Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Maplin CCTV system

Looking for a motion triggered CCTV system with digital recording.

I just had the Maplin email ... they have the 'Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel
CCTV Kit with 4 Cameras'
http://tinyurl.com/pu8lhvt

It's on offer at £399

Anybody used these, any good, or is there a better home solution.

It's 1TB recording, motion activated, IR night illumination,
internet/phone access.
Seems to push the right buttons.

Can take up to 8 cameras, have to check if a wireless camera can be added.

I have pre-wired with CT100 for the fixed cameras .. but a mains powered
wirless one would be good (out building which has mains)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

If I remember correctly this system comes up periodically at Screwfix for about £100 less. Also check out Macro as its one of their official distributors, you do not need a Macro card if you buy online.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
rick wrote:
Looking for a motion triggered CCTV system with digital recording.

I just had the Maplin email ... they have the 'Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel
CCTV Kit with 4 Cameras'
http://tinyurl.com/pu8lhvt

It's on offer at £399

One thing you can be sure of is everything they sell can be bought cheaper
elsewhere. ;-)

--
*CAN AN ATHEIST GET INSURANCE AGAINST ACTS OF GOD?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
rick wrote:
Looking for a motion triggered CCTV system with digital recording.

I just had the Maplin email ... they have the 'Swann DVR8-4400 8 Channel
CCTV Kit with 4 Cameras'
http://tinyurl.com/pu8lhvt

It's on offer at £399

One thing you can be sure of is everything they sell can be bought cheaper
elsewhere. ;-)

I know Costco sell them £30 less ......... more interested if this is a
good system, or should I look at something else.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 06:07:13 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky wrote:

... you do not need a Macro card if you buy online.

Can't decide if that is supposed to be Arco or Makro. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.