Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Winter

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:51:04 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 00:17:52 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than other ones. Who
cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Trolling, trolling, trolling ...........

How is a discussion about sigs trolling?

--
Sat opposite an Indian lady on the train today, she shut her eyes and stopped breathing. I thought she was dead, until I saw the red spot on her forehead and realised she was just on standby.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than other ones. Who
cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Trolling, trolling, trolling ...........

How is a discussion about sigs trolling?

Because it is not a discussion about sigs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 04:58:26 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.
And
the
climate change activists are STILL insisting global warming is true.
****ing
retards!

I haven't bothered reading the rest of this thread because this
argument
has taken place several dozen times in *this* group alone.

However I must make this small point: "Global warming" does not mean,
and has never meant, that winters will be warm, or summers hot.

They changed the name when they realised it might not do that.
Backtracking, typical of religious morons. Now it's called "change",
any
change can be attributed to it. And it's guaranteed the climate will
change, that's what a climate does. So whatever happens, they can say
they were right, and we can continue wasting money on green ****e.

It means winters will be more miserable (wetter) and so will summers
(more unsettled) .... than what we knew as little kids (when --
obviously -- summers were always glorious, and we used to sledge every
day in in winter).

They think that. For now. Until they change their minds again.

Personally I have no view on global warming. I think that "weather"
will
continue as it always has done.

Look out the window in the morning, only then will you know what the
weather will be.

That wont tell you what the weather will be in plenty of places either.

Our forecasts are now surprisingly reliable, the max temp
predicted is usually accurate to within 1 degree, the min
not quite so reliable. Rainfall prediction not that accurate
but they normally do get it right on whether it will rain
at all or not.

Weather doesn't scare me.

Doesn't scare me either.

I don't need to know what it's going to do.

I find it quite convenient at times, particularly knowing
that its going to be quite hot so best to for a walk before
it warms up too much, or that its hot going to be hot, so
I can do it any time that suits me.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 01:04:52 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:53:09 +0100, Davey wrote:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:50:18 +0100
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:41:57 +0100,
wrote:

On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 4:20:40 PM UTC+1, Tough Guy no. 1265
wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30
years. And the climate change activists are STILL insisting
global warming is true. ****ing retards!

Every year they predict the coldest winter / longest drought etc.
It sells papers.

Indeed.

Remember the barbecue summer we were promised? I'm still waiting.....

I find it best to ignore all of them.

You clearly didn't, you frothed at the mouth instead.

What makes me froth at the mouth are the treehugging climate change
believers.

Your problem.

Look out of the window in the morning.

Not very useful when deciding whether to get the boiler
repaired before the coldest winter for 30 years happens.

That doesn't strike me as urgent.

Didn't say anything about urgent. It does make sense to fix
the boiler while it doesn't matter if its not working for a few
days rather than have it stop when its in the depth of the
worst winter for 30 years and have to stay in bed all day
to keep warm and freeze when repairing the boiler then.

If you hated the cold that much, you'd get it repaired for a normal
winter. Or just use a fan heater.

Or fix is when it doesn't matter if its off for a while.

--
Q. What's the difference between a brown-noser and a ****-head?
A. Depth perception.

That bugger should be burnt at the stake
for all the keyboards he has ruined.

Did you bring back your drink?

Nope, but plenty would have done with some of his best.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

I don't care what it's like when walking/running/cycling. It's never too hot in the UK, but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take a dip.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Makes more sense to have a heater or cooler so it's guaranteed to be right and you can make it the perfect temperature.

--
I just found out one of my friends has died.
He overdosed on indigestion liquid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Rod started it, he said my sig was missing a --.

--
Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I'm not surprised that you take notice of what that pillock feeds you.
You two pillocks should get a room in the Bates Motel and chat about
trolling.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 19:51:04 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:

[...]

Neither of us are trolls. Rod may be an idiot, but he isn't a troll. There are very few trolls about, I could only name 4.

--
Tip of the day: Do not fart in the bath while you have the runs.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 05:08:06 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:45:17 +0100, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:

"Another John" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Anyway: thanks Tough Guy for setting off this rabbit again: have a
nice
time chasing it.

