Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default kitchen unit matching....

In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and ideally a matching carcass.

Even though it's maybe 5or6 yrs old, so far, it's not Howdens, wickes or bnq.

Clues:- the other (white) carcasses have grey/silver coloured board edges (against which the doors etc close)

The handles are bow shaped but with a return on each end - like a neat letter "D" with the majority of the vertical line erased. From googling these seem unusual and therefore may be a big clue?

The doors are Not high gloss but a kind of mid sheen light cream colour, shaker stylee.

Rest if it seems unremarkable.

Any thoughts anyone?

TIA

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , JimK
writes
In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated
washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and
ideally a matching carcass.

snip

Any thoughts anyone?

A picture would be useful I think
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

/A picture would be useful I think /Q

Indeed I took some but it's virtually impossible to see what I have described any better by looking at them...

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , JimK
writes
/A picture would be useful I think /Q

Indeed I took some but it's virtually impossible to see what I have
described any better by looking at them...

Not necessarily a *chain* source.

We have done 3 kitchens in different homes. The design and manufacture
was by a small (10 man perhaps) local outfit. Materials and components
come from big producers but with them producing the carcasses and
design.

So door/drawer handles don't necessarily match those found at Wickes et
al.

You could try checking the local press for kitchen design adverts and
see if they were involved.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 23:14:12 +0100, Chris French
wrote:

In message , JimK
writes
In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated
washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and
ideally a matching carcass.

snip

Any thoughts anyone?

A picture would be useful I think

Funny place to put a picture, most people have them higher on a wall.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 16:24:54 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and ideally a matching carcass.

Even though it's maybe 5or6 yrs old, so far, it's not Howdens, wickes or bnq.

Ikea?

Find previous owner and ask?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 9, 2015 at 4:24:54 PM UTC+1, JimK wrote:
In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and ideally a matching carcass.

Even though it's maybe 5or6 yrs old, so far, it's not Howdens, wickes or bnq.

Clues:- the other (white) carcasses have grey/silver coloured board edges (against which the doors etc close)

The handles are bow shaped but with a return on each end - like a neat letter "D" with the majority of the vertical line erased. From googling these seem unusual and therefore may be a big clue?

The doors are Not high gloss but a kind of mid sheen light cream colour, shaker stylee.

Rest if it seems unremarkable.

Any thoughts anyone?

TIA

Jim K

Carcass should be dead easy to DIY if you have to.

There are plenty of places that sell made to measure kitchen doors. You might not get a perfect match, but hey ho.

Philip
Posted to uk.d-i-y

JimK wrote:

In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and ideally a matching carcass.

So, the integrated appliance has a door. If you have carcass
units either side, you just need to work out a way of relocating
the hinges for the existing door, and supporting some shelves
inside the space.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

/So, the integrated appliance has a door. If you have carcass
units either side, you just need to work out a way of relocating
the hinges for the existing door, and supporting some shelves
inside the space. /Q

Mmm done that before, looks crap:-)

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 10/09/15 13:47, Martin Bonner wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 16:24:54 UTC+1, JimK wrote:
In a fitted kitchen I want to convert the space for an integrated washing machine into a cupboard.

Problem is I can't as yet ID the kitchen to buy a new door etc and ideally a matching carcass.

Even though it's maybe 5or6 yrs old, so far, it's not Howdens, wickes or bnq.

Ikea?

On Ikea units ye may find Blum embossed on the hinges.

--
Adrian C

The kitchen shelf unit - Done. Greg Guarino[_2_] Woodworking 41 May 9th 14 04:26 AM
ISO matching tile for kitchen counter PE Home Repair 2 December 3rd 07 08:13 PM
Kitchen unit question nicoll UK diy 5 October 18th 04 03:03 PM
New kitchen unit doors.....? troubleinstore UK diy 11 September 7th 04 07:32 PM
kitchen unit doors Neil UK diy 7 September 27th 03 11:41 AM