Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default B&Q Club

I rarely venture into B&Q these days; as we now have Toolstation and
Screwfix counters within 2 miles of home as well as a Wickes, I'm afraid it
rarely gets a look-in, although it's actually the closest store.

Last week I called in for the first time in quite a while, for a couple of
small items I hadn't been able to find elsewhere. When I went to the
checkout, the woman there asked me "Do you have a clubcard?" "You cheeky
bloody cow - do I really look over 60?", I didn't say. "No", I said,
somewhat icily, being of the tender age of 55.

Anyway, glad I kept a lid on it, as when I was leaving the store I saw the
posters now promoting their new clubcard for all customers...!

Looking at this new promo though, it looks a complete waste of time - seems
they send you a 5GBP voucher on your first spend of over 50GBP (can't
remember the last time I spent that much there!) in return for sending you
their junkmail - and not even providing 'points' like Tesco etc. Is that
about right?

--
David
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:03:51 GMT, Lobster
wrote:

Looking at this new promo though, it looks a complete waste of time - seems
they send you a 5GBP voucher on your first spend of over 50GBP (can't
remember the last time I spent that much there!) in return for sending you
their junkmail - and not even providing 'points' like Tesco etc. Is that
about right?

I turned off the emails. A benefit that was touted when I got mine, I
haven't checked, is that it stores your purchases so you can reprint a
receipt if you've lost the original and need to return something.

–“–º–º–ºBinddas CLUB Arafat Kanak Metalworking 0 April 8th 12 10:10 PM
OT- Sam's club N O Home Repair 30 March 7th 08 01:06 AM
DHS CLUB [email protected] Woodworking 0 June 1st 06 11:05 AM
DHS CLUB [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 1st 06 11:05 AM
DHS CLUB [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 June 1st 06 10:56 AM