Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OK Who lost an Emu ???

You couldn't dream it up - we were gate crashed by an Emu today !!!!

Daughter's wedding on Saturday. Chaps putting up the Marquee ring to say
that there's an Emu in the field where it's going up!!! I thought that it
was a wind up. Turns out that it had escaped from Whatlington, a couple of
miles away from us, and had been careering up and down the A21 causing
mayhem with the traffic - it's a trunk road !

Couldn't get RSPCA, local animal welfare place or DEFRA to take any
interest, they all called it a dangerous animal and said it was for the
Police to take charge. Local bobby turned up, didn't know what to do, called
in plain clothes reinforcements who shared his dilemma. Eventually the owner
having reported the loss came down and caught it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRgJq0VeIY

Andrew

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2015 20:30, Andrew Mawson wrote:
You couldn't dream it up - we were gate crashed by an Emu today !!!!

Daughter's wedding on Saturday. Chaps putting up the Marquee ring to say
that there's an Emu in the field where it's going up!!! I thought that
it was a wind up. Turns out that it had escaped from Whatlington, a
couple of miles away from us, and had been careering up and down the A21
causing mayhem with the traffic - it's a trunk road !

Couldn't get RSPCA, local animal welfare place or DEFRA to take any
interest, they all called it a dangerous animal and said it was for the
Police to take charge. Local bobby turned up, didn't know what to do,
called in plain clothes reinforcements who shared his dilemma.
Eventually the owner having reported the loss came down and caught it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRgJq0VeIY

Andrew

That rather trumps the three loose goats I met on a bridleway yesterday!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2015 20:30, Andrew Mawson wrote:
You couldn't dream it up - we were gate crashed by an Emu today !!!!

Daughter's wedding on Saturday. Chaps putting up the Marquee ring to say
that there's an Emu in the field where it's going up!!! I thought that
it was a wind up. Turns out that it had escaped from Whatlington, a
couple of miles away from us, and had been careering up and down the A21
causing mayhem with the traffic - it's a trunk road !

Couldn't get RSPCA, local animal welfare place or DEFRA to take any
interest, they all called it a dangerous animal and said it was for the
Police to take charge. Local bobby turned up, didn't know what to do,
called in plain clothes reinforcements who shared his dilemma.
Eventually the owner having reported the loss came down and caught it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRgJq0VeIY

Andrew

It was probably looking for Rod Hull!
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
[...]

There's a pack of at least 30 wild ones where I walk for exercise
sometimes and plenty of kangaroos too. No crocodiles or tigers tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 22:29:09 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

[...]

Nah - Parkinson!
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:56:44 +0100
newshound wrote:

That rather trumps the three loose goats I met on a bridleway
yesterday!

Rather that than lost ghosts.

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/23/2015 8:30 PM, Andrew Mawson wrote:
You couldn't dream it up - we were gate crashed by an Emu today !!!!

Daughter's wedding on Saturday. Chaps putting up the Marquee ring to say
that there's an Emu in the field where it's going up!!! I thought that
it was a wind up. Turns out that it had escaped from Whatlington, a
couple of miles away from us, and had been careering up and down the A21
causing mayhem with the traffic - it's a trunk road !

Couldn't get RSPCA, local animal welfare place or DEFRA to take any
interest, they all called it a dangerous animal and said it was for the
Police to take charge. Local bobby turned up, didn't know what to do,
called in plain clothes reinforcements who shared his dilemma.
Eventually the owner having reported the loss came down and caught it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFRgJq0VeIY

Mad the paper as well:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...n-the-A21.html

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

"John Rumm" wrote in message
[...]

That's as close to Tims house as the Vulcan was to your house:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/25/2015 8:25 AM, ARW wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, although at least the vulcan did not end up in my field ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

OT-The war is lost azotic[_4_] Metalworking 54 August 2nd 10 06:26 AM
Are we lost PDQ Woodworking 23 July 5th 09 08:51 PM
I lost it. Please Help me. rickluce Woodworking 11 September 19th 05 05:05 PM
I've just lost the will to live ! Grumps UK diy 26 March 21st 05 01:37 PM
TV lost picture then lost sound.. Jason Electronics Repair 2 May 16th 04 02:42 PM