Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default How can I apply heat to iron-on veneer when there's no room for an iron?

It's not accessible with even a small iron. How about a hair dryer?

MM
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/11/2015 15:12, MM wrote:
It's not accessible with even a small iron. How about a hair dryer?

MM

Hot air gun might be better. I have a soldering iron with a cranked bit
which might be another candidate, depending on the geometry. Maybe you
are going to have to make a tool.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MM wrote:
It's not accessible with even a small iron. How about a hair dryer?

MM

No. You need to apply heat and pressure. Make up a flat metal tool that
will fit in and heat that - not too hot and press into place.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I have done it with a heat gun and a piece of wood to press it down. Just do not set it on paint stripping temp.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Most iron on veneer needs the pressure so hair driers heat guns etc have to
be out.
A fairly large iron with a bit replaced with a tool strong enough to press
it without bending.
I suppose one could not attache it before one fits the actual piece to
whatever you are making , could it?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active