Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plusnet

Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5 minutes,
if it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any chance of
a reconnect.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/07/15 16:41, Capitol wrote:
Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5
minutes, if it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any
chance of a reconnect.

Not had any issues and been using it since lunchtime.
Currently connected to gateway ptw-bng01

AndyC
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:

Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5 minutes,
if it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any chance of
a reconnect.

No problem here, but perhaps if I had anything cause a restart I'd have
problems re-connecting, so I shan't ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Capitol" wrote in message
Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5 minutes, if
it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any chance of a
reconnect.

I doubt such issued have anything to do with the backhauled network

it will be your connection into/at the local exchange

The rest of us will only be able to help if you are on that same exchange

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim..... wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
Is Plusnet in trouble today? My connection drops out every 5 minutes,
if it connects at all. I have to reboot the router to have any chance
of a reconnect.

I doubt such issued have anything to do with the backhauled network

it will be your connection into/at the local exchange

The rest of us will only be able to help if you are on that same exchange

tim

The router shows it's fully connected with good up and down speeds.
Looks like a DNS problem as it claims it can't resolve the address. I
guess BT are doing maintenance and haven't bothered to tell Plusnet.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Capitol wrote:

The router shows it's fully connected with good up and down speeds.
Looks like a DNS problem as it claims it can't resolve the address.

Can you ping things by IP addr? 158.152.1.65 is an old favourite. Set
your own DNS to 8.8.8.8 if you don't mind Google knowing your lookups,
or 208.67.222.222 if you don't mind Cisco knowing them ...

I guess BT are doing maintenance and haven't bothered to tell Plusnet.

BT maintenance usually happens overnight, there is usually a list of
affected exchanges on the status page, none planned between 24th and 27th.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Sounds like a typical BT owned company mess up.. :-)

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active