Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default fence spraying

Hello,

What is the best way to spray a fence. I once used an earlex sprayer,
something like this:

http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-en...220-240v/11919

but as the reviews agree, it was noisy and heavy.

I wonder whether something like this Cuprinol sprayer might be better:
http://www.diy.com/departments/cupri...r/94806_BQ.prd

because the weight of the liquid would be on the ground rather than
being held and having no motor it would be much quieter.

What do you think?

I'm planning to use the "creocote" creosote substitute and there are
about a dozen fence panels.

Thanks,
Stephen.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
lid writes

http://www.screwfix.com/p/energer-en...spray-gun-220-
240v/11919

but as the reviews agree, it was noisy and heavy.

I wonder whether something like this Cuprinol sprayer might be better:
http://www.diy.com/departments/cupri...r/94806_BQ.prd

because the weight of the liquid would be on the ground rather than
being held and having no motor it would be much quieter.

What do you think?

I'm planning to use the "creocote" creosote substitute and there are
about a dozen fence panels.

Thanks,
Stephen.

I had a motorised version. Two things to note
Only water based products could be used. Once they had been frosted the
liquids were too thick to spray and clogged up the jet.
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:51:51 +0100, bert wrote:

I had a motorised version. Two things to note
Only water based products could be used. Once they had been frosted the
liquids were too thick to spray and clogged up the jet.
--

Thanks. That could be a problem as I wanted to use oil based.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, July 27, 2015 at 10:09:23 AM UTC+1, wrote:
On Sun, 26 Jul 2015 20:51:51 +0100, bert wrote:

I had a motorised version. Two things to note
Only water based products could be used. Once they had been frosted the
liquids were too thick to spray and clogged up the jet.
--

Thanks. That could be a problem as I wanted to use oil based.

I use one of these

http://www.earlex.co.uk/?page_id=9937

Quieter and reputedly more economic on its use of paint though I never noticed much difference. It is a delight to use. Limited adjustments which suit my spray painting lack of knowledge
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , bert
writes
In article ,
writes

I wonder whether something like this Cuprinol sprayer might be better:
http://www.diy.com/departments/cupri...r/94806_BQ.prd

because the weight of the liquid would be on the ground rather than
being held and having no motor it would be much quieter.

What do you think?

I'm planning to use the "creocote" creosote substitute and there are
about a dozen fence panels.

Thanks,
Stephen.

I had a motorised version. Two things to note
Only water based products could be used. Once they had been frosted the
liquids were too thick to spray and clogged up the jet.

I've used something like the Cuprinol one here. I think it came from
Wickes and was an own brand. There were two versions, and I used the oil
based rather than the water based one.

I've had two. The first worked for one long spraying session, but then I
couldn't get it to spray when I tried it again the next year. The second
has been fine and has done about 3 years now on the various fences. The
container on the ground tends to fall over when the liquid inside gets
low, but it's not a major problem.

I used the "Shed and Fence Protector" from , I think, Ronseal. This was
stocked by Wilkinsons at an affordable price, but they seem not to sell
it any more. Prices elsewhere are ludicrous, so I'm looking for
alternatives. Our occasional gardener talked SWMBO into paying him to
spray one of the fences last year. I think he used Geocote, but I don't
know what he sprayed with.

--
Bill

Fence spraying Gib Bogle[_2_] UK diy 5 May 8th 10 02:18 AM
Fence spraying Gib Bogle[_2_] UK diy 0 May 3rd 10 11:15 PM
Fence spraying NT[_2_] UK diy 0 May 3rd 10 02:52 PM
Fence and Shed Spraying Terry W. UK diy 2 April 6th 07 12:29 PM
Fence Treatment "Not Suitable For Spraying"....? Steve Walker UK diy 19 May 15th 06 12:26 AM