Tough Guy is an unemployed

Wrong.

tosser/

You're the tosser, everyone hates you in all the groups I've seen you
in.
Even more than they hate me.

troll/ name of Peter Hucker.

What is the point of pointing out my name Steven Pounder? Shall I post
your wife's name and your home address?

History is not his friend. He has well known mental health issues.

No I don't, not that there is even such a thing as mental health.

Corse there is.

What people call "mental health problems" are just stupid folk.

Not when they murder their little kid because it's the devil etc.

That's stupidity.

Nope that's insanity.

I'm 64 VERY soon and can remember hot summers and bloody freezing
winters. Now it seems to be cooler summers and milder winters.

And in a few more decades it'll be something different again.

Probably.

We don't know what,

We can make some educated guesses.

We shouldn't spend billions on guesses.

True.

and we don't care,

Some do, even in here.

There's always some weirdos about, best to ignore them like the religious
nuts.

You don't ignore them, you point and sneer.

and nothing we do will alter it.

That is a lie.

No it isn't. The climate has always changed long before man became
"civilised".

Separate matter entirely to whether nothing we do will alter it.

Clearly we have altered the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere
quite dramatically. Whether that is producing any downsides
that matter is a quite separate question.

And the fix is obvious if it does, use nukes that don't do that.

BUT, this is all a blink in the eye of the world and as I'll be dead in
round about 20 years I don't give a flying **** what happens. HA!

That is one of the more sensible things you've said.

Not if there is a real effect. Corse whether that effect is likely to be
a serious problem is a separate matter entirely. It is clear that we have
been able to handle much more dramatic climate change like the ice ages,

Precisely, we're worrying about a tiny little thing.

and it is quite possible that climate change will be for the better in
places like that soggy little frigid island. Even you lot managed to
operate quite effectively in places like India and the darkest africa
which were quite different climate wise to that soggy little frigid
island.

Precisely, we can manage in any climate.

Can be rather less convenient in places like Antarctica tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

Yes.

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than
other ones. Who cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Yes it did, that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:36:04 +0100, Rod Speed wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

Yes.

Then why did you quote the Thames? I get the feeling you want to live in the UK sometimes.

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than
other ones. Who cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Yes it did, that one.

No, I just checked. You were replying to my original thread starter there, and I had no sig in it at all, as I'd previously emailed it and my emails don't have sigs.

--
A DC-10 had come in a little hot and thus had an exceedingly long roll out after touching down.
San Jose Tower Noted: "American 751, make a hard right turn at the end of the runway, if you are able.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

Yes.

Then why did you quote the Thames?

Because that is one obvious example of a much colder
winter than has happened for the last 30 years.

I get the feeling you want to live in the UK sometimes.

More fool you, I don't. Much too
soggy and much too cold for me.

You ****ed up, as usual.

You were replying to my original thread starter there,

Yes.

and I had no sig in it at all,

Yes it did, that one.

as I'd previously emailed it and my emails don't have sigs.

That one did, that one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

More fool you. Only a fool does that in
freezing rain and snow with a gale blowing.

It's never too hot in the UK,

But often too cold and wet.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take a
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Makes more sense to have a heater or cooler so it's guaranteed to be right
and you can make it the perfect temperature.

There is no perfect temperature.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/10/2015 4:20 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years. And
the climate change activists are STILL insisting global warming is
true. ****ing retards!

We are heading away from the Great Ice age...

--
One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 00:07:47 +0100, RayL12 wrote:

On 09/10/2015 4:20 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years. And
the climate change activists are STILL insisting global warming is
true. ****ing retards!

We are heading away from the Great Ice age...

Indeed, but we mustn't confuse the silly little greenies with things like that. Everything is man's fault.

--
Why do divorces cost so much? They're worth it. *

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2015 12:11 AM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 00:07:47 +0100, RayL12 wrote:

On 09/10/2015 4:20 PM, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years. And
the climate change activists are STILL insisting global warming is
true. ****ing retards!

