Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I never throw anything away

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Posted to alt.home.repair

That was easy. Waldo is sitting on it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 16, 7:09*pm, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:02:54 -0500, Bill who putters

wrote:
Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. *Do you never throw out stuff especially if *
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. *Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Please start the Harley so we can follow the sound.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

FWIW, I think the lost bike is to the right of the grey coil of wire(?) and
the left of the rectangular bucket with the blue label with the red line
across it. I assume that because the reflective license plate (we have to
turn ours in now under serious penalty) is overexposed as it would be in a
flash photo at precisely the right angle. What is the vehicle with the red
milk crate and orange wire in the back? We have a lot of the same junk,
although my wife would fail you big time on the fluorescent lamps stored
glass out. (-: And maybe that sky-hooked ladder depending on its moorings.

I have a personal question. Feel free to ignore it. Are you both married,
singled, widowed or what? I married late in life, and as part of that
Faustian bargain (which has worked out pretty well so far) I agreed to a
serious decluttering of my bachelor life style. Implementation, however,
has proceeded at Federal contracting speed (as in not much progress for the
last 4 years and then a sudden flurry of work as final deliverables come
due). (-:

However, a big move (our last, we've agreed) is on the horizon and has
brought a sort of shocking realization. Nineteen Pentium 3 and 4 class
machines will have to go, the collection of 3/4" furniture-grade plywood and
scraps must go, 300' or so feet of double-slotted shelving standards and
matching brackets must go (my junk is at least well organized!), stacks of
old VCR, receivers, TV's, cassette decks, darkroom gear, CCTV gear, conduit,
miles of smurf tube, spools of wire (250' 12-2 Romex NIB OS - marked
$14.23 - guess what year I bought *that*), all must go. Oh, the humanity.
Not moving looks pretty attractive compared to the ocean of junk that needs
to be dealt with!

Anyway, our big concern now is what are of the US (or maybe even outside the
US) meets our needs and desires and isn't going to turn into a "tax the
property owners to death" state because of the projected shortfalls in local
government revenues. She wants to be near an area with good skiing within
driving range (mostly because flying is now such a hassle) and I want to
live in a climate like San Diego. So far, it's been a tough search.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

Bobby G.- Hide quoted text -

They have a series of shows on TV these days called "HOARDERS". The
guys and gals on tv make you guys seem like beginners.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving.

I'm more likely to get rid oft something that is useful than that is
not. I'll give away something that I can replace at a store, but lots
of things I save I couldn't buy if I tried.

Especially if there is a way to store them. I store long thin things
together, flat things together, boxes within each other (although then
I forget what is in the biggest box.)

Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort

Or firewire.

of makes recycling harder for sure.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2010-11-17, wrote:

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

Right behind the stock HD taillight which is jes under that super reflecting
license plate.

Is it for sale?

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

The rule at my shop is that if I throw it out, I will need it within 72
hours. And it doesn't matter that it's been sitting there for ten years or
not. And it happens every f time.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 20:53:37 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

What is the vehicle with the red
milk crate and orange wire in the back?

Club Car golf cart

Ah - at first I thought the Harley had a side car. I've got a proliferation
of power wheelchairs and scooters I bought for about 10 cents on the dollar
from Ebay. For a while, it was hard to get hold of good used power chairs
because of the BattleBot craze. Anyone know if they still holding
tournaments?

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a personal question. Feel free to ignore it. Are you both

married,
singled, widowed or what? I married late in life, and as part of that
Faustian bargain (which has worked out pretty well so far) I agreed to a
serious decluttering of my bachelor life style. Implementation, however,
has proceeded at Federal contracting speed (as in not much progress for

the
last 4 years and then a sudden flurry of work as final deliverables come
due). (-:

Married but my wife keeps my junk contained in the garage, shed and my
computer room.

Ah, a combination of peaceful co-existence and containment. (-;

Nineteen Pentium 3 and 4 class
machines will have to go

I have a room full of PC hardware too.. We have 8 or 9 around the
house doing something and I have another dozen in various states of
assembly.

Just a room full? (-:

I gradually replaced them with Fujitsu tablets from Ebay that had touch
screens ten years before the Ipad showed up and that draw about 17W each
(and even less on standby) compared to the 135W the desktops ate. The
desktops were all hand-built, and each one was usually a slight improvement
over the one it was replacing. The years that PIII's were evolving saw an
incredible number of "must have" changes - USB 2.0, XGA, gigabyte hard
disks, CD and DVD burners and more. It's not that way anymore. The only
thing the old 400-600MHz PC's won't do well is record/process HD TV or play
the latest video games (SFW!).

