Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Relay replacement

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 17:39:01 +0100, Sea Drummer
wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

Now that I looked at it again it's clearly 4 gang, try this one
instead.

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

Now that I looked at it again it's clearly 4 gang, try this one
instead.

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

Crumbs, that's the same item. I'll give up gracefully, or perhaps you
could adapt it.

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

Thanks but that one does not have the spec on (and is the wrong size and
I want to be careful.I realised I missed off the measurements
I have width 28mm , height 25mm depth 12mm

Is is possible to find an exact match based on the numbers on the side

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

Thanks but that one does not have the spec on (and is the wrong size and
I want to be careful.I realised I missed off the measurements
I have width 28mm , height 25mm depth 12mm

Is is possible to find an exact match based on the numbers on the side

---

How can I tell if there latching or non latching relays ?

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Jul 2015 17:39:01 +0100, Sea Drummer wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

This is probably close enough, but you'd have to snip off the nc contact
pins.
http://cpc.farnell.com/finder/44-62-...dpco-24vdc/dp/
SW03503
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Graham.
scribeth thus

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---

Looks pity standard item.
This would do if you snip off the n/o contacts probebly.
Not sure why it's described as 4 way

Now that I looked at it again it's clearly 4 gang, try this one
instead.

http://tinyurl.com/nqpzx4y

Crumbs, that's the same item. I'll give up gracefully, or perhaps you
could adapt it.

If you put the part number 0 409 04 004 000 into Google it does come up
the maker as EBERLE who it seems were taken over by Schrack relays but
there doesn't seem to be a direct tie up. Suggest if your certain that
the relay is duff then a search on their website may well come up with a
very close usable equivalent. What it is not is the cradle series that
Graham suggested it were. I've got a box of the bloody things here all
24 volts ones too!..

There seems to be a lot of cross references to TE Connectivity suggest
that you look at the size the number of poles the coil volts are 24
volts and its contacts are rated at 10 amps 220 volts so shouldn't be
too difficult to come up with a near enough that will replace it.

--
Tony Sayer

..

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/2015 21:23, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Graham.
scribeth thus

wrote:

[...]

Thanks , I did find that part number on Google but did not realize they
had been taken over by Schrack and thought it was a site which tried to
get your business by responding to the lack of information for hard to
get parts. The part recommended by mick looks very close as long as the
contacts which are not removed perform the same function.
When a relay starts to fail (intermittently), any best way of testing
it, I'm thinking multiple times on and off, but mostly the resistance
across the contacts, as there appears to have been quite a lot of
arching inside the container as there is a black part.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Where can i get a replacement one of these, any ideas ?

https://imageshack.com/i/pdh44p0kj

---
software.

[...]

For that style of relay there are basically 2 pin layouts. One is usually
used for single pole changeover and the other for 2 pole changeover. I
don't think many manufacturers do double pole normally open now.

You have to watch the spacing of the main no/c/nc contacts. There are 2
alternative spacings of 3.5mm and 5mm for the pins. The lateral spacing
(i.e. between the coil pins and between the different contact set pins)
is the same. It would be well worth measuring the pin spacings before you
start.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I'm guessing this is a relay in a UPS (probably the change over relay in
a line interactive UPS[1]. When my ancient SmartUPS2000 started playing
up with intermittent relay trouble, I discovered the fault was a cracked
pin on the coil connection solder tag. It had cracked just where it
entered the relay base. Applying some sideways pressure to the relay
temporarily cleared the fault allowing me to identify which relay I
needed to unsolder from the board.

I did briefly consider trying to re-solder the broken tag but gave that
idea up as being impractical due to the fragility of such a repair, even
if it did seem to work initially. Assuming it even held together long
enough to survive being soldered back into the board, it seemed highly
likely that it would fail again in rather short order.

I then had a 'brainwave' after giving the problem[2] some more
consideration. Said 'brainwave' being to drill a half millimetre diameter
hole some 3mm or so into the base right alongside the rest of the tag,
tinning it and then pushing a 0.5mm tinned copper wire into the hole and
sweating the stronger solder joint so formed to create a new 0.5mm wire
tag that *would* survive re-soldering to the board and remain a strong
enough joint to avoid premature failure. As it happened, this *did* prove
to be an effective and long enduring repair.

I mentioned this because it looks like you've yet to unsolder the relay
from the board and when you do, you just might find a similar fault
equally amenable to such a repair technique. :-)

[1] Line interactive meaning The UPS can use the rather large and bulky
mains transformer primary as an autotransformer to provide buck and boost
regulation to cover modest dips and surges without switching directly to
the battery powered inverter supply.

[2] The problem seemed to be of the class, neatly described by the phrase
"For the want of a nail, the ship(?) was lost". It just seemed to be a
case of 'replacing a nail' to save the whole "ship" from being scrapped.
Quite frankly, I wasn't sure I'd be able to track down a replacement
relay without expending a lot of time and effort and extra expense.

--
Johnny B Good

What relay do I want? jack[_8_] Home Repair 17 June 16th 08 01:08 AM
How to locate the distributors of relay, relay socket, and switches? [email protected] Electronics 3 May 21st 07 02:18 AM
How to locate the distributors of relay, relay socket, and switches? [email protected] Electronics Repair 0 May 10th 07 06:50 AM
relay john carson Electronics Repair 5 July 20th 06 09:48 PM
RS Relay 349 440 [email protected] UK diy 9 October 27th 05 01:23 PM