We are heading away from the Great Ice age...

Indeed, but we mustn't confuse the silly little greenies with things
like that. Everything is man's fault.

....we are in the age of Aquarius. Plenty more water to come and, less
ice. At your service roughly every 24,000 years.

So, a quick forecast might be; The Great Summer of 2600 is expected to
be a little warmer this year as we pass through the equator a little
closer to the centre of the galaxy on this Great Year. Long forecast for
the next 96,000 is to expect extreme conditions of hot and cold.

As someone already said; there's a lot of water going to be in the
system. It's going to be transforming.

....Ray.

One click voting to change the world.
..https://secure.avaaz.org/en/index.php
Join Now! Be a part of people power.

Phase Conjugate Waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3wwdmwv0zk

....and, Why You Know Nothing
http://www.delusionalinsects.com/sty...-32/index.html

Startpage - The PRIVATE Search Engine!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 20:11:17 on Sat, 10 Oct
2015, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Global warming causes climate change

Er no, Global warming IS climate change..

Planet warms, climate changes, weather patterns change. In that order.

but not every place on the planet
gets a climate change which results in hotter weather. When the Jet
Stream and the Gulf Stream change their route there are winners and
losers in the local temperature stakes.

The UK is especially vulnerable to whether or not we are north or south
of the dividing line which these streams define - and moving the line by
globally insignificant amounts like a few hundred miles has a *huge*
effect on our weather.

Big deal.

It may or may not be depending on which little bit of the planet you
live and if the resulting weather changes make it noticeably more or
less inhabitable/comfortable.

So basically global warming makes things hotter or colder, or indeed
just the same..

yerrrs..

That's right. But Scotland is north of Moscow - fancy having the same
sort of winters they do?

This one is for you Roland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdxaxJNs15s

Anyone can produce propaganda.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
So basically global warming makes things hotter or colder, or indeed
just the same..

No. It changes the climate from the 'norm' in different parts of the world.

And your village isn't the world.

--
*Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 13:34:33 on
Sun, 11 Oct 2015, Tim Streater remarked:

That's right. But Scotland is north of Moscow - fancy having the same
sort of winters they do?

They're in the middle of a ****ing great continent

It's not much warmer in St Petersburg.

and we've got the Gulf Stream (at the mo).

At last, someone is getting the message.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
That's right. But Scotland is north of Moscow - fancy having the same
sort of winters they do?

They're in the middle of a ****ing great continent and we've got the
Gulf Stream (at the mo).

But isn't that the point? If the Gulf Stream gets diverted by altering sea
temperatures we might not keep our moderate climate.

--
*A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/15 09:40, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 20:11:17 on Sat, 10 Oct
2015, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Global warming causes climate change

Er no, Global warming IS climate change..

Planet warms, climate changes, weather patterns change. In that order.

cliamte IS planet warms dickhead

[...]

Global warming is the new Margaret Thatcher. There is no ill in the
world it's not directly responsible for.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , at 15:02:57 on Sun, 11 Oct
2015, The Natural Philosopher remarked:

Planet warms, climate changes, weather patterns change. In that order.

cliamte IS planet warms dickhead

Climate isn't planet temperature, it's the long term weather pattern in
a particular area.
--
Roland Perry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John
wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Only a wimp is bothered by it. Humans are warm blooded, we control our body temperature automatically.

It's never too hot in the UK,

But often too cold and wet.

Wuss.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take a
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Makes more sense to have a heater or cooler so it's guaranteed to be right
and you can make it the perfect temperature.

There is no perfect temperature.

There must be. The yeast will be most active at one temperature, and slow down as you get warmer or colder.

--
The "new labour" government has just announced that they are changing their party emblem from a red rose to a condom, as they believe it most accurately represents the governments political stance.
A condom stands up to inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks and gives you a false sense of security when you're actually being screwed.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

Yes.

Then why did you quote the Thames?

Because that is one obvious example of a much colder
winter than has happened for the last 30 years.

