Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bathroom - donwlighter spotlights - halogen - loft insulation

Folks,

Just moved into a new property. The upstairs bathroom seemed chilly and having looked in the loft I can see why, the insulation material has been removed, presumably do the fitting of halogen spotlights. My initial research shows that you can't lay insulation material over these buggers as they need room to ventilate the huge amount of heat they produce.

Can I simply replace the hologens with LED bulbs and then replace my insulation material? Or do I need to fit loft-caps?

Chappie in the lighting shop wasn't 100% sure but seemed to think it would be okay as LED don't produce heat. He also said that people sometimes use upside-down ceramic plant pots as they are cheaper!

Regards
Jon