troubleinstore

Default New kitchen unit doors.....?

Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk

View my items on eBay:-
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....include=0&user
id=yorkie_8&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

gribblechips

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are

the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools

and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks

All the ones I`ve seen in the sheds are pre-drilled. (the plain pine
unfinished ones in any case)
The last time I replaced some doors, I needed to reposition the hinges on
the cabinet itself which was more of a pain to get accurate than to drill a
new door recess would have been.

Will

---

Andy Hall

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:32:25 +0100, "troubleinstore"
wrote:

Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks

B&Q ones are undrilled.

No need to buy their gauge, though.

Just make a simple jig with a piece of ply and a couple of small
pieces of wood fixed to it at 90 degrees.

Place the jig on the corner of the first door and drill where you want
the handle hole. Move the jig to subsequent doors and use the same
jig hole to locate the drill

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Tim Mitchell

In article , Andy Hall
writes
wrote:

Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks

B&Q ones are undrilled.

the HANDLE holes are undrilled, but he was asking about hinges. The
hinge recesses are pre-drilled.

--
Tim Mitchell
John Armstrong

wrote:

Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks

B&Q ones are undrilled.

Undrilled for handles. Drilled for hinges.

troubleinstore

wrote:

Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are

the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools

and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks

B&Q ones are undrilled.

No need to buy their gauge, though.

Just make a simple jig with a piece of ply and a couple of small
pieces of wood fixed to it at 90 degrees.

Place the jig on the corner of the first door and drill where you want
the handle hole. Move the jig to subsequent doors and use the same
jig hole to locate the drill

.andy

Hi Andy,
I was refering to the hinges mate. I checked on the handle holes when I was
there a few weeks ago but forgot to ask about the hinges and there is no
where on the their website to ask questions only to compliment them on their
brilliant website ;-(

--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk
Personal mail can be sent via website.
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....include=0&user
id=yorkie_8&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

Grunff

Andy Hall wrote:

B&Q ones are undrilled.

We recently bought a bunch of their oak-effect shaker doors, and they
were all pre-drilled for hinges (but not knobs).

--
Grunff
Andy Hall

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:18:03 +0100, "troubleinstore"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

The others are right of course - I'm sorry. Fortunately the hinges
holes are predrilled.

B&Q's carcasses come with the hinges, so if you buy carcasses and
doors you have everything bar hinges.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:00:45 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

B&Q ones are undrilled.

We recently bought a bunch of their oak-effect shaker doors, and they
were all pre-drilled for hinges (but not knobs).

Yes you're right - I misread knobs for hinges.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
troubleinstore

Andy Hall wrote:

B&Q ones are undrilled.

We recently bought a bunch of their oak-effect shaker doors, and they
were all pre-drilled for hinges (but not knobs).

Yes you're right - I misread knobs for hinges.

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. I can now set to
and work out just what I need for the kitchen.
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk
Personal mail can be sent via website.
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....include=0&user
id=yorkie_8&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

Brett Jackson

Except the handle holes...

"Brett Jackson" wrote in message
Ikea ones are drilled.

"troubleinstore" wrote in message
Please can someone help.
When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are

the
doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools

and
marking gauge and drill them myself.
Many thanks
--
troubleinstore
http://www.tuppencechange.co.uk
Personal mail can be sent via website.
Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....include=0&user
id=yorkie_8&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

Separate consumer unit for kitchen? Alan UK diy 3 May 11th 04 10:27 AM
Replacement Kitchen Doors Gaz UK diy 6 January 21st 04 06:27 PM
Kitchen cabents using Mills Pride boxes and custom made doors / drawer fronts David Jensen Woodworking 9 August 6th 03 04:15 AM