I get the feeling you want to live in the UK sometimes.

More fool you, I don't. Much too
soggy and much too cold for me.

You are in a UK group and are constantly talking about the UK to UK citizens.

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than
other ones. Who cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Yes it did, that one.

No, I just checked.

You ****ed up, as usual.

You were replying to my original thread starter there,

Yes.

and I had no sig in it at all,

Yes it did, that one.

No it didn't.

--
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince has a new album out.
It's called "The Songs Formerly Known As Hits."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

You are one sick ****.
Get a job, find a woman, shag her and get a life.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 21:36:04 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

[...]

How is discussing Rod's mistake "sick"?

Get a job, find a woman, shag her and get a life.

Don't make me talk about your wife.

--
I came real close to seeing Elvis, then my shovel broke.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote
--
*Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Same reason little kids can't draw complicated stuff with their mouth
closed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Yes, but still not a mental health problem.

I'm 64 VERY soon and can remember hot summers and bloody freezing
winters. Now it seems to be cooler summers and milder winters.

And in a few more decades it'll be something different again.

Probably.

We don't know what,

We can make some educated guesses.

We shouldn't spend billions on guesses.

True.

and we don't care,

Some do, even in here.

There's always some weirdos about, best to ignore them like the religious
nuts.

You don't ignore them, you point and sneer.

They irritate me. As do the clowns in mosques.

and nothing we do will alter it.

That is a lie.

No it isn't. The climate has always changed long before man became
"civilised".

Separate matter entirely to whether nothing we do will alter it.

Clearly we have altered the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere
quite dramatically. Whether that is producing any downsides
that matter is a quite separate question.

And the fix is obvious if it does, use nukes that don't do that.

No point in fixing the change we allegedly made as there were already much bigger changes happening naturally.

[...]

I'd say fun.

--
A penny saved is a government oversight.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30
years. And the climate change activists are STILL insisting
global warming is true. ****ing retards!

Every year they predict the coldest winter / longest drought etc.
It sells papers.

Indeed.

Remember the barbecue summer we were promised? I'm still waiting.....

I find it best to ignore all of them.

You clearly didn't, you frothed at the mouth instead.

What makes me froth at the mouth are the treehugging climate change
believers.

Your problem.

They can be amusing though, as they are fighting a losing battle. We will not stop using fossil fuels until they run out. Especially as the same softies like warm homes.

Look out of the window in the morning.

Not very useful when deciding whether to get the boiler
repaired before the coldest winter for 30 years happens.

That doesn't strike me as urgent.

Didn't say anything about urgent. It does make sense to fix
the boiler while it doesn't matter if its not working for a few
days rather than have it stop when its in the depth of the
worst winter for 30 years

But winter was coming anyway, so you'd have fixed it anyway to use a bit instead of to use a lot.

By the way my boiler hasn't been serviced or anything for 15 years.

and have to stay in bed all day
to keep warm and freeze when repairing the boiler then.

Wuss.

If you hated the cold that much, you'd get it repaired for a normal
winter. Or just use a fan heater.

Or fix is when it doesn't matter if its off for a while.

--
Q. What's the difference between a brown-noser and a ****-head?
A. Depth perception.

That bugger should be burnt at the stake
for all the keyboards he has ruined.

Did you bring back your drink?

Nope, but plenty would have done with some of his best.

Who is it?

--
The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Roland Perry
wrote:

That's right. But Scotland is north of Moscow - fancy having the same
sort of winters they do?

They're in the middle of a ****ing great continent and we've got the
Gulf Stream (at the mo).

On yes and several years ago it was claimed global warming would cause
the melting of the arctic ice which would destroy the gulf stream would
destroy it. Pity the ice is actually getting thicker.
--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John

wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Only a wimp is bothered by it.

Anyone with even half a clue does that sort of thing in the better weather.

Humans are warm blooded, we control our body temperature automatically.

Anyone with even half a clue does that sort of thing in the better weather.

It's never too hot in the UK,

But often too cold and wet.

Wuss.

