Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wall-hung toilet pan question

We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mmm not sure anyone would guarantee that... The frame I fitted (gerberit iirc) adjusted in many ways, to fit a separately bought pan. I remember checking tech drawings etc before committing but the frame was an eBay bargain so I took the plunge!

Jim K
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7/23/2015 9:46 AM, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

As a general rule they seem to be standard - however I would not rule
out there being more than one standard out there!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2015 09:46, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

Tim

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why on earth
would anyone want a wall-hung toilet? It makes no engineering sense
whatsoever. Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below
there's a floor.

Cheers
--
Syd
Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 24/07/15 12:42, Syd Rumpo wrote:
On 23/07/2015 09:46, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and
looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

Tim

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why on earth
would anyone want a wall-hung toilet? It makes no engineering sense
whatsoever. Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below
there's a floor.

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall,
so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it
is easy to clean the whole floor.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall,
so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it
is easy to clean the whole floor.

.....bacuase cleaning around a toilet of too difficult...!

The load is still cantilvered. The load will try to rotate around the
lowest fixing point or support.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2015 09:46, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and
looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

Tim

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why on earth
would anyone want a wall-hung toilet? It makes no engineering sense
whatsoever. Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below
there's a floor.

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall,
so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it
is easy to clean the whole floor.

Not to mention a very "minimalist" visual effect with no visible cistern
or plumbing.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Syd Rumpo" wrote in message
On 23/07/2015 09:46, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and looking
at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own.

I've got two.

Why on earth would anyone want a wall-hung toilet?

Because it makes it a hell of a lot easier to sweep the floor in there.

It makes no engineering sense whatsoever.

Its trivially easy to do.

Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below there's a
floor.

Because it makes it much easier to clean the floor.

I did the same thing with the kitchen bench too,
cantilevered that off the wall so I can just slide
in the dishwasher, cupboards, bar fridge sized
small freezers etc under that and have that
area completely flexible. That allowed me
to have two dishwasher etc trivially when
I wanted to do that.

That bench is 20 feet long, entirely
cantilevered with no legs at all anywhere.
No supports that get in the way of what
is under it either. The whole thing is made
of 38mm welded square tube in a rectangular
frame dynabolted to the concrete block walls.
which are in a U there with the bench filling
the entire space between the verticals of the U.
There is nothing below the RHS frame at all
so I can do anything I like below it with complete
flexibility.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 23/07/2015 09:46, Tim+ wrote:
We're thinking about a wall hung loo for our small cloakroom and
looking at
using a frame like this.

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/c...ung-frame.aspx

Are wall hung pans standardised in terms of mounting bolt points, flush
pipe and soil pipe positioning? Can i order one from anywhere and be
confident that it'll fit?

Tim

I can't answer your question, but I have one of my own. Why on earth
would anyone want a wall-hung toilet? It makes no engineering sense
whatsoever. Fifteen stone cantilevered off a wall when mere inches below
there's a floor.

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall,

Mine has horizontal sections that end up under the tiled floor.
Nothing on the wall at all.

so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it is
easy to clean the whole floor.

Yeah, leaves the other approach for dead cleaning wise.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.222...

If using a frame then the frame has legs on the floor behind the wall,
so the load is spread between wall and floor. The advantage is that it
is easy to clean the whole floor.

....bacuase cleaning around a toilet of too difficult...!

Lot more convenient.

The load is still cantilvered.

And works fine.

The load will try to rotate around
the lowest fixing point or support.

Still works fine.

Securing wall hung pan MartC UK diy 7 December 18th 12 09:50 PM
Wall Hung Toilets Jo[_5_] UK diy 12 February 5th 11 09:11 PM
new boiler-wall hung BigGirlsBlouse UK diy 2 September 19th 08 12:43 PM
wall hung toilet NewToHome Home Ownership 1 February 17th 07 03:00 AM
Back to wall WC or Wall Hung? Yaz UK diy 6 January 29th 07 09:27 AM