding
anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the
description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of 4
push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet
workplace.

Any pointers?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:56:25 +0000
Tim Lamb wrote:

During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat
controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed*
did not come with any setting instructions and that senior management
was complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding
anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the
description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of
4 push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet
workplace.

Any pointers?

Can she pull off the cover, or is this likely to result in its
destruction? There may be some information behind this.

You could think about replacing the 'stat with a known one. Maybe
£20-£25 (and set the internal setpoint high limit while you're doing
it).

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Davey
writes
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 08:56:25 +0000
Tim Lamb wrote:

During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat
controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed*
did not come with any setting instructions and that senior management
was complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding
anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the
description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of
4 push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet
workplace.

Any pointers?

Can she pull off the cover, or is this likely to result in its
destruction? There may be some information behind this.

Safety issues for the technically unawa-)

You could think about replacing the 'stat with a known one. Maybe
£20-£25 (and set the internal setpoint high limit while you're doing
it).

I don't know the switched load. Fitted within the last 3 years so the
data sheet must be out there somewhere.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/02/2016 08:56, Tim Lamb wrote:
During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat
controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed* did
not come with any setting instructions and that senior management was
complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding
anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the
description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of 4
push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet workplace.

How about:

http://www.menred.de/english/productshow.php?id=123

or

http://www.menred.de/english/productshow.php?id=119

??

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John
Rumm writes
On 01/02/2016 08:56, Tim Lamb wrote:
During a brief visit my daughter complained that the thermostat
controlling the electric underfloor heating in their *garden shed* did
not come with any setting instructions and that senior management was
complaining about electricity bills:-)

I have looked on line at endless thermostat pictures without finding
anything resembling her description. A photo is promised but the
description includes... digital display and circular dial made up of 4
push buttons... No logo or any form of identification.

The *shed* is actually an insulated garden room used as a quiet workplace.

How about:

http://www.menred.de/english/productshow.php?id=123

or

http://www.menred.de/english/productshow.php?id=119

I'm still waiting for the photo! Busy person, two young children and
husband just back from Azerbaijan:-(

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 1 February 2016 11:39:00 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:
... husband just back from Azerbaijan:-(

I think we can guess what they're getting up to in the shed :-)

Owain