Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Whats gas boiler worth?

Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

2 year old open vented gas boiler? An antique surely?

Good luck with that. Have a look on eBay for completed sales if you want to
know what folk are prepared to pay.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 10/11/2015 23:19, Tim+ wrote:
An antique surely?

At only 2 years old and still one year warranty!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 21:35:35 UTC, ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

Check ebay. Expect disappointment.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 21:35:35 UTC, ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

Worth sweet FA I would say.
What's the point of changing it antway?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
On 10/11/2015 23:19, Tim+ wrote:
An antique surely?

At only 2 years old and still one year warranty!

I think I'm mixing up open vented with open flued. ;-). That said, is there
any boiler that can't be used in a sealed system and if not, why not?

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 11/11/2015 07:17, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 21:35:35 UTC, ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

Worth sweet FA I would say.
What's the point of changing it antway?

Not quite sure, its a mate who is `gas safe` registered and he does
contract work for a guy who owns loads of flats, he has to take it out
for whatever reason, we just thought a bit of a waste to dump it if it
can be sold on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

Thinking of selling it on but what price?

How much does it weigh?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 11/11/2015 09:35, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

Thinking of selling it on but what price?

How much does it weigh?

29k, postage for similar on ebay charge £50
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

How much does it weigh?

29k, postage for similar on ebay charge £50

I was thinking more of scrap merchant scales, than post office scales :-P

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 10:28:05 UTC, ss wrote:

29k, postage for similar on ebay charge £50

https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/large-heavy-parcels

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 11/11/2015 10:30, Andy Burns wrote:
ss wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

How much does it weigh?

29k, postage for similar on ebay charge £50

I was thinking more of scrap merchant scales, than post office scales :-P

Nah probably not worth the effort. The gas fitter doesnt bother with
scrap, when he does a gas fit he dumps all the stuff in the drive and
another guy collects it for scrap, thats how the `other` guy gets paid.
It lets the fitter get on with fitting and this arrangement gets all the
rubbish cleared away with the `other` guy making whatever he makes from
the scrap.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

As a consumer, I will generally get charged £1000-1500 for fitting, on
top of the cost of the boiler. Given that these days boilers only last
5-10 years, it's false economy to use a secondhand boiler that's got a
two year lower lifespan.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, November 11, 2015 at 3:02:10 PM UTC, GB wrote:
As a consumer, I will generally get charged £1000-1500 for fitting, on
top of the cost of the boiler. Given that these days boilers only last
5-10 years, it's false economy to use a secondhand boiler that's got a
two year lower lifespan.

Depends if its a popular make if so may be worth breaking for bits. I just had a clear out of two u/s Worcester 24i's, I sold the timers on ebay (BIN) within an hour for £15 each. Other parts now listed and being 'watched'. I stripped the brass and copper and will weigh that in next time, sadly the steel carcass is now worthless due to the world surplus. Probably make about £50-75 per boiler, and best of all it gives me summat to do now I'm retired !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
On 11/11/2015 07:17, harry wrote:
On Tuesday, 10 November 2015 21:35:35 UTC, ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

Worth sweet FA I would say.
What's the point of changing it antway?

Not quite sure, its a mate who is `gas safe` registered and he does
contract work for a guy who owns loads of flats, he has to take it out
for whatever reason, we just thought a bit of a waste to dump it if it
can be sold on.

I guess it'll be a "rip out a gravity system & tank and replace with a
combi". If you own a lot of flats I suppose it simplifies maintenance if
you fit the same boiler in them all. A bit like ISPs giving away
router/modems. Makes support much easier.

Tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/11/2015 07:42, Tim+ wrote:
ss wrote:
On 10/11/2015 23:19, Tim+ wrote:
An antique surely?

At only 2 years old and still one year warranty!

I think I'm mixing up open vented with open flued. ;-). That said, is there
any boiler that can't be used in a sealed system and if not, why not?

There are a number of modern boilers designed to be used on vented
primaries (e.g. Vailant 400 series). One could possibly convert them to
sealed operation, but why bother when you can get one designed that way
in the first place?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/11/2015 21:35, ss wrote:
Any gas fitters that could put a figure on the value of this boiler.
Its an Intergas compact wall mounted, open vent 30kw gas boiler.
2 years old with one year warrenty still left.

Thinking of selling it on but what price? A new one listed at £851
although thats probably top end list so maybe a discounter/wholesaler
would be cheaper.

If its as new, in box, and never been fitted, you could probably flog it
on ebay for a few hundred - say £400 tops. If its been fitted and used,
then treat it as worthless. You may get tens very low hundreds, but
don't count on it, as the market will be very limited.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 20:52:29 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

If its as new, in box, and never been fitted, you could probably flog it
on ebay for a few hundred - say £400 tops. If its been fitted and used,
then treat it as worthless. You may get tens very low hundreds, but
don't count on it, as the market will be very limited.

What's the panel's view on buying boilers on ebay?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 November 2015 20:52:29 UTC, John Rumm wrote:

If its as new, in box, and never been fitted, you could probably flog
it on ebay for a few hundred - say £400 tops. If its been fitted and
used, then treat it as worthless. You may get tens very low hundreds,
but don't count on it, as the market will be very limited.

What's the panel's view on buying boilers on ebay?

Bought a new Viessmann from Ebay some years ago. Almost 200 quid cheaper
delivered than the local Viessmann agent. No complaints.

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.