Ironically software of the period has no problem playing MPG files and
DVD's, but not versions that are just a few years newer. Now programmers are
so used to having oodles of memory, CPU and diskspace that nothing's coded
compactly or elegantly anymore. I just bought a Toshiba laptop with Win7
because a few sites we deal with demand more recent software than W2KPro,
but I hate it. I would like to know how much productivity has been lost
nationwide having people learn new ways of doing things that aren't really
better, just different. I recall Steve Jobs saying that Apple's quicker
boot time saved the world thousands of man years when you add up all the
time people sit around waiting for their PC's to boot up. I mean why change
"Find" to "Search" unless you're just out to confuse your customers?

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. *Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. *Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

The rule at my shop is that if I throw it out, I will need it within 72
hours. *And it doesn't matter that it's been sitting there for ten years or
not. *And it happens every f time.

Steve- Hide quoted text -

I once tossed a pile of machine covers, never needed them.

put them in pile outside, had ice storm and snow so they didnt finish
their trip to the garbage.

a day later i needed one of those covers, ended up digging it out of
the ice and sold it a quick 50 bucks plus a very long term
customer
Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

wrote:

Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I still have stuff my grandfather couldn't throw away, why should I
throw away my own stuff?

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. *Do you never throw out stuff especially if *
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. *Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Is that a picture of Jack Kennedy on the wall (the ladder is pointing
at it)?

Mike
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 16, 11:02*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
*Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. *Do you never throw out stuff especially if *
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. *Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Us hoarders are members of a world wide cult. We know if we throw
anything out, we'll need it the next day.
We are a generous lot. If someone wants something from our hoards,
they are welcome. All my neighbours have hoards. We all know what's
in one another's hoards. Often we don't have to buy nuthin'!
We never throw nuthin' out!
"Recycling" is old hat to us.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Ron wrote in
:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 17:00:08 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

harry wrote in news:6f05695c-cd7c-4412-9738-
:

*
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of
various cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or
firewall. *Sor
of makes recycling harder for sure.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Us hoarders are members of a world wide cult. We know if we throw
anything out, we'll need it the next day.
We are a generous lot. If someone wants something from our hoards,
they are welcome. All my neighbours have hoards. We all know what's
in one another's hoards. Often we don't have to buy nuthin'!
We never throw nuthin' out!
"Recycling" is old hat to us.

Then there's that piece of lumber you saved because you KNEW you would
need it some day...pull it out...and it's an inch short.

Sounds like a "personal" problem! LOL

Got me! LOL. Advertising I have short wood - not good :-(
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

[...]

I pick up old computers at the 2nd hand store, get them going and give
them away to someone that doesn't have one. A pretty good hobby and
cheap. Some of the P4s I hate to let go but there's always another one
sooner or later. Main problem lately is people are taking the hard
drives out before donating them to the God place that has the 2nd hand
store. That place is filling up with old CRT TVs as people switch over
to HDTV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Robert Green wrote:
Anyway, our big concern now is what are of the US (or maybe even
outside the US) meets our needs and desires and isn't going to turn
into a "tax the property owners to death" state because of the
projected shortfalls in local government revenues. She wants to be
near an area with good skiing within driving range (mostly because
flying is now such a hassle) and I want to live in a climate like San
Diego. So far, it's been a tough search.

central az above the rim. mild winters, warm but not hot summers, driving to
ski is 2-3 hours north, beach in mexico is 5 hours away south, san diego is
7 hours away west, and you're not in kalifornia.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:09:43 -0500, wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That is
a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood that is
too short.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" wrote in message
news

"Oren" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:04:08 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

They have a series of shows on TV these days called "HOARDERS". The
guys and gals on tv make you guys seem like beginners.

Just recently in Las Vegas a woman went missing. After days of decay
they found her body under a pile of hoarded stuff. The husband was
the usual first suspect. He was cleared of any wrongdoing.

Somebody find the cite for those two brothers in New York City, I believe.
They had a whole building. They made booby traps, and one got caught in

one
of his own under tons of newspapers. They found him a few years later.
They had even brought in a Ford Model T frame and partial car. Happened
probably in the thirties or forties, and they found out about the missing
brother when the surviving one got sick.