Fool.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take a
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

You can't tell what temperature it will be later by looking outside.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Makes more sense to have a heater or cooler so it's guaranteed to be
right and you can make it the perfect temperature.

There is no perfect temperature.

There must be.

There isn't.

The yeast will be most active at one temperature,
and slow down as you get warmer or colder.

Wrong. And it isn't yeast activity that's the problem
with the higher temps, it's the fusel alcohols produced
at the higher temps that **** the taste of the beer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 20:51:22 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John

wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Anyone who isn't a wimp doesn't mind what the weather is.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take a
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

You can't tell what temperature it will be later by looking outside.

If it's warm and the sky is clear, it will no doubt get warmer.

I'm currently watching the forecasts because I am about
to do the mega brewing and distilling run which lasts for
a week or two and want to avoid the situation where it
gets too cold overnight and stops fermenting and isn't
going to get too hot during the day. Makes more sense
to time it right so it doesn't need heating or cooling.

Makes more sense to have a heater or cooler so it's guaranteed to be
right and you can make it the perfect temperature.

There is no perfect temperature.

There must be.

There isn't.

The yeast will be most active at one temperature,
and slow down as you get warmer or colder.

Wrong. And it isn't yeast activity that's the problem
with the higher temps, it's the fusel alcohols produced
at the higher temps that **** the taste of the beer.

The yeast I use has a temperature range. It also says it's slower if you go to the colder end of it.

--
Tower: "Delta 351, you have traffic at 10 o'clock, 6 miles!"
Delta 351: "Give us another hint! We have digital watches!"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote

I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30 years.

And it remains to be seen how accurate that forecast is.

And even if it is, things will clearly be warmer
than they were at some time in the time before
that that there are records for like when the
Thames froze over not all that long ago.

Don't you have your own frozen rivers?

Yes.

Then why did you quote the Thames?

Because that is one obvious example of a much colder
winter than has happened for the last 30 years.

I get the feeling you want to live in the UK sometimes.

More fool you, I don't. Much too
soggy and much too cold for me.

You are in a UK group and are constantly talking about the UK to UK
citizens.

I talk to lots of people about all sorts of things.

I talk to lots of fundys about religion. Doesn't mean
I want to be a fundy or grovel to some god or other.

And the climate change activists are
STILL insisting global warming is true.

Because it would clearly be warmer than
when the Thames froze over, it does happen.

Yes, it will be warmer than other times and colder than
other ones. Who cares? That's meant to happen.

****ing retards!

Your sig is sposed to have a line with just -- on it in front of it.

The post you replied to had NO sig.

Yes it did, that one.

No, I just checked.

You ****ed up, as usual.

You were replying to my original thread starter there,

Yes.

and I had no sig in it at all,

Yes it did, that one.

No it didn't.

Yes it did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

It is for the one that ends up dead and those who have
to arrest and incarcerate and deal with the loony.

I'm 64 VERY soon and can remember hot summers and bloody freezing
winters. Now it seems to be cooler summers and milder winters.

And in a few more decades it'll be something different again.

Probably.

We don't know what,

We can make some educated guesses.

We shouldn't spend billions on guesses.

True.

and we don't care,

Some do, even in here.

There's always some weirdos about, best to ignore them like the
religious
nuts.

You don't ignore them, you point and sneer.

They irritate me.

Your problem.

As do the clowns in mosques.

Your problem.

and nothing we do will alter it.

That is a lie.

No it isn't. The climate has always changed long before man became
"civilised".

Separate matter entirely to whether nothing we do will alter it.

Clearly we have altered the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere
quite dramatically. Whether that is producing any downsides
that matter is a quite separate question.

And the fix is obvious if it does, use nukes that don't do that.

No point in fixing the change we allegedly made as there were already much
bigger changes happening naturally.

Every point in using nukes because they not only don't
pollute the atmosphere, they provide much more reliable
electricity supply that even you know how to use.

[...]

More fool you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
I've been told they're forecasting the coldest winter for 30
years. And the climate change activists are STILL insisting
global warming is true. ****ing retards!

