Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Angle Grinder Question?

On 05/10/2015 11:51, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier. Having left a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a job removing it to replace with a diamond saw and resorted to gripping the disk in a vice and applying a hammer to the spanner to eventually release it. Having finished with the diamond saw I decided to remove it straight away but again found it difficult, not helped by the fact that the two pin spanner tends to bend near the pins. I am reluctant to grease the spindle but is that my only alternative?

Richard

Does the nut turn okay once loosened?

Why does the spindle lock not work?

My son has lost my two pin spanner. However, I drop a couple of
screwdriver bits into the holes (allen key bits or torx work best) then
grip those with long-handled pump pliers and turn. Works nicely.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

GB wrote:
On 05/10/2015 11:51, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Any suggestions for making the changing of cutting disks easier.
Having left a stone cutting disk in for sometime I had a devil of a
job removing it to replace with a diamond saw and resorted to gripping
the disk in a vice and applying a hammer to the spanner to eventually
release it. Having finished with the diamond saw I decided to remove
it straight away but again found it difficult, not helped by the fact
that the two pin spanner tends to bend near the pins. I am reluctant
to grease the spindle but is that my only alternative?

Richard

Does the nut turn okay once loosened?

Why does the spindle lock not work?

Early angle grinders did not haVE A SPINDLE LOCK THEY USED A SPANNER ON
THE SHAFT AND THE NORMAL PIN SPANNER.hit the caps lock mistake