Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Advice on elec wiring

Linked to diagram below,hope you can make sense of it.As per my previous
post I reckon I will have to cut some holes in the ceiing but any
guidance would help in trying to work out where best to cut.

A,B,C & D are the holes where the current halogens are.
K is where an old ceiling light was (no wiring)
Starting from C the grey line is the route I think the wiring takes.
I have yet to find how it connects from F to the light switch H.
In the top left there is an unknown spur socket 13amp fuse with just 3
wires in it, it doesnt appear to connect to anything as everything still
works if I take the fuse out.

When the light switch is off the grey wiring doesnt show live except for
the wire at F... why would that be if part of the lighting wiring or
have I possibly traced this part wrong, or could this be the link
between the light switch?

At the moment the only access is the round circles.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...pspj2cpjtx.jpg

Elec wiring ss UK diy 5 August 3rd 15 08:28 AM
Elec wiring and Plastic trunking ac1951[_2_] UK diy 1 April 19th 09 11:59 AM
Need Elec. Advice Woody2 Home Repair 5 December 12th 06 03:02 PM
Single Woman needs elec advice orfbound Home Repair 19 November 9th 06 04:17 AM
Bathroom (elec.) Wiring for TV Jimbo Home Repair 32 December 5th 05 05:39 PM