Every year they predict the coldest winter / longest drought etc.
It sells papers.

Indeed.

Remember the barbecue summer we were promised? I'm still waiting.....

I find it best to ignore all of them.

You clearly didn't, you frothed at the mouth instead.

What makes me froth at the mouth are the treehugging climate change
believers.

Your problem.

They can be amusing though, as they are fighting a losing battle. We will
not stop using fossil fuels until they run out.

They wont ever run out, just get more expensive.

Especially as the same softies like warm homes.

They'll get those when we use nukes.

Look out of the window in the morning.

Not very useful when deciding whether to get the boiler
repaired before the coldest winter for 30 years happens.

That doesn't strike me as urgent.

Didn't say anything about urgent. It does make sense to fix
the boiler while it doesn't matter if its not working for a few
days rather than have it stop when its in the depth of the
worst winter for 30 years

But winter was coming anyway, so you'd have fixed it anyway to use a bit
instead of to use a lot.

Nope, I don't use a boiler.

By the way my boiler hasn't been serviced or anything for 15 years.

Your problem.

and have to stay in bed all day to keep warm and freeze when repairing
the boiler then.

Wuss.

Makes more sense to fix it when its warmer.

If you hated the cold that much, you'd get it repaired for a normal
winter. Or just use a fan heater.

Or fix is when it doesn't matter if its off for a while.

--
Q. What's the difference between a brown-noser and a ****-head?
A. Depth perception.

That bugger should be burnt at the stake
for all the keyboards he has ruined.

Did you bring back your drink?

Nope, but plenty would have done with some of his best.

Who is it?

Ask them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
mcp mcp is offline

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 20:17:04 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Tim Streater
writes
In article , Roland Perry
wrote:

That's right. But Scotland is north of Moscow - fancy having the same
sort of winters they do?

They're in the middle of a ****ing great continent and we've got the
Gulf Stream (at the mo).

On yes and several years ago it was claimed global warming would cause
the melting of the arctic ice which would destroy the gulf stream would
destroy it. Pity the ice is actually getting thicker.

Pity it isn't. Currently Arctic sea ice extent is around two standard
deviations below the 1981-2010 average for the time of year. It's also
substantially below 2013 & 2014.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John

wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Even more of a pathetic excuse for a troll than you usually manage.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

You can't tell what temperature it will be later by looking outside.

If it's warm and the sky is clear, it will no doubt get warmer.

But not necessarily too warm to go for a walk.

[...]

Irrelevant to your pig ignorant claim about higher
temperatures and any such thing as a perfect temperature.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 22:24:35 +0100, Rod Speed

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John

wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Why do you not like the cold? Are you female?

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can take
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

You can't tell what temperature it will be later by looking outside.

If it's warm and the sky is clear, it will no doubt get warmer.

But not necessarily too warm to go for a walk.

Easy enough to guess to the precision required.

[...]

It's written on the instructions.

--
If you believe in telepathy, raise my hand.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote in message
news On Fri, 09 Oct 2015 19:21:13 +0100, Another John

wrote:

In article ,
"Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

[...]

Why do you not like the cold?

Because I prefer it warmer.

but in France I just go near water if it's a hot summer so I can
take
dip.

Makes a lot more sense to go out before it gets too hot.

You can tell the temperature by looking outside.

You can't tell what temperature it will be later by looking outside.

If it's warm and the sky is clear, it will no doubt get warmer.

But not necessarily too warm to go for a walk.

Easy enough to guess to the precision required.

Wrong, as always.

[...]

Which say nothing about any perfect temperature.

Metalworking and winter 'fun' Phil Kangas[_3_] Metalworking 0 December 23rd 08 01:50 AM
Winter Sea ViaggiAmo Home Repair 1 October 30th 07 01:55 PM
Winter Sea ViaggiAmo Metalworking 0 October 30th 07 01:40 PM
Winter Sea ViaggiAmo Woodworking 0 October 30th 07 01:40 PM
Winter Sea ViaggiAmo Electronics Repair 0 October 30th 07 01:40 PM