Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BAC Windows and Doors - Bankrupt?

On Tuesday, 17 August 2004 17:09:26 UTC+1, David wrote:
I have just ordered replacement double glazing from BAC (full name BAC
Windows and Doors). After ordering I was told (admitedly by a rival
firm) that BAC are forever going bankrupt and that I would probably
loose all my money and that if I did get the windows fitted then any
gaurantee would be worthless.

...I was a bit p#ssed off as I thought BAC had been trading for years
and years, but a quick search at Companies House reveals that they
were incorporated in 2002 - ie they have only existed for 2 years -
and worryingly have traded under 3 different names so far this year!

I cant find out any info prior to 2002 - does anyone know how long
this company (the previous company) traded for prior to 2002? Are BAC
as unstable as this rival salesman suggests or am I worrying about
nothing?

Has anyone needed to claim on a garantee for windows etc fitted prior
to 2002?

Thanks

David Bevan
http://www.davidbevan.co.uk