Collyer Brothers, the patron saints of hoarders:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyer_brothers

Homer Lusk Collyer (November 6, 1881 - March 21, 1947) and Langley Collyer
(October 3, 1885 - March 1947) were two American brothers who became famous
because of their snobbish nature, filth in their home, and compulsive
hoarding. For decades, neighborhood rumors swirled around the rarely seen,
unemployed men and their home at 2078 Fifth Avenue (at the corner of 128th
Street), in Manhattan, where they obsessively collected newspapers, books,
furniture, musical instruments, and many other items, with booby traps set
up in corridors and doorways to protect against intruders. Both were
eventually found dead in the Harlem brownstone where they had lived as
hermits, surrounded by over 130 tons of waste that they had amassed over
several decades.[1]

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 16, 11:02*pm, Bill who putters wrote:
*Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. *Do you never throw out stuff especially if *
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. *Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. *Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

Heh Heh. You American don't know anything about hoarders. This hoard
was seized by the government to pay taxes. Worth millions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlumpf_Collection

Now I only got junk! :-)
Have alook through this one. Of particular interest to Americans
judging by the interest shown here previously.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in news:gtf8e69t90it2hbf4n46mj86k3ip63tire@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:09:43 -0500, wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That is
a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood that is
too short.

I think gfretwell's pic is gonna become the Mona Lisa of a.h.r.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That is
a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood that is
too short.

Nope small electric pressure cleaner.

Many years ago I read that the biggest unsolved problem to machine
vision was developing the ability to identify objects that were 95%
obscured by other objects. We can go out to the shop and look at a table
with 350 things piled on it, and pick up something from under 12 other
things. Sometimes based on a visible sliver, and sometimes based on
nothing more than the degree to which it tilts whatever is on top of it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote in
news

wrote:

[...]

And if the item is not exactly as we last remember it (colors, shape,
finish) we overlook it right in front of us 87 times.

Well OK, maybe not "we". Just "I" :-(

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 15:43:10 GMT, Red Green
wrote:

Oren wrote in news:gtf8e69t90it2hbf4n46mj86k3ip63tire@
4ax.com:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:09:43 -0500, wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room in
the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That is
a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood that is
too short.

I think gfretwell's pic is gonna become the Mona Lisa of a.h.r.

Maybe he will add pics of the two sheds. That ought to be a hoot.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote in
news
wrote:

Oren wrote in
news:gtf8e69t90it2hbf4n46mj86k3ip63tire@ 4ax.com:

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:09:43 -0500, wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room
in the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That
is a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood
that is too short.

I think gfretwell's pic is gonna become the Mona Lisa of a.h.r.

Maybe he will add pics of the two sheds. That ought to be a hoot.

The jealousy will kill me. But some day he too will fall from glory...as
all competitive heros do sigh.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

They have a series of shows on TV these days called "HOARDERS". The
guys and gals on tv make you guys seem like beginners.

Just recently in Las Vegas a woman went missing. After days of decay
they found her body under a pile of hoarded stuff. The husband was
the usual first suspect. He was cleared of any wrongdoing.

That was very similar to the case of Homer and Langley Collyer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collyer_brothers

Langley was suspected in the death of his brother and was the subject of a
huge manhunt after his brother's body was discovered when neighbors
complained about an unpleasant odor. It turned out he had died a few weeks
before, killed by a booby trap of newspapers he had made to keep thieves
out. His blind and invalid brother Homer also died soon after Langley, who
had been caring for him. The newspapers of the time kept running articles
about the supposed treasure trove the brothers had in their mansion which
inspired near nightly raids on their house. Hence the booby traps, which
like so many other such traps, ending up trapping its maker and not the
criminals it was intended for.

Hoarding is an affliction that seems to bother observers a lot more than it
does the hoarder. In many cases, when there is an "intervention" the
hoarder either quickly restocks the hoard or dies very soon after from the
incredible stress of watching stuff (mostly junk) that they've come to
treasure, being dumped in the trash. Just imagine how you would feel if
someone came in and threw out most of your belongings? In the case of
hoarders, they attach great value to things you and I would consider junk.
So, to them, it's as if someone came in and junked their big screen TV,
their tools, their clothes, etc.

It's thought to be an obsessive-compulsive disorder, but its causes,
treatment and cure are still quite elusive. I save stuff because once I
have something, and know where it is, it becomes part of my brain. Throwing
it out seems to be like deliberately forgetting something. Many of the
hoarders I've seen are quite intelligent and well aware of their "problem"
and show very little interest in changing their ways. There's a hierarchy
of hoarding listed he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compulsive_hoarding

I am not quite sure where I stratify, but I think it's level II (or maybe
III).

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"FatterDumber& Happier Moe" wrote in
message

stuff snipped

I pick up old computers at the 2nd hand store, get them going and give
them away to someone that doesn't have one. A pretty good hobby and
cheap. Some of the P4s I hate to let go but there's always another one
sooner or later. Main problem lately is people are taking the hard
drives out before donating them to the God place that has the 2nd hand
store. That place is filling up with old CRT TVs as people switch over
to HDTV.

