Ged

Default Low voltage Connectors & transformers-sourcing

Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic
transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair
so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced
cheaply.

Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..Any suggestions as to
online suppliers

Thanks

Ged
biscuit

cpc.co.uk do the fitting min order 5 off..
or i can supply one for £2.50 incl p&p

would ne a pic of light to advise on transformer.

remove NOSPAM for direct email address.

"Ged" wrote in message
om...
Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic
transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair
so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced
cheaply.

Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..Any suggestions as to
online suppliers

Thanks

Ged

Alan

In message , Ged
wrote
Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic
transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair
so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced
cheaply.

Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

Possibly not the cheapest but I just happen to have a catalogue in front
of me

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPC5.html

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind.../Lighting_Tran
sformers/index.html

--
Alan

geoff

In message , biscuit
writes
cpc.co.uk do the fitting min order 5 off..
or i can supply one for £2.50 incl p&p

would ne a pic of light to advise on transformer.

500W jobbie ...

--
geoff
geoff

In message , Alan
writes
In message , Ged
wrote
Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic
transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair
so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced
cheaply.

Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

Possibly not the cheapest but I just happen to have a catalogue in
front of me

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPC5.html

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Ind.../Lighting_Tran
sformers/index.html

RS, Farnell, Maplin, CPC ...

--
geoff

Owain

"Ged" wrote
| Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V
| Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed.
| One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights
| if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.

Any DIY or electrical place will have a range, for various values of best
and cheap, including Maplin

| Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
| into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
| this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
| from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
| 2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

If the bulb is 35mm across it's probably G4 base - Maplin KJ77J
If the bulb is 50mm across it's probably GX5.3 base - Maplin VJ11M

If it happens to be G6.3 then Maplin KH72P

| I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..

Maplin, 126 Dalry Rd, near Somerfield. Tel 313-5551. Parking behind shop.

Owain

Flexible connectors PoP UK diy 9 October 23rd 03 05:44 PM
Battery Voltage spec Andrew McKay UK diy 10 August 21st 03 11:42 PM