Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rope lights

Can anyone offer advise on assembling "cut to length" rope lights? The one I
have just received from TLC has a plug in electrical connector with no
advice on how far in this thing should go. I can only get it in for the
length of the thin part of the prongs. It the has a thicker barbed section
should this be forced in as well?

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 29 October 2015 11:58:34 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Can anyone offer advise on assembling "cut to length" rope lights? The one I
have just received from TLC has a plug in electrical connector with no
advice on how far in this thing should go. I can only get it in for the
length of the thin part of the prongs. It the has a thicker barbed section
should this be forced in as well?

I don't think so.

Once the power connector prongs go into the rope the connector butts up to the rope, then the connector+rope slides into the shell and is glued with stuff

At least that's what it looks like

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Images/...613SLASHCK.JPG

The instructions are a wonder of cut-and-paste chinese into HTML

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technic...Duralight1.htm

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Thanks Owain

I did ask TLC if they have instructions and received this reply;

"Good Afternoon Mike
Many thanks for your email.
We do not have any instructions to provide i am sorry to say.
The Connectors need to pushed in as far as you can just so they make the
connection. I do not believe you will be able to push the pins in so they
are completely flush as it will be too tough."

So I didn't bother searching their website!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 30 October 2015 09:33:01 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
I did ask TLC if they have instructions and received this reply;
"Good Afternoon Mike
Many thanks for your email.
We do not have any instructions to provide i am sorry to say.

If the product wasn't supplied with useful instructions it's not of satisfactory quality. There was a case, I think it was involving pesticide, where although the product itself was OK it wasn't supplied with clear instructions and the court held that the instructions were part of the product.

Owain

Can you put a dimmer on rope lights? Steve B[_10_] Home Repair 14 April 23rd 18 11:14 PM
saw on a rope okey Home Repair 26 May 16th 17 01:28 AM
Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 christmaslightinginstall.blogs… — Christmas Lights Los Angeles 310-925-1720 We sale christmas lights and install them for you, house lights, holiday lights, trees lights, christmas lights Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 24th 08 07:02 PM
Lights Lights Christmas Lights Installation Los Angeles, BeverlyHills, Santa Monica, Culver City, Marina Del Rey, Calabasas, Agoura HillsThousand Oaks Holiday Lights Installation 1-310-925-1720 Now You Know Home Repair 0 November 15th 08 02:25 AM
Installing rope lights Ron Home Repair 4 April 4th 07 06:11 PM