I used to give away the old machines, but it turned out to be a bad idea. I
became the technical support for such machines, and a common complaint was
"They won't play insert popular game of the month here" I would tell the
parents that's a GOOD thing, because kids will be using the machines for
schoolwork and not game playing. Didn't matter.

I finally gave up after one person kept installing animated cursors and
boatloads of some of the seediest looking PD shareware garbage that slowed
an already slow (200MHz PII) down pretty seriously. It was still absolutely
fine for schoolwork, running Quicken, making Powerpoint presentations, etc.
I ran for years doing programming and WP - had an AST TurboLaser board and
laser that went with it (that's about the time HP won the laser printer
wars). I told them that at the time, the machine and laser printer were
still worth at least $700 and they were over $6000 new. Something just
slightly faster from Circuit City would cost at least $1000 and wouldn't
come with a laser printer or any service other than "you need to reformat
and reload."

One day, when I realized I hadn't heard from them in a while, I called only
to find out that they had "junked it" and as far as I could tell, they were
still having the same old problems with their new Circuit City computer,
multiplied by 10 because now they were on the Internet and corresponding
with Nigerian Princes with slight banking problems. (-:

And that's why there are 19 PC's stacked in the basement. Less trouble for
me to hang on to and possibly be able to restore an Email from 15 years ago
if I ever needed to. I stopped doing almost all my tech support efforts
after that, figuring that the old saw was right "no deed goes unpunished."
I am kind of looking forward to seeing which ones will start up after a
5-15 years nap. I'm betting it won't be many. My laptop collection has not
fared well without exercise. The New Year's resolution that I would
exercise them lasted about as long as they all do. Some beep, some don't
and some have their CMOS backup batteries located in impossible to service
places

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
dgk dgk is offline

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:27:09 -0500, "Robert Green"
wrote:

[...]

I also have a wall of beige in the basement. Luckily it really doesn't
take up much room since it's only 6" thick or so. I could probably
just pull all the drives, copy all the data onto a tiny sliver of a
spare 1tb drive, and get rid of them all. But they do no harm sitting
there. One is a 450 that I overclocked to 500. One is a 120. Somehow I
doubt I'll ever need them again.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 18:02:54 -0500, Bill who putters wrote:
Some times it looks like my garage is cluttered but those old bolts etc
can be used in other ways. Do you never throw out stuff especially if
is has possible multiple use options? Guess it could be called part
saving. Funny I save no electronic stuff with the exception of various
cables but find the connectors keep changing like UBS or firewall. Sort
of makes recycling harder for sure.

Yeah, I keep pretty much everything. I've got my scrap wood piles, my
scrap metal piles, my scrap electronics pile etc. - I manage to keep it
pretty well sorted (with different piles for different size things, too),
and am lucky in that I've got a few sheds and big storage areas. It's
surprising how often I dig into them to fix something that's broken.

The frustrating thing is that I moved overseas a few years back, and
still have similar piles in (free, thankfully) storage abroad - I keep
putting off the day when I suspect I'm simply going to have to dump them.
Plus it's really annoying when I know that I have something that I could
use to fix something else, but it's 4000 miles away (the electronics are
the worst for that - I'm not in a high-tech area here, but I've got boxes
and boxes of scrap/salvaged components in overseas storage)

cheers

Jules
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in
:

wrote:

I have a problem throwing stuff away too. I have 2 sheds and a room
in the house that look like this too.

Your mission, find the Harley in this picture (1970 FLH)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/garage.jpg

Hey look y'all. A pathway over here.

My pathway is in the shape of a "J". I can really git around in
there..

For the poster that called "gray wire?" next to the scooter. That
is a paint sprayer hose. Right beside the cycle, next to the wood
that is too short.

I think gfretwell's pic is gonna become the Mona Lisa of a.h.r.

Maybe he will add pics of the two sheds. That ought to be a hoot.

This is the shed(s) actually 2 back to back. The bricks are pavers
dumpsterdived from my wife's construction dumpsters and the back shed
is block and steel scavenged from the same place.

I will open the doors and shoot pictures if you want.
on the side is a bunch of roof tile and more pavers

The steel doors and glass block in the back shed were scavenged too.

http://gfretwell.com/electrical/bric...ed%20house.jpg

I see you learned well from the 3 little pigs. Brick. How did you get in
on the DIY show unlimited landscape budget?

(really is a decent shed)

Fix or throw away Clanger UK diy 13 March 20th 15 08:08 PM
O/T: Throw Another Log On The Fire Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 30 April 24th 10 04:14 AM
Throw away woodworking tip SonomaProducts.com Woodworking 18 March 25th 10 06:08 PM