Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Too good to throw away

Having decided out desktop is no longer needed and it wasn't worth passing
on, I decided that the case would take up less room in the bin if I
stripped the innards out and flattened it..........

I was impressed by the standardisation that must have been agreed so that
components could easily be fitted and added with just a few screws.

The motherboard (ASUS) - well, I can't bring myself to throw this away. The
tiny tracks on the circuit board - the standardised sockets - the lever
operated socket for the processor. All amazing works of mass production.

The Hard Disk drive. I don't think I have ever seen such a wonderful peice
of precision engineering - all for a very low cost.

Next to appreciate on its way to the bin will be the CD drive.

The power supply has gone on e-bay as it was fairly new.Again - impressive
in the way that so many standard voltages and plugs are agreed upon.

Should I seek help?

Throw them out. Ian Field Electronic Schematics 25 May 12th 15 06:43 PM
Fix or throw away Clanger UK diy 13 March 20th 15 08:08 PM
I never throw anything away Bill who putters Home Repair 59 November 21st 10 03:32 PM
O/T: Throw Another Log On The Fire Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 30 April 24th 10 04:14 AM
I don’t have a spare Million to throw on property...where can i buy affordable property and make good real estate investments in Brazil? [email protected] Home Ownership 0 June 14th 09 02:39 PM