Owain

Default Low voltage Connectors & transformers-sourcing

"Ged" wrote
| Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V
| Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed.
| One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights
| if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.

Any DIY or electrical place will have a range, for various values of best
and cheap, including Maplin

| Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs
| into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace
| this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs
| from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about
| 2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.

If the bulb is 35mm across it's probably G4 base - Maplin KJ77J
If the bulb is 50mm across it's probably GX5.3 base - Maplin VJ11M

If it happens to be G6.3 then Maplin KH72P

| I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..

Maplin, 126 Dalry Rd, near Somerfield. Tel 313-5551. Parking behind shop.

Owain