Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Angle Grinder Question?

Tricky Dicky wrote

Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier.
Having left a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of
a job removing it to replace with a diamond saw and resorted
to gripping the disk in a vice and applying a hammer to the
spanner to eventually release it. Having finished with the
diamond saw I decided to remove it straight away but again
found it difficult, not helped by the fact that the two pin
spanner tends to bend near the pins.

Cant say I have ever had that problem, even with the
disc left in the angle grinder for years quite literally.

You sure the threaded bit that has the metal disc
that holds the disk on isn't all rusted up etc ?

I am reluctant to grease the spindle
but is that my only alternative?

Not if its all rusted up. You can obviously fix that.

Angle Grinder Question? GB UK diy 2 October 6th 15 05:22 AM
Angle Grinder Question? John Rumm UK diy 0 October 5th 15 12:51 PM
An actual angle grinder question... Dave Plowman (News) UK diy 25 February 11th 14 06:26 PM
Angle Grinder Question BRAD UK diy 13 August 16th 08